Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: My thoughts on 2008 Draft

"ajoyce" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    I feel like we should draft a S/DB in the first round, because both Sharper and Smith are getting older, and we could probably use an upgrade over Smith anyway. I think we will probably get a veteran FA to come help out at defensive end since we already have a bunch of youth there. Drafting a receiver depends on what happens in free agency. If we dont pick one up, then I think we would draft one in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, but I think they will make a push for a higher end receiver in free agency.
    What youth?
    Udeze is definitely out and James has been a no show for years due to injuries.
    That leaves us with very little.
    DE is a must early in the draft.
    The only way we get a good DE in free agency if there is one let go for cap purposes.
    All the talented DEs will be tagged.
    Brian Robison and Ray Edwards will be going into their 2nd and 3rd years respectively, and both have great potential. They should continue to rotate at the RDE position, and I would not be surprised at all to see them combine for 12+ sacks next year.
    Udeze was also still very young, and hopefully he will be able to come back and play again. I think what we need more than anything is a solid veteran to take over Udeze's spot at the left end.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"aaeyers" wrote:
    "ajoyce" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    I feel like we should draft a S/DB in the first round, because both Sharper and Smith are getting older, and we could probably use an upgrade over Smith anyway. I think we will probably get a veteran FA to come help out at defensive end since we already have a bunch of youth there. Drafting a receiver depends on what happens in free agency. If we dont pick one up, then I think we would draft one in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, but I think they will make a push for a higher end receiver in free agency.
    What youth?
    Udeze is definitely out and James has been a no show for years due to injuries.
    That leaves us with very little.
    DE is a must early in the draft.
    The only way we get a good DE in free agency if there is one let go for cap purposes.
    All the talented DEs will be tagged.
    Brian Robison and Ray Edwards will be going into their 2nd and 3rd years respectively, and both have great potential. They should continue to rotate at the RDE position, and I would not be surprised at all to see them combine for 12+ sacks next year.
    Udeze was also still very young, and hopefully he will be able to come back and play again. I think what we need more than anything is a solid veteran to take over Udeze's spot at the left end.
    definetly, like a antwan odom or a justin smith
    if we cant get one of those i could see us taking one in the 2nd round, not the 1st.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

I love Bowman in 2nd!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12