Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    threepete21 is offline Rookie

Re: Neal Still an Option!

"PurpleCrusader" wrote:
    Was Jason Whittle signed with the intent of having him play guard or tackle? That move is one that could influence how serious the vikings are about Neal. Not saying that Whittle is being projected a starter, but I'm sure he was brought in to compete with either Johnson or Rosenthal for one of the right side spots. Given those three guys the vikes have to compete for right side spots I think its doubtful they'd spend the money to bring in another fairly highly valued O-lineman. Too bad, I'd love to see him here.
    Move them around, don't most NFL coaches say we draft based on the best talent available. I think you can adjust it a bit and put that towards FA. I never played the position, but is there that much differnece b/t T and G. Hell, Neal played for the PAtriots, the guy probably knows how to play QB or DB

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"PurpleCrusader" wrote:
    Was Jason Whittle signed with the intent of having him play guard or tackle? That move is one that could influence how serious the vikings are about Neal. Not saying that Whittle is being projected a starter, but I'm sure he was brought in to compete with either Johnson or Rosenthal for one of the right side spots. Given those three guys the vikes have to compete for right side spots I think its doubtful they'd spend the money to bring in another fairly highly valued O-lineman. Too bad, I'd love to see him here.
    I'm pretty sure Whittle is projected as a backup. He wasn't even on a team last year, so I can't imagine that he'd be all that good. Maybe he'll surprise everyone...

Thanks PPE for the sig.

alberta_vike is offline Starter

I think Whittle was brought in to compete for time, but mainly for his value as a backup. He can play center and both guard spots, so that makes him a lot more valuable then his skill level would lead you to believe. I think the only spot on the line not accounted for is right guard. McKinnie, Hutchinson, and Birk make up the left side, and, unless he gets severely outplayed in training camp, I would be surprised if Marcus Johnson isn't the starter at right tackle.

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

Does anyone know how much allen is looking for money wise and how much we have left under the cap for something like that???

Thanks PurpleMafia

aceclown is offline Coach

"shawn9876uss" wrote:
    Does anyone know how much allen is looking for money wise and how much we have left under the cap for something like that???
    i think allen is a little out of our price range, probably asking for 5-6 mil a year.

Chuch.

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

"threepete21" wrote:
    The more rings on the team the better, get him a contract and a jersey.
    a new jersey mite i add :lol:

SharperImage42

VikingGuy43 is offline Rookie

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Man O Man would he be the icing on the cake.
    Mckinne, Hutch, Birk,Neal,Johnson

nice lookin line if I do say so.
    No kidding! I can't believe all the attention we have been giving to O-line. I am doubtful we will end up getting him because I think we are done spending big but if we did that would be increadible. I think we are still kind of weak on the Right side of the line but I still think our LB's and SS are still are biggest holes.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Neal certainly has the pedigree, coming from the Patriots. If we signed him we'd have an O-Line that could conceivably (depending on renegotiations with McKinnie and Birk, whom I can't see the Vikings letting go EVER) stay together for 4 or 5 years. And that's never a bad thing when it comes to a set of positions where continuity and the working relationships between 5 guys is EXTREMELY important.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Benet" wrote:
    Neal certainly has the pedigree, coming from the Patriots. If we signed him we'd have an O-Line that could conceivably (depending on renegotiations with McKinnie and Birk, whom I can't see the Vikings letting go EVER) stay together for 4 or 5 years. And that's never a bad thing when it comes to a set of positions where continuity and the working relationships between 5 guys is EXTREMELY important.
    Yes! Chemistry is the most important thing here. Even if we don't get Neal we should focus on keeping the O-Line together. The left side is dominant and the right side has the potential to be; they are still young. I just can't wait to see the new purple wall in front of BJ!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

He certainly comes from a team that knows teamwork and how to win. We could certainly use as much of that as we can get.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast