Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Need O-line help, linebacker, RB

Hopefully we get Hutch. That's a player that I feel could actually help us.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Look who came out of the woodwork!!!! :grin:

We have been needing some of that special insight that you have, ML4S...now explain to me why we gave Leber a BIGGER contract than we gave Taylor...it doesn't make sense to me that we would pay the guy that is most likely going to be our feature RB less than we would pay an LB that has been best described as a "solid" player, but nothing special...we already had a "solid" player in Newman at the same position!

I still don't think we are set on using Taylor as our feature back. As I stated in my last post, it was also a numbers signing. We only had 2 RB's, so we had to sign at least 1 RB in FA and 2 if we weren't planning on drafting one. Taylor just fits the mold of a WCO back. He is in a similar mold of westbrook. He is a little better inside runner, not as quick as westbrook, and a good receiver like westbrook. However, we have yet to see if this guy can be a 20+ carry a game guy. I really think we still may look at Maroney at 17, if we do fill a few more holes in FA. Maroney fits that inside power running hole we still lack at RB.

As far as Leber and his contract goes, I am not real sure about that one either. Obviously Foley must know something we don't, regarding Leber. One very important thing about Leber though, is his versatility. Also very important is Leber's ability to cover the TE. We just didn't have that at LB and Leber excells at that. He knows all 3 LB positions and can play them all at about the same level. SAM would be the obvious spot to expect to see him line up, but he may end up playing MIKE this season. It sounds like we are gonna try a few of our current Lb's at MIKE, guessing Napo and EJ, and if they don't work, we will probably play Leber there. I think Leber is better inside then EJ. Hopefully we leave EJ outside. I'd like to see EJ at SAM, Leber at MIKE and Spoon(even though he is supposidly all but signed by another team) or Peterson at WILL.

I want Hutch, but don't see us being able to sign him, because it will cost so much. And if we do, we won't be able to afford other guys we may want or need, like some LB's.
    You may be right about the RB situation...but if we get an RB, I want it to be DeAngelo...I feel that he is the next Cadillac. But who do we end up cutting at RB if we draft one this season?

What about Dontarrious at MIKE? He played it some when EJ went down a couple of seasons ago and he looked pretty good...even better than EJ did IMHO. That way, Leber could line up at SAM and EJ at WILL. It is at least worth a look.

I agree on Hutch...we should just throw a TON of money at him...at worst, it would force Seattle to overspend to keep him! :evil4:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Big C is offline Coordinator

Seattle Pro Bowl guard Steve Hutchinson arrived in the Twin Cities for a visit, and negotiations could begin today on an offer sheet.
    Best news I've heard in a while. Thanks!
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Big C is offline Coordinator

Hutch better land here. That O-line cost us a coaching staff (which is good) and a pro-bowl QB (sorry, still sour about the trade).
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

"Big C" wrote:
    Hutch better land here. That O-line cost us a coaching staff (which is good) and a pro-bowl QB (sorry, still sour about the trade).
    What trade???? You know something we don't know???

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

"Big C" wrote:
    You mean our coaching staff last season of Tice, Loney, and Cottrell? And I assume the Qb is Pep. Thanks for giving me a reason to love our O-Line.

[color=red]

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Hutch might be a little too expensive, we'll have to see if the V-Org is going to write that check with a Fat contract.

Bentley is GONE!

Like Cajun said, we could run the price up if the SeaDogs still want him, they need to pay.

Do we have to compensate the Dogs is we sign Hutch?????? It's late, and I have been up and working since 6am CST. I don't remember his status.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Hutch might be a little too expensive,
    I think this is the perfect time for the leadership make the statement that noone is too expensive if they will help this team. I would have a different opinion if we weren't in the best cap position in the league, but since we are, I say spend it. Besides, this is really easy for me to say because it aint my money

[color=red]

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"MensaTice" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Hutch might be a little too expensive,
    I think this is the perfect time for the leadership make the statement that noone is too expensive if they will help this team. I would have a different opinion if we weren't in the best cap position in the league, but since we are, I say spend it. Besides, this is really easy for me to say because it aint my money
    that is sooo true hahaha

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Hutch might be a little too expensive, we'll have to see if the V-Org is going to write that check with a Fat contract.

Bentley is GONE!

Like Cajun said, we could run the price up if the SeaDogs still want him, they need to pay.

Do we have to compensate the Dogs is we sign Hutch?????? It's late, and I have been up and working since 6am CST. I don't remember his status.
    Not if he is a UFA...the transition tag only allows them to match our offer...but no compensation if they don't.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast