Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tom2Bucs is offline Rookie

New Mock Draft 2/13

As this mock gets updated I will post it here for all of you. The pick for the Vikes here is something that I have'nt seen discussed on this sight. If we dont address this need in FA I like the pick.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nflmockdraft.html

alberta_vike is offline Starter

Re: New Mock Draft 2/13

If they picked Levi Brown that high I'm sure I'm not the only fan that would be really pissed. He's a reach, and I think the coaching staff probably wants to see what they have in Ryan Cook before committing that high of a draft choice to a tackle.

laujesse is offline Starter

Levi Brown is my pick. I think we can move down and still get him though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igNRxKai1mE

play it with sound to understand why its a positive... Badest man in the whole damn town.
    Tom Powers < Hetero

alberta_vike is offline Starter

I really like Levi Brown as well, just not at number 7 overall. There will be too many good players available there. If they traded down and picked him up later in the first round, I would be ok with it, but not ecstatic. I actually thought Ryan Cook looked like he could be a really good player. The position on the line that concerns me the most is right guard.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Not with the #7 pick.. If we don't get Fitzgerald in a trade with Arizona, we move up and draft Calvin Johnson.. We need WR's desperately, and can't pass up the opportunity to get a Calvin Johnson if we are able to..

ec179299 is offline Rookie

I would like if Dwayne Bowe was still their for our 2nd pick, as they have it.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

People have had us picking up offensive linemen and corners for the last two or three years in mock drafts, and it never turns out that way.

Last year we went linebacker, the year before we had TWO first round picks and went wide receiver and defensive line. I think the year before that is when we picked up Kevin Williams (I think), so when it comes to picking what the Vikes will do in the draft, these mocks suck!

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"Ltrey" wrote:
    People have had us picking up offensive linemen and corners for the last two or three years in mock drafts, and it never turns out that way.

Last year we went linebacker, the year before we had TWO first round picks and went wide receiver and defensive line. I think the year before that is when we picked up Kevin Williams (I think), so when it comes to picking what the Vikes will do in the draft, these mocks suck!
    Agreed! Minnesota almost never conforms to the conventional wisdom. There is no way they are going to take on OL with the 7th unless it's Thomas, and he probably won't be available. There are only about 8 top tier players in this draft so I still look for them to use this pick and not trade down. DE or WR. There is only one WR worth this high and two DE's. So I think we will see them draft yet another DE in the first.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey" wrote:

We took Udeze the year before (2004) and Kevin Williams in 2003. So that was 3 years of defensive linemen in the first round in a row.
    If we take
    DE it will be 4 out of 5 in a row.

We should trade up for Calvin Johnson, but the trouble there is, who do we trade with? We need to get atleast in front of Tampa Bay, but they have the coin flip, so we aren't guaranteed a pick in front of them if we trade with Cleveland. We won't trade with the Lions, and they wouldn't move anyway. So that leaves us with the Raiders.

We need to get a trade done with either Tampa Bay or Oakland. It will be tough, and probably expensive, but if we want that #1 overall I think we could do, our first round pick, a 3rd round pick,
    and 2 players we may be cutting (Smoot, Rosy, Kleinsasser, Wiggins) and maybe throw in a 2nd or 3rd round pick next year and get Moss back

;D

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:

We took Udeze the year before (2004) and Kevin Williams in 2003. So that was 3 years of defensive linemen in the first round in a row.
    If we take
    DE it will be 4 out of 5 in a row.

We should trade up for Calvin Johnson, but the trouble there is, who do we trade with? We need to get atleast in front of Tampa Bay, but they have the coin flip, so we aren't guaranteed a pick in front of them if we trade with Cleveland. We won't trade with the Lions, and they wouldn't move anyway. So that leaves us with the Raiders.

We need to get a trade done with either Tampa Bay or Oakland. It will be tough, and probably expensive, but if we want that #1 overall I think we could do, our first round pick, a 3rd round pick,
    and 2 players we may be cutting (Smoot, Rosy, Kleinsasser, Wiggins) and maybe throw in a 2nd or 3rd round pick next year and get Moss back

;D
    And look at how it panned out...#1 rush defense in the NFL...pretty good payoff, I'd say!

As for trading up, I am all for it...but a deal won't be struck until draft day...and we will know by then if Tampa or Cleveland has the third pick.
    A deal probably won't even be struck until just before the actual pick, so to agonize over it is very premature.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast