Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: In need of a FA linebacker after mini?

"ejmat" wrote:
    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    I don't get this. It's good to have some competion for the Mike LB spot. Furthermore I'm sure one of the guys - Napo, EJ og DT - will work out. There is no need to go shopping.

And for those who in a moment are going to mention Donnie Edwards - again - I don't understand why you want to bring in an old guy who has played in a 3-4 system.

Thats my 5 cent.
    Why not bring in an upgrade if possible? Sure its nice to have a competition, but if theres a posssibility that regardless of who wins that competition we will remain weak at the particular position why not bring in someone who can compete at a higher level.
    Furthermore, Donnie Edwards WOULD be an upgrade, so if its possible to bring him in, i say why not.
    Donnie Edwards would be a good FA pick up. He's not that old (33) and is very solid. We can use that and his leadership. There's nothing wrong with bringing him in.
    I agree, but i believe we would have to trade for him, pretty sure he isnt a FA.

Webbigale2002 is offline Training Camp

We WOULD have to trade for him, and from all indications the Chargers are asking for a third round pick in next years draft choice.
    Daunte who?

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    I don't get this. It's good to have some competion for the Mike LB spot. Furthermore I'm sure one of the guys - Napo, EJ og DT - will work out. There is no need to go shopping.

And for those who in a moment are going to mention Donnie Edwards - again - I don't understand why you want to bring in an old guy who has played in a 3-4 system.

Thats my 5 cent.
    Why not bring in an upgrade if possible? Sure its nice to have a competition, but if theres a posssibility that regardless of who wins that competition we will remain weak at the particular position why not bring in someone who can compete at a higher level.
    Furthermore, Donnie Edwards WOULD be an upgrade, so if its possible to bring him in, i say why not.
    Donnie Edwards would be a good FA pick up. He's not that old (33) and is very solid. We can use that and his leadership. There's nothing wrong with bringing him in.
    I agree, but i believe we would have to trade for him, pretty sure he isnt a FA.
    Thank you for making my point. I have been reading statements like these over and again in the past weeks.

I understand you guys want him in, but I just don't, for two reasons:

- He has been a 3-4 backer
    - I don't see him as that big of an upgrade over the guys on the current roster.

I think that either Napo or EJ will surprise someone this year, depending on who ends up with the job.
    Napo has been given - rightfully - a lot of critisism for his play last year, but he's a much better play than he showed, or were given the opportunity to show.
    EJ's problem the last time he played in the middle - imo - were bad reading of the plays. I believe that will not be the case this time given some more experience under his belt, and the new scheme and coacing staff.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"Webbigale2002" wrote:
    We WOULD have to trade for him, and from all indications the Chargers are asking for a third round pick in next years draft choice.
    3rd Rd. Draft Choices since 1996:
    96-Moe Williams
    97-Stalin Colinet
    98-Ramos McDonald
    99-No 3rd rd pick
    00-Doug Chapman
    01-Eric Kelly
    02-Willie Offord
    03-Nate Burleson
    04-Darrion Scott
    05-Dustin Fox

Now ask yourself, would you trade any of these players for Donnie Edwards, im nto saying you cant get a steal in the third round, but we were willing to give up 2 third rounders for Tavaris, why not give up one 3rd rounder for someone like Edwards, we know what we are getting, that is of course as long as he passes a physical.

The link for the website I got this info off is:
    http://nflhistory.net/shared/draft1.asp?Team=24&Year=2005

Kinda neat you can look at every vikings draft choice since 1967

Webbigale2002 is offline Training Camp

C'mon, Ramos Mcdonald was a stud!
    Daunte who?

"Webbigale2002" wrote:
    C'mon, Ramos Mcdonald was a stud!
    Lol, alright ill give you that one :lol:

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Sounds like ( LINK ) Edwards is looking to redo his contract, increase and long term.

Bolts sat Gates last year for the season opener over his contract and let Brees go, showing little interest in him, Edwards will have a tough slug ahead getting a deal from them IMHO. By asking for a lower pick I think they're telling Donnie what he's worth, but they haven't moved him either.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Just like bringing in Artis Hicks solidified our OL...Edwards would solidify our LB corps! Heck, they might just cut him on June 1st anyway...then we could get him for nothing (other than what we would have to pay him, that is)! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

From today's morning show on KFan Mike Morris said that Leber looked like the real deal and that he was fast and surprised how big he was, that is at least some good news.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Top_Speed is offline Starter

I think a 3rd would be worth D-Eddy BUT can we afford him once we get him??

(any number crunchers out there?)
    Home Sweet Dome...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast