Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VikesAllTheWay112642 is offline Training Camp

New 7th Round Mock Draft

1st round-Ernie Sims-OLB-Florida St.

Ernie is very fast and a natural athlete. A good tackler plays bigger than his size. Has good instincts and is always around the ball. Is strong for his size and doesn't get held up with blockers. Is great in coverage. His motor is always running on 110%. Great for cover 2 defense. Will start right away.

2nd round-Donte Whitner-S-Ohio St.

Has excellent speed and quicknesss. He is very physcial and is a great tackler. Has good hands and will make the interception. He is always around the ball. Is a good leader on the field. Will challange Offord for the starting SS spot.

2nd round(aquired in C-Pepp trade)-Omar Jacobs-QB-Bowling Green

We use this pick to get our QB of the future. Has a good arm. Very accuarte and has more than average arm strenght. Has good footwork in the pocket and can throw the ball on the run. Is very smart and won't make a lot of mistakes. Is a leader on the field. Will learn from Brad for a couple of years

3rd round-Dominique Byrd-TE-USC

Wiggins isn't getting any younger. Dominique has great hands and can make the hard catches. Has good quickness and a gamebreaker. Is very good at running after the catch. Can strech the field and is a good blocker. Will learn from Wiggins and Jimmy, will take over for Wiggins when he retires.

4th round-Darrell Hunter-CB-Miami(OH)

Has good size and speed. Accelerates and recovers well. Can stick with receivers in one one one coverage. Is a good leaper and smooth with fluid hips. Has good hands and ball skills. Has a lot of experience. Will challange Edwards for the nickel back spot.

5th round-Lawrence Vickers-FB-Colorado

Good ball carrier and and runs with power. Very strong and a physical blocker. Is a good receiver out of the back field. Good special teamer and a hard worker. Has a lot of experience. Will start at FB unless we sign Henderson. Will take over for Henderson when he retires.

6th round-Joe Toledo-OT-Washington

Has great size and quickness. Has good foot work and fast hands. Can get to the 2nd level. Can play multiple positions. Needs work and the technique department. Is still raw and only has 1 year of experience at the OT position. Will learn from the Mount and Marcus Johnson.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Re: New 7th Round Mock Draft

we can get a TE later, i would take hester there and another DE in the 4th
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I would like to draft a RB at some point.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

I like the Omar Jacobs pick

He would be good for us

Thank you Josdin for the sig

revprodeji is offline Starter

I think one of the big 3 Qb's will drop to 17, and the only way one doesnt is if dallas moves up. So I say grab B-Qb available. Probably cutler.

1.rd--cutler

2nd. I say we cross our fingers for D'Qwell Jackson to fall. if one of the big 3 is out at 17 id grab D'qwell there. i think this guy is a natural leader, built perfect for the cover-2.

2nd-fins. i grab the best safety available, Huff will be gone, but we could have our choice between Bing, bullocks, Smith, and whitner. Personally i hope for bing cause I feel he has the best chance at being a playmaker at SS. Whitner is a stud, but I dont think he can be a physical SS like we need. So my choice here is bing

3rd round is probably going to be a BPA, something on the o-line. I hope Eslinger, or Lutui drops or one of the top 6 Tackles could fall here also.

from there on i look for BPA at TE or Cb, with priority on Cb
    ---
    I dont like Sims much, I dont think he can cover well enough. I feel D'qwell is a much better pick for what we need.

Whitner is too much of a FS-Cb to give us what we need
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

I am not sure if I would draft a back, we are doing ok there

Thanks PurpleMafia

revprodeji is offline Starter

stalion, you dont wanna spend a 1,2 or 3rd on a back...right? and we dont neeed more depth at back either
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

t_13 is offline Rookie

"VikesAllTheWay112642" wrote:
    1st round-Ernie Sims-OLB-Florida St.

5th round-Lawrence Vickers-FB-Colorado

Good ball carrier and and runs with power. Very strong and a physical blocker. Is a good receiver out of the back field. Good special teamer and a hard worker. Has a lot of experience. Will start at FB unless we sign Henderson. Will take over for Henderson when he retires.
    dont forget about joey goodspeed

nfl-forums is offline Rookie

I like it, although I've heard Omar Jacobs failed to impress scouts. What about Brodie Croyle instead?

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"revprodeji" wrote:
    stalion, you dont wanna spend a 1,2 or 3rd on a back...right? and we dont neeed more depth at back either
    I realize we won't, because apparently we are prepared to let Chester have the starting job. But I can't honestly say that Taylor has impressed me enough to want to pass up some of the talent in this draft. We still only have 3 running backs on the roster I believe. I doubt onterrio will be brought back, adimchinobe ain't gonna cut it.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast