Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ajoyce is offline Training Camp

My Trade Thoughts (Vilma, Walker)

I would love to see this happen.

Vikes Trade 3rd rounder & TWill to the Broncos for Javon Walker.
    Vikes Trade other 3rd rounder to the Jets for Jonathon Vilma (reportedly what they're asking).

We would have a #1 receiver, a great linebacker, and still possess our first and second rounders.
    Can you imagine having Greenway, Henderson, and Vilma on the field at the same time.
    That would be pure speed.
    I've always been a fan of Vilma.
    Best years are ahead of him (he was not suited for Mangini's 3-4 defence, perfect for Cover 2).

What do you guys think?

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Re: My Trade Thoughts (Vilma, Walker)

that would be cool if that happened but i dont think we would get vilma for just a third rounder but would be nice

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

I'd rather stick with Leber and keep the pick. I'd love the T-Will for Walker trade though

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

What is wrong with Leber? I guess I am confused as to why so many people do not like him when he had a very good season for us last year. Of the LB corp EJ got most of the Hyoe but I personally liked what I was able to see from Leber the best of the 3. Walker discussion again? the question on why over pay for a WR that is not worth it, and cannot stay healthy. Yeah I am all for Williamson going but again people need to take several factor into consideration before we acquire any player via trade or FA. And Money is one of them,

ajoyce is offline Training Camp

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    that would be cool if that happened but i dont think we would get vilma for just a third rounder but would be nice
    Jets Vilma to Jags or Saints?
    Jonathan Vilma's days with the Jets are numbered. The popular linebacker, whose star has dimmed in two seasons under Eric Mangini, has received permission from the Jets to shop himself for a potential trade, the Daily News has learned. It doesn't mean a trade is a certainty, but it's a tacit acknowledgement from both sides that Vilma and Mangini's 3-4 scheme aren't a match. Vilma, with one year remaining on his rookie contract, also is looking for a long-term deal. Now, with the Jets' blessing, he has the ability to speak with any team. Sources believe the Jets could get a third-round pick, perhaps slightly higher, for a healthy Vilma. The Jaguars and Saints are believed to be among the potential suitors. -- NY Daily News

Taken from http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Jonathan Vilma excelled as a middle linebacker in a 4-3 system. He's going to end up somewhere that needs a MLB.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Leber played well but would Vilma play even better.
    If we followed your logic, we never would have drafted AD.
    Chester had a great year the year before.
    The bottom line is we should be improving the team.

WHy is everyone afraid to make this team better. It's easy to let go of good players but when ever someone talks about bringing in improvements everyone B*tches. This is how teams get better. The Pats took a chance on Randy after getting Stall and Wes...

We don't have to loose Leber but we should have the best players on the field possible.
    Infact... if Brohm is available at 17, i say draft him and let him battle for
    the future Qb title.

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

I would love to bring in Vilma to compete with Leber, but I think that 3rd Round pick has better uses.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

Nebvikefan is offline Rookie

I think if it is possible to get Vilma for a 3rd rounder the vikes should do it.
    Vilma would definitely make the team better and it doesn't mean we lose Leber but it is possible.
    I am all for the team getting better regardless of the position.
    The vikes have more pressing needs in other areas but a healthy vilma on the trade block doesnt happen very often.
    "If you need two yards, I'll get you three.
    If you need five yards, I'll get you three.
    "-Leroy Hoard

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Leber played well but would Vilma play even better.
    If we followed your logic, we never would have drafted AD.
    Chester had a great year the year before.
    The bottom line is we should be improving the team.

WHy is everyone afraid to make this team better. It's easy to let go of good players but when ever someone talks about bringing in improvements everyone B*tches. This is how teams get better. The Pats took a chance on Randy after getting Stall and Wes...

We don't have to loose Leber but we should have the best players on the field possible.
    Infact... if Brohm is available at 17, i say draft him and let him battle for
    the future Qb title.
    The whole logic thing the wouldn't of drafted AD is old.
    Have we Over paid for him? Everyone gets injured yes but significant injuries like Walker has, Why do you think that
    top player (like you claim) is looking to be moved? By a team that does need him?
    Its not about being afraid to improve the team but, but about being smart in doing it. We can't just throw money around to every player and hope they do well for us. Walker will be expensive to keep here.
    You talk about not loosing the good players but then you want to replace a player that played well(as you said Leber) for another player? huh? So by your logic as well We should bring in a top FA QB to make our team better as well. oh wait we need to give TJack a chance right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast