MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

New Mcshay Mock Draft

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=3197734

New mock draft come out has us taking Harvey

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: New Mcshay Mock Draft

Haha that mock draft was comical to say the least..

There is no way we pass on Kenny Phillips (there is also no chance that he falls to us). And also passing on Quentin Groves and Malcolm Kelly in favor of Harvey? No thanks.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

If we pass on Kenny Phillips at 17 it would be the biggest bonehead move since missing our pick with Tice.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

That is a pretty bad mock draft. No way the Saints will pick Kentwan Balmer that high..He is does not have the talent of the 10th pick in the draft. The Vikings passing on Malcolm Kelly? That is stupid, even if we sign a FA receiver. No way Phillips is there when we pick either.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Mistakes with this draft...
    Pre combine...Wait till the #'s make everyone forget who can actually play the game.

OKland had the steal of the draft last year with m. Bush...why would they draft another RB.
    I don't buy it.

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

"kevoncox" wrote:
    OKland had the steal of the draft last year with m. Bush...why would they draft another RB.
    I don't buy it.
    You mean the Michael Bush that had exactly 0 carries for 0 yards this year? I don't know about you, but that doesn't scream 'steal of the draft' to me.

Oakland needs all the help they can get on offense, and a back like McFadden is exactly what they need, especially with basically a rookie QB in Russell. Their owner just loves the physical freaks like McFadden, and although Justin Fargas had a good year, he is nowhere near the caliber player that McFadden is, and a two back approach is never a bad thing.

It makes perfect sense to me that the Raiders would draft the (by far) best offensive player in the draft, and at the 4th pick, that seems like a good deal to me.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I can't believe the Pats get the number 7 pick.
    WTF!
    That organization is ruthless.
    The rest of the owners are stupid for doing trades with them. Niners, Oakland, WTF!
    I really didn't know about this.
    This is the first mock draft thread I could bring myself to look at and I find this out.
    OMG!

7. New England Patriots (from 5-11 San Francisco)
    Record: 16-0
    Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: ILB, CB, OLB, OL depth
    Projected pick: Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

"aaeyers" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I don't buy it.
    You mean the Michael Bush that had exactly 0 carries for 0 yards this year? I don't know about you, but that doesn't scream 'steal of the draft' to me.

Oakland needs all the help they can get on offense, and a back like McFadden is exactly what they need, especially with basically a rookie QB in Russell. Their owner just loves the physical freaks like McFadden, and although Justin Fargas had a good year, he is nowhere near the caliber player that McFadden is, and a two back approach is never a bad thing.

It makes perfect sense to me that the Raiders would draft the (by far) best offensive player in the draft, and at the 4th pick, that seems like a good deal to me.
    Dude he had no stats because he broke his leg in his senior year and they decided to put him on IR.
    If you've seen him play he's a badass.
    They got him in the 4th round and he would have been a 1st rounder.
    Not saying he's gonna be great but it he's a pretty darn good back for the 4th round...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Although I don't agree with all of his picks, I do like the way Mcshay does it (his format).

I like to see what other "Experts" think team needs are to see if I have my board set right.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...?topic=41026.0

By the way, I also agree that if Philips is there at 17 (he won't be) the Vikes will take him and not another young DE.
    That role will/can be filled with a Vet and some of our CAP $$$$'rs.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MindFreak is offline Starter

That was one of the funniest mocks i've seen. Of course this time of the year these mocks are pointless, except for making talking points on our boards, or sports radio.
    It's been said already, but if Phillips is there (he won't be) we would take him in a heartbeat. Actually if he were there we might miss the pick since our guy that runs the card up would probably break an ankle sprinting out of his seat seeing that Phillips was still there at 17
    You can't be let down if you don't expect the world