Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

Re: nate says vikings is reality!!

i hope we get him. that would be awsome. just adding strength to an already beastly reciving corps. probably the best in football.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

pennccil is offline Rookie

Burleson, Putzier to Visit the Texans

Vikings Wide Reciever Nate Burleson and Broncos Tight End Jeb Putzier will be in Houston next week as potential new additions to the Texans line up.

It has recently been reported that the Texans may be showing some interest in a few more potential players for the 2006 season. Nate Burleson, a 6-0, 197 pound Wide Receiver from the Minnesota Vikings will be coming to Houston for a visit with the Texans next week. Also next week, the Texans will be hosting former Denver Broncos Tight End Jeb Putzier.

Burleson can be described as an explosive breakaway threat. He is very quick off the line has some moves that could break defenders’ ankles. He has great speed, good awareness of the sidelines, and can gain yards after making the catch. The only thing Burleson could work on is varying his speed to become a more effective receiver against defenders. While with the Vikings during the 2004 season, Burleson led the team in receiving with 1,006 yards and 9 touchdowns during his 16 starts. Last season, Burleson chalked up 328 yards and 2 touchdowns in 12 games.

Burleson attended college at the University of Nevada in Reno, where he led the NCAA as a senior in both receptions per game (11.5) and yards per game (135.8). During his three years on the team there, he posted stats of 248 catches for 3,293 yards and 22 touchdowns.

Burleson was chosen by the Vikings in the third round of the 2003 draft and has 3 years of NFL experience, all with the Vikings. He is also ranked 6th by the scout.com Free Agency Tracker for his position and 31st overall.

Another offensive player the Texans have their eye on is TE Jeb Putzier (6-4, 256), who has played with the Broncos for all 5 years of his NFL career. During his career, he has only recently stepped into consistent action for the team, playing all 16 games during the 2004 and 2005 season. Putzier attended Boise State where he played receiver. He was drafted in the 6th round by Denver (191st overall).

During those two years Putzier has put up 1,053 yards receiving. In 2004 he was ranked 4th among AFC Tight Ends (9th overall) by yards and 12th in receptions.

Texans Head Coach Gary Kubiak must remember the positive influence that Putzier had on his team while Kubiak was coaching in Denver, and now seeks to bring that ability to the Texans. Currently the Texans have Mark Bruener (6-4, 258) as the starting Tight End, but with a new coach starting positions are not guaranteed.

Adding Putzier and Burleson to the offensive roster could arm the Texans with two new weapons that QB David Carr could utilize, provided the Texans obtain some effective offensive linemen that can give Carr the protection he needs to get the ball off.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=509879

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"pennccil" wrote:
    i think this year m-rob will only b used in the red zone.(is he still in our team havent heard of him)
    i still think M-Rob will be used in some fade patterns.

alberta_vike is offline Starter

Re: Burleson, Putzier to Visit the Texans

If Burleson does go anywhere, it would be great if it was the Texans. Having the first pick in the 3rd round would be nice, along with our other picks.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Sounds good. I just hope he can stay healthy and be a factor for the whole season. Imagine a healthy Burly, K-Rob, and T-Will. Right there is some blazing speed, great hands, and great moves.. If he can stay healthy, I would love to see him back with the Vikes..
    Get outta my mind!! :lol:

Once again same exact thoughts

:sign5: See man, I told you. Brothers from a different Mother..

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I agree the Texans might be a very good fit.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah it would be crazy to get that pick from the Texans..

Our first, 2nd, Dolphs second, and Texans third shortly after that, then our 3rd

We would have a sweet draft

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Yah it would be crazy to get that pick from the Texans..

Our first, 2nd, Dolphs second, and Texans third shortly after that, then our 3rd

We would have a sweet draft

Yes, I agree.. The only thing is that recently there has been alot of talk of Minnesota packaging those picks to move up further in the draft to get either Leinart, or Cutler.. I don't think it is a great move to do that. I wouldn't want to give up that many picks to get a QB in the draft. We need to much, to make a move like that..

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I don't know if it is the best in football. The Redskins have 3 great WRs in Moss, Randle El, and Lloyd. I think that's pretty darn good WRs to be on one team. Our WRs are good but nothing special yet. Although they have the talent to be, it reamins ot be seen. Not dissing anyone here but I don't think it's as talented the the Skins.

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Love the Omar Jacobs sig, Sharper!
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast