Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: New Mock Draft 2/13

"Tom2Bucs" wrote:
    As this mock gets updated I will post it here for all of you. The pick for the Vikes here is something that I have'nt seen discussed on this sight. If we dont address this need in FA I like the pick.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nflmockdraft.html
    If we pass up Peterson to take Brown, I would be one PO'ed Vikes fan!!!
    Peterson is a CAN'T MISS pro prospect!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Torontovik15 is offline Rookie

As much as I would like to have Calvin Johnson, there is no way that the the vikings will trade up to get him...The value to get him is 2 high, I dont know if u noticed or not but the vikings are built not on having superstars but a workman like approach to a team.
    The viking have traded every real superstar we have had like moss, culpepper.
    I would rather have 2 great players then one superstar anyday, and that will be the cost if we move up.
    What we got here is a failure to communicate.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Torontovik15" wrote:
    As much as I would like to have Calvin Johnson, there is no way that the the vikings will trade up to get him...The value to get him is 2 high, I dont know if u noticed or not but the vikings are built not on having superstars but a workman like approach to a team.
    The viking have traded every real superstar we have had like moss, culpepper.
    I would rather have 2 great players then one superstar anyday, and that will be the cost if we move up.
    You're absolutely right, you can't win with a superstar.
    Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison are practically unkown.
    Who's that guy who won 3 rings with the Pats?
    Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Deion Sanders all super stars, all won with the 49ers.

It has nothing to do with having star players, it has to do with those players attitudes. Moss and Culpepper were stars, and very talented, but were total whoopdeedoos.

Every player I listed is a household name and all of them had great attitudes, except for Deion, but he made up with it with hard work and ridiculous athletic ability, and it's not like he was that bad of a guy to begin with, just egotistocal.

Calvin Johnson will be a star in this league, but he brings zero baggage, works hard, and has a great attitude.

He's absolutely worth trading for, but I just don't know if it is possible because of who is picking ahead of us.

"I would rather have 2 great players then one superstar anyday"
    Great players tend to become superstars. Great players don't go unnoticed in this league, and the media can turn players who aren't even that great into a super star i.e Joe Namath, Hines Ward, and Michael Vick.

Drafting Levi would be a reach at 7 but he was a dominating tackle in college. I'm pretty sure that if Thomas was still there Minnesota would draft him just based on Childress history of not drafting WR in the first round. Like mentioned before Minneosta could trade down for more picks but I think that there is still to much talent availabe at that pick to give it up. Bowe would be a good fit with his speed and size in the second but if by chance Meachem drops to the second round I see us nabbing him.
    Go Big Or Go Home!!!

hagen1123 is offline Waterboy

that would be an absolute reach with the #7 overall pick... granted we need help with the right side of the line, but with all the talent this draft has to offer, you cant pass up taking advantage of our draft position.
    I personally would like to see the vikes do whatever it takes to maybe draft up and get johnson, the guy is unbelievable... i also wouldnt mind picking up carr to give tjack some competition in training camp

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

It's a position that we could use but I would really like to draft an impact player. But if he's the best available, then I'd take him.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I want the Vikings to draft Quinn or CJ...anyting else just wont do...Cajun you want peterson...peterson is way gone before they get to us...

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

And you don't think Quinn and CJ are gone way before us???

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

Wow! An OT that high? I think that we should pick in areas that we need; WR, QB, RB, OT, and then Defense. Not an OT that high.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

yeah its pretty agonizing the next few months..just think about the months before opening day :-X

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12