Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mackd10 is offline Rookie

Need more help on the D-line

I feel we need couple D line men in FA or the Draft. Don't be surprised if we draft a DE or DT in the first round.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Need more help on the D-line

Uh, yea, I'd be suprised.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

alberta_vike is offline Starter

Why? We've drafted two defensive ends in the first round two years in a row, both of whom look to be at the least quality starters. Also, Darrion Scott is good enough to at least push both Udeze and James for the starting spot, and could turn out to be a quality starter himself. If Johnstone re-signs, that gives us 4 quality ends.

At the tackle position, Kevin Williams and Pat Williams are both great players, I would say the only knock on either of them is that Pat is starting to get up there in age. Behind them CJ Mosley and Spencer Johnson both proved they can be solid backups and contribute when they get the chance. By my count that's 7 ( 8 if Johnstone re-signs) solid defensive linemen. Additionally, three of them ( K. Williams, D. Scott, and S. Johnson ) can play end or tackle. I would say the one area we don't need any help in is the defensive line.

At most, I could see bringing in a situational pass rusher to replace Johnstone if he leaves, but other than that I think we are set at that position.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Our D-Line is great Alberta, calm yourself. :grin:
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

I sit down to write a small post and it ends up coming out like a novel.

mackd10 is offline Rookie

Alberta what you fail to realize is that this coaching staff is all brand new, just because they drafted to DE's the last 2 years does'nt mean they won't draft another one. Brad stated in a report last week that his biggest concerns are the lines ...D/O.

I saw that he said that. When I pointed out that we picked players in the first round, I wasn't trying to say that we invested picks in these guys so we will try and use them, I was hoping you would get the point that we have talent at these positions. The new coaches aren't going to come in and start drafting people without evaluating the personnell we have now. If you look at our roster you can see holes in the Offensive Line, Running Back, and Linebacker. You can see strengths on the Defensive Line and in the Secondary, as well as with the Receivers to a lesser extent. Why would a coach draft new players at a position where there is already talent, when talent in clearly lacking in so many other areas. Im not saying that we couldnt improve our D-Line or Receivers, but that it is much more likely that they will concentrate much more on improving the areas that are much weaker.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"mackd10" wrote:
    I feel we need couple D line men in FA or the Draft. Don't be surprised if we draft a DE or DT in the first round.
    LaRoi Glover..move him to defensive end..i think that is a major need for us with the injury history udeze has already had with 2 different serious injuries in the past 2 years
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

LaRoi Glover..move him to defensive end..i think that is a major need for us with the injury history udeze has already had with 2 different serious injuries in the past 2 years
    I don't reall think we need another end because, even if Udeze does turn out to be hurt all the time, Darrion Scott showed last year that he is a good player. Scott would be decent starter this year, if Udeze is hurt, IMO.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

If our guys are one-hundred percent healthy there is no reason the change. Udeze concerns me but next year is his time to shine if he's healthy. Also, with the Williams' healthy and blowing up the middle the entire line will look a lot better

[color=red]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast