Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

N.F.L. Draft: Which Teams Build Wisely?

Kindof seems a bit skewed to me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:N.F.L. Draft: Which Teams Build Wisely?

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:

Kindof seems a bit skewed to me.
    I don't think it matters how you build a team, whether it's through the draft or trades/free agency as long as all the pieces fit.

hoytlakesviking is offline Training Camp

i say draft the player that fits your sytem like the patriots and steelers do. forget drafting the best athlete available. leave that to the raiders.
    None

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

A solid combo of draft and free agency is what is needed. Drafting well is great but. You can't always fill a position via drafting. Sometimes a key hole can be plugged via free agency. Teams that seem to do both well seem to be the elite teams. It all boils down to successfully being able to identify talent regardless of where you find it.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

MIN 50.2% Adrian Peterson Kevin Williams Sidney Rice
    Jared Allen Brett Favre Steve Hutchinson
    That's like the best of the best right there! I'm extremely happy with the Vikings front office in the last years. They have been a little too quite this year, though.

hoytlakesviking is offline Training Camp

vikings drafted the two best players available. adrian peterson and percy harvin. probably the two best players in their prespective drafts. they had issues and questions most teams were afraid of and they pretty much dropped in the vikings lap, but they worked out fantastic. i hope this draft goes as well.
    None

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

One would have thought drafting two Offensive Rookie of the Year players in three years would have meant something. It also does not help the Vikings in this type of evaluation that they traded away so many draft choices for Jared Allen.

I do agree that the Packers have drafted extremely well in the past half decade or so.

hoytlakesviking wrote:
    vikings drafted the two best players available. adrian peterson and percy harvin. probably the two best players in their prespective drafts. they had issues and questions most teams were afraid of and they pretty much dropped in the vikings lap, but they worked out fantastic. i hope this draft goes as well.
    I can't say anything but that the Vikings have been drafting very well as of late.

It's pretty scary, since you've been hitting on most FA signings and trades, as well.

As for Peterson and Harvin probably being the best players in their drafts....

2007 had Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Patrick Willis, Jon Beason and Darrelle Revis.

2009 is a little harder, since they've just played 1 season, but that one had Brian Cushing, Jarius Byrd, Louis Delmas, Clay Matthews, Michael Oher, Alex Mack etc.

Now I'm not saying that Peterson or Harvin are any worse than the people on that list. All of those guys could be considered the best in their respective draft at this point.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Rockmolder wrote:
    hoytlakesviking wrote:
    I can't say anything but that the Vikings have been drafting very well as of late.

It's pretty scary, since you've been hitting on most FA signings and trades, as well.

As for Peterson and Harvin probably being the best players in their drafts....

2007 had Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Patrick Willis, Jon Beason and Darrelle Revis.

2009 is a little harder, since they've just played 1 season, but that one had Brian Cushing, Jarius Byrd, Louis Delmas, Clay Matthews, Michael Oher, Alex Mack etc.

Now I'm not saying that Peterson or Harvin are any worse than the people on that list. All of those guys could be considered the best in their respective draft at this point.
    Are you telling me that if the 2007 was held today AP wouldn't go number 1? Willis is the only person on that list that threatens AP and I doubt a GM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast