Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Top_Speed is offline Starter

In need of a FA linebacker after mini?

I'm wondering if after mini camp we may be taking a close eye on the available FA backers? The assessment given is that the Middle won't be decided until pads are on. This to me this is not a good thing. Maybe we should be shopping? Some pretty big namers are avail...

Inside Linebacker
    Rocky Calmus
    Earl Holmes
    Chris Claiborne (WLB)
    Saleem Rasheed
    Ronald McKinnon

Outside Linebacker
    Jamie Sharper (WLB/SLB)
    Tommy Polley (WLB)
    Chad Brown (SLB/WLB)
    Peter Boulware (SLB)
    Keith Newman (SLB)
    Barrett Green (WLB)
    Junior Seau (WLB, SLB
    Home Sweet Dome...

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: In need of a FA linebacker after mini?

I don't get this. It's good to have some competion for the Mike LB spot. Furthermore I'm sure one of the guys - Napo, EJ og DT - will work out. There is no need to go shopping.

And for those who in a moment are going to mention Donnie Edwards - again - I don't understand why you want to bring in an old guy who has played in a 3-4 system.

Thats my 5 cent.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

TRADE FOR DONNIE EDWARDS!!!!!!

Maybe Rocky Calmus might be an inexpensive option to look at...he's still pretty young...but he might be a bit small and slow to play the Mike.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Bring back Claiborne if he can stay healthy

Webbigale2002 is offline Training Camp

Claiborne is a bum
    Daunte who?

D_Pepper11 is offline Waterboy

I dont know, I would kind of like to try out Napoleon or Dontarrius Thomas in the mike spot, i mean if nap works out there atleast we would get a lil out of him from the moss trade and DT is a nice young option that we might be able to mold in there somewhere so i dont think there is a need to be shopping around for the middle... that my 2 cents

"cogitans" wrote:
    I don't get this. It's good to have some competion for the Mike LB spot. Furthermore I'm sure one of the guys - Napo, EJ og DT - will work out. There is no need to go shopping.

And for those who in a moment are going to mention Donnie Edwards - again - I don't understand why you want to bring in an old guy who has played in a 3-4 system.

Thats my 5 cent.
    Why not bring in an upgrade if possible? Sure its nice to have a competition, but if theres a posssibility that regardless of who wins that competition we will remain weak at the particular position why not bring in someone who can compete at a higher level.
    Furthermore, Donnie Edwards WOULD be an upgrade, so if its possible to bring him in, i say why not.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

It's too late. Newman was already signed away. We missed our chance. Bad move by Childress IMO.

I doubt we will go shopping. There are good LBs out there but we have a ton of every position right now.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

Thats my 5 cent.
    Why not bring in an upgrade if possible? Sure its nice to have a competition, but if theres a posssibility that regardless of who wins that competition we will remain weak at the particular position why not bring in someone who can compete at a higher level.
    Furthermore, Donnie Edwards WOULD be an upgrade, so if its possible to bring him in, i say why not.
    Donnie Edwards would be a good FA pick up. He's not that old (33) and is very solid. We can use that and his leadership. There's nothing wrong with bringing him in.

Webbigale2002 is offline Training Camp

There's something that we are not seeing or hearing about when it comes to Donnie Edwards, there has to be. There is only one linebacker with more tackles than him over the past 4 years, and that is Zach Thomas. If there wasn't a catch somewhere, beit an undisclosed injury or too high of an asking price, he would have been traded for by somebody in a heartbeat. MY 2 cents.
    Daunte who?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast