Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Napoleon Harris set to hit market

Harris set to hit market
    Tuesday, February 27th, 2007
    by Judd Zulgad

It appears as if Vikings linebacker Napoleon Harris will become an unrestricted free agent at 11 p.m. Thursday. While this isn’t a surprise, it does mean the Vikings almost certainly will have a new middle linebacker next season. This is a key position, of course, in the Tampa-2 defense. The middle linebacker must be athletic and able to drop back into pass coverage. E.J. Henderson seems the likely choice to get a chance to replace Harris.

The Vikings coaches often talk about “position flexibility” when it comes to the linebackers, meaning these guys can play any of the three positions.

Harris rebounded with a strong 2006 campaign after struggling in his first season with the Vikings. His subpar performance was due in part to injury and also because he was used out of position on the strong side. Considering the fact this free-agent crop isn’t very strong, it’s likely Harris will get an offer the Vikings don’t want to match.

Vikings receivers Bethel Johnson and Travis Taylor and defensive tackle Ross Kolodziej also appear set to become free agents. Kolodziej’s agent, Chris Murray, was told last week that his client would not be re-signed before free agency started.

The Vikings have told backup offensive lineman Jason Whittle they want him back and it appears something could be worked out before the end of this week.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Napoleon Harris set to hit market

I think that we should try to hold on to Kolodziej...he looked pretty good last season.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Was Kolodziej the white dude, hit real well and was aggresive?

I think Napolean Harris had a decent year, he was left out to dry most of year with poor pass rush. He was definitly come back player of the year for us, maybe Birk. But many doubted Harris including me. I think the cast slowed him down extremely but he played solid and had a few monster games. Greenway might step in and not miss a beat, but i like a veteran.

Also Johnson at WR, when he did play WR he was a solid target, fairly used but caught damn near every ball thrown his way. I like him as a #3
    but not as kick returner. He's had a year to study the book, we got a QB that can throw, new year. It may be the money slowing things down, same with Harris.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I wish we would try bringing back Bethel Johnson, he has anything that Ted Ginn Jr. has.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I wish we would try bringing back Bethel Johnson, he has anything that Ted Ginn Jr. has.
    Your correct but Ted Gin is a good kick returner, Bethel is not. I dont like Ginn as our pick at all there are far better guys and I don't believe Childress would draft Ginn.