Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 85
  1. #21
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes

    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    I have to say that I was very angry that we took TJ with all the QBs available last year in the draft.
    Having said that there is nothing we can do about it now.
    So we have a talented QB that has a lot to learn, sounds familiar.
    I do think we need to give TJ more time than one two games.
    There is a learning curve and very few shine in their first year.
    He has even more to learn coming from a small school.

    Hearing all the excuses for TJ makes me angry too.
    The same people making excuses for TJ are the same ones calling for BJ head.
    When Brad was in there he couldn't move the ball and he was making bad decisions.
    As soon as TJ gets in there it's the WR fault, the line doesn't block or gets a penalty to kill a drive, or the play calling sucks!
    Well, I've got news for you, those are all valid excuses for BJ too.


    I am sure the people who said Brad suppporters should be eating crow are very quiet right about now.
    Not that I would say they should be eating crow because that sounds as if I am happy TJ didn't do well.
    But maybe they will wait a little longer before they start mouthing off again.
    Let's hope TJ can come back next year and excel because we don't have many options at this point.


    Tark see my post in this thread (page 2) 3/4 of the way down for response to this post.

    No way I am silent about Brad he sucked and T-Jack is the QB of the future you and the rest of the we need it yesterday crowd need to step back and relize that you have to develop a QB it does not happen overnight, most of the time!

    Look at Eli Manning he still sucks and it's been 3 years!

    Carson Palmer

    (would you like him on the Vikes?)
    1st year:

    didn't play

    2nd year:
    16 games
    77%
    QB rating
    18 TD's
    18 INT's

    3rd year
    101% QB rating
    32 TD's
    12 INT's


    Drew Brees
    1st year
    played in 1 game

    2nd year
    16 games
    77% QB rating
    17 TD's
    16 INT's

    3rd year

    11 games
    67.5% QB rating
    11 TD's
    15 INT's

    4th year

    15 games
    104.8% QB rating
    27 TD's
    7 INT's




    It takes time to develop a QB and most of the time does not happen overnight.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  2. #22
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes

    Del, I will change that to assumed to not be good enough to start for Mich.

    I understand where you are going with your reply.
    Valid points.

    Maybe TJ should have dominated at his level.

    Who knows, only hope to find out fast.
    I hope it is in the positive and not the negative.
    Another QB search will drive me bonkers.

  3. #23
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    I have to say that I was very angry that we took TJ with all the QBs available last year in the draft.
    Having said that there is nothing we can do about it now.
    So we have a talented QB that has a lot to learn, sounds familiar.
    I do think we need to give TJ more time than one two games.
    There is a learning curve and very few shine in their first year.
    He has even more to learn coming from a small school.

    Hearing all the excuses for TJ makes me angry too.
    The same people making excuses for TJ are the same ones calling for BJ head.
    When Brad was in there he couldn't move the ball and he was making bad decisions.
    As soon as TJ gets in there it's the WR fault, the line doesn't block or gets a penalty to kill a drive, or the play calling sucks!
    Well, I've got news for you, those are all valid excuses for BJ too.


    I am sure the people who said Brad suppporters should be eating crow are very quiet right about now.
    Not that I would say they should be eating crow because that sounds as if I am happy TJ didn't do well.
    But maybe they will wait a little longer before they start mouthing off again.
    Let's hope TJ can come back next year and excel because we don't have many options at this point.


    Tark see my post in this thread (page 2) 3/4 of the way down for response to this post.

    No way I am silent about Brad he sucked and T-Jack is the QB of the future you and the rest of the we need it yesterday crowd need to step back and relize that you have to develop a QB it does not happen overnight, most of the time!

    Look at Eli Manning he still sucks and it's been 3 years!

    Carson Palmer

    (would you like him on the Vikes?)
    1st year:

    didn't play

    2nd year:
    16 games
    77%
    QB rating
    18 TD's
    18 INT's

    3rd year
    101% QB rating
    32 TD's
    12 INT's


    Drew Brees
    1st year
    played in 1 game

    2nd year
    16 games
    77% QB rating
    17 TD's
    16 INT's

    3rd year

    11 games
    67.5% QB rating
    11 TD's
    15 INT's

    4th year

    15 games
    104.8% QB rating
    27 TD's
    7 INT's




    It takes time to develop a QB and most of the time does not happen overnight.

    TJ sucked too, and will continue to suck as long as the team plays as poorly as it did. Which is the point. It was a team failure not a Brad Johnson failure. I mean if breaking records for not managing to get 4 1st downs in a game is an improvement then I must be watching a different sport then you.

    If Brad Johnson sucked and TJ sucked worse and your blaming people for living in the past but your head is stuck in the WHAT IF he turns out to be good then what do you really have to stand on. You list a handful of QB's who had a bad first year then went on to be good, what is the ratio of QB's who had bad first years that exited stage right because they did not improve? I am willing to wager it would blow yours out of the water.

    Fact of the matter to me is the proof of burden is on him. And so far he hasn't prooven shit. All the people who were saying the most outlandish head crammed up the asspipe things about Brad Johnson are missing valuabe brain cells. I entertained an argument that TJ would be better because he could get the ball to the WR with velocity..........the same guy tells me that the reason the WR's are dropping the balls are because they are poorly thrown.........then TJ gets in and throws balls and they are dropped.......what now Whack? Oh yeah magically now it is obviously our WR's fault.

    Brad Johnson can't move around and avoid the sack, TJ can avoid the sack.........Bullshit he can he ate turf time and time again. But now magically it is the offensive lines fault but it wasnt their fault when it came to Brad.

    I just wish anyone who said anything similar to that would stfu forever. It's like trying to reason with a vegtable.

  4. #24
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes

    "Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    I have to say that I was very angry that we took TJ with all the QBs available last year in the draft.
    Having said that there is nothing we can do about it now.
    So we have a talented QB that has a lot to learn, sounds familiar.
    I do think we need to give TJ more time than one two games.
    There is a learning curve and very few shine in their first year.
    He has even more to learn coming from a small school.

    Hearing all the excuses for TJ makes me angry too.
    The same people making excuses for TJ are the same ones calling for BJ head.
    When Brad was in there he couldn't move the ball and he was making bad decisions.
    As soon as TJ gets in there it's the WR fault, the line doesn't block or gets a penalty to kill a drive, or the play calling sucks!
    Well, I've got news for you, those are all valid excuses for BJ too.


    I am sure the people who said Brad suppporters should be eating crow are very quiet right about now.
    Not that I would say they should be eating crow because that sounds as if I am happy TJ didn't do well.
    But maybe they will wait a little longer before they start mouthing off again.
    Let's hope TJ can come back next year and excel because we don't have many options at this point.


    Tark see my post in this thread (page 2) 3/4 of the way down for response to this post.

    No way I am silent about Brad he sucked and T-Jack is the QB of the future you and the rest of the we need it yesterday crowd need to step back and relize that you have to develop a QB it does not happen overnight, most of the time!

    Look at Eli Manning he still sucks and it's been 3 years!

    Carson Palmer

    (would you like him on the Vikes?)
    1st year:

    didn't play

    2nd year:
    16 games
    77%
    QB rating
    18 TD's
    18 INT's

    3rd year
    101% QB rating
    32 TD's
    12 INT's


    Drew Brees
    1st year
    played in 1 game

    2nd year
    16 games
    77% QB rating
    17 TD's
    16 INT's

    3rd year

    11 games
    67.5% QB rating
    11 TD's
    15 INT's

    4th year

    15 games
    104.8% QB rating
    27 TD's
    7 INT's




    It takes time to develop a QB and most of the time does not happen overnight.

    TJ sucked too, and will continue to suck as long as the team plays as poorly as it did. Which is the point. It was a team failure not a Brad Johnson failure. I mean if breaking records for not managing to get 4 1st downs in a game is an improvement then I must be watching a different sport then you.

    If Brad Johnson sucked and TJ sucked worse and your blaming people for living in the past but your head is stuck in the WHAT IF he turns out to be good then what do you really have to stand on. You list a handful of QB's who had a bad first year then went on to be good, what is the ratio of QB's who had bad first years that exited stage right because they did not improve? I am willing to wager it would blow yours out of the water.

    Fact of the matter to me is the proof of burden is on him. And so far he hasn't prooven pooh. All the people who were saying the most outlandish head crammed up the asspipe things about Brad Johnson are missing valuabe brain cells. I entertained an argument that TJ would be better because he could get the ball to the WR with velocity..........the same guy tells me that the reason the WR's are dropping the balls are because they are poorly thrown.........then TJ gets in and throws balls and they are dropped.......what now Whack? Oh yeah magically now it is obviously our WR's fault.

    Brad Johnson can't move around and avoid the sack, TJ can avoid the sack.........kaka del toro he can he ate turf time and time again. But now magically it is the offensive lines fault but it wasnt their fault when it came to Brad.

    I just wish anyone who said anything similar to that would stfu forever. It's like trying to reason with a vegtable.

    Way wrong DEL!

    Brad is a 14 year veteran and T-Jack is a rookie.


    Prove this wrong Del!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    T-Jack stats 4 games he played in
    47 of 81 passing
    completion ratio 58%
    475 yards passing
    2 TD's
    4 INT's


    Vince's Young's 1st 4 games
    34 of 99 passing
    completion ratio 34%
    351 yards passing
    2 TD's
    4 INT's


    T-Jack had better numbers than Vince Young in their 1st 4 games


    So Vince Young sucks too?

    Rookie of the Year Vince Young?


    Would you take Vince Young to be the Vikes QB of the future?


    By the way Del!

    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?





    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  5. #25
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,200

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes

    Whack - And if TJ sucks you slink back into your hole and be quiet for a while!
    I remember a heated post about how great DC was.
    You had him in the hall of fame!!!!!
    I didn't hear from you when he turned out to be a a piece of shit.
    You ran away and hid.
    Brad may have been bad this year but he was in no way any worse than your new crowning savior of our franchise.


    The reason BJ may have sucked may be because the WR dropped passes the oline couldn't block and had penalties in crucial situations (Where have we heard that before -TJ backers).
    Maybe had you Del Rio's post you may have absorbed some knowledge but I think you just used your own insightful thoughts - Let's see if I can remember your pulitzer prize winning dissertation; oh yeah it goes like this

    Brad Sucks!
    Brad Sucks!
    Brad Sucks!
    Brad Sucks!
    Brad Sucks!
    Brad Sucks!

    You must have spent many years in college to come up with something like that.


    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  6. #26
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    I have to say that I was very angry that we took TJ with all the QBs available last year in the draft.
    Having said that there is nothing we can do about it now.
    So we have a talented QB that has a lot to learn, sounds familiar.
    I do think we need to give TJ more time than one two games.
    There is a learning curve and very few shine in their first year.
    He has even more to learn coming from a small school.

    Hearing all the excuses for TJ makes me angry too.
    The same people making excuses for TJ are the same ones calling for BJ head.
    When Brad was in there he couldn't move the ball and he was making bad decisions.
    As soon as TJ gets in there it's the WR fault, the line doesn't block or gets a penalty to kill a drive, or the play calling sucks!
    Well, I've got news for you, those are all valid excuses for BJ too.


    I am sure the people who said Brad suppporters should be eating crow are very quiet right about now.
    Not that I would say they should be eating crow because that sounds as if I am happy TJ didn't do well.
    But maybe they will wait a little longer before they start mouthing off again.
    Let's hope TJ can come back next year and excel because we don't have many options at this point.


    Tark see my post in this thread (page 2) 3/4 of the way down for response to this post.

    No way I am silent about Brad he sucked and T-Jack is the QB of the future you and the rest of the we need it yesterday crowd need to step back and relize that you have to develop a QB it does not happen overnight, most of the time!

    Look at Eli Manning he still sucks and it's been 3 years!

    Carson Palmer

    (would you like him on the Vikes?)
    1st year:

    didn't play

    2nd year:
    16 games
    77%
    QB rating
    18 TD's
    18 INT's

    3rd year
    101% QB rating
    32 TD's
    12 INT's


    Drew Brees
    1st year
    played in 1 game

    2nd year
    16 games
    77% QB rating
    17 TD's
    16 INT's

    3rd year

    11 games
    67.5% QB rating
    11 TD's
    15 INT's

    4th year

    15 games
    104.8% QB rating
    27 TD's
    7 INT's




    It takes time to develop a QB and most of the time does not happen overnight.

    TJ sucked too, and will continue to suck as long as the team plays as poorly as it did. Which is the point. It was a team failure not a Brad Johnson failure. I mean if breaking records for not managing to get 4 1st downs in a game is an improvement then I must be watching a different sport then you.

    If Brad Johnson sucked and TJ sucked worse and your blaming people for living in the past but your head is stuck in the WHAT IF he turns out to be good then what do you really have to stand on. You list a handful of QB's who had a bad first year then went on to be good, what is the ratio of QB's who had bad first years that exited stage right because they did not improve? I am willing to wager it would blow yours out of the water.

    Fact of the matter to me is the proof of burden is on him. And so far he hasn't prooven pooh. All the people who were saying the most outlandish head crammed up the asspipe things about Brad Johnson are missing valuabe brain cells. I entertained an argument that TJ would be better because he could get the ball to the WR with velocity..........the same guy tells me that the reason the WR's are dropping the balls are because they are poorly thrown.........then TJ gets in and throws balls and they are dropped.......what now Whack? Oh yeah magically now it is obviously our WR's fault.

    Brad Johnson can't move around and avoid the sack, TJ can avoid the sack.........kaka del toro he can he ate turf time and time again. But now magically it is the offensive lines fault but it wasnt their fault when it came to Brad.

    I just wish anyone who said anything similar to that would stfu forever. It's like trying to reason with a vegtable.

    Way wrong DEL!

    Brad is a 14 year veteran and T-Jack is a rookie.


    Prove this wrong Del!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    T-Jack stats 4 games he played in
    47 of 81 passing
    completion ratio 58%
    475 yards passing
    2 TD's
    4 INT's


    Vince's Young's 1st 4 games
    34 of 99 passing
    completion ratio 34%
    351 yards passing
    2 TD's
    4 INT's


    T-Jack had better numbers than Vince Young in their 1st 4 games


    So Vince Young sucks too?

    Rookie of the Year Vince Young?


    Would you take Vince Young to be the Vikes QB of the future?


    By the way Del!

    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?
    Brad sucked?





    Are you asking if Brad sucked? Because traditionally question marks point to a question. Since you're asking I would say no.

    Who gives a flying floop if he played better then Vince Young? Guess what Brad Johnsons first 4 games of the season were better too OMG WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

    BREAK OUT THE SIRENS!!!!!!!!!!! GET THE CONFETTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!! WOOO fricken WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    TJ still sucked so much jiggly butt he managed to break a record for the Vikings, he managed the fewest first downs in a game. Did Vince Young manage that Whack *Edited*? Did Vince Young win? Yes he did. Has TJ? No he hasn't.

    Which brings me back to this being a team sport and to the fact that arguing with you on this is like talking to a god gol 'darnit veggie. The best part was watching you flip flop mid season as if you had some magnificent revelation. You were discussing o-line problems, team issues and all of a sudden one day you must have fell off your roof and landed on your head because now you have T-Jack tatooed on your pecker.

    Ironic coming from the guy that was so updet over people riding the Hank Baskett Waggon. A ROOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I guess old Hank Basket doesn't get the Whack treatment. The same treatment you give old TJ, hell give em 5 years he will come around. At what point next season will you abandon reason and logic and turn on TJ just like you did on Brad?

    Hard to have a conversation with someone who doesn't keep the grading scale the same across the board. WR drops a ball for Brad it was poorly thrown, he drops it for TJ it was the WR's fault. I think I'll go find me a tree stump to talk to for a bit just so I can get some good feedback.

  7. #27
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    So Vince Young sucks too?

    Rookie of the Year Vince Young?
    The Vince Young comparison is as bogus as the Steve McNair one, as I have previously stated.
    Young was a multi-year starter at one of the top FIVE college football schools and played many many many big-time games against big-time competition.

    Tarvaris Jackson played at a middling Division I-AA school against other midding Division I-AA schools where the biggest games where big because of the awesome band competitions at halftime.

    A big difference in preperation based on experience.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #28
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,200

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes


    Del Rio Wrote:

    TJ still sucked so much jiggly butt he managed to break a record for the Vikings, he managed the fewest first downs in a game. Did Vince Young manage that Tark? Did Vince Young win? Yes he did. Has TJ? No he hasn't.

    You talking to me?
    I am not sure why if you are because I have agreed with you!

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  9. #29
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes

    "tarkenton10" wrote:

    Del Rio Wrote:

    TJ still sucked so much jiggly butt he managed to break a record for the Vikings, he managed the fewest first downs in a game. Did Vince Young manage that Tark? Did Vince Young win? Yes he did. Has TJ? No he hasn't.

    You talking to me?
    I am not sure why if you are because I have agreed with you!
    No I got my two favorite people to argue with on the site mixed up. Should read Whack
    :P

  10. #30
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes

    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    Whack - And if TJ sucks you slink back into your hole and be quiet for a while!
    I remember a heated post about how great DC was.
    You had him in the hall of fame!!!!!
    I didn't hear from you when he turned out to be a a piece of pooh.
    You ran away and hid.
    Brad may have been bad this year but he was in no way any worse than your new crowning savior of our franchise.


    The reason BJ may have sucked may be because the WR dropped passes the oline couldn't block and had penalties in crucial situations (Where have we heard that before -TJ backers).
    Maybe had you Del Rio's post you may have absorbed some knowledge but I think you just used your own insightful thoughts - Let's see if I can remember your pulitzer prize winning dissertation; oh yeah it goes like this

    Brad Sucks!
    Brad Sucks!
    Brad Sucks!
    Brad Sucks!
    Brad Sucks!
    Brad Sucks!

    You must have spent many years in college to come up with something like that.

    Tark get the F over yourself, you can never admit when you are wrong which is about 1/2 the time and I have never run away from what I post!
    After 2004 Daunte looked like a Hall of Famer go back and look at the year if you don't believe me, and maybe Tark you should get your memory checked and go back and read my posts because I called for Daunte's head when he started acting like a jackass so I don't understand how you say I ran and hid?

    Maybe you can actually go find some posts that that prove what you say instead of pulling crap out of your a$$!

    Older QB's sometimes hit a wall and they don't have it anymore and that is what happened to Brad, and he was not good and if you can't see that to bad it happened!

    Where did I post that all the fault of the offense was Brad's?
    Please post I want to see it!

    Just because the rest of the offense didn't play well does not mean that Brad didn't SUCK because he did and he is done.
    I was promoting Brad as the starting QB for last season and because I thought he had another year left in him but he didn't and at least I am smart enough to realize when he was done.

    And you never answered who you wanted us to take in the last draft?

    I wanted Lienert but we didn't get him we got T-Jack and so I live with it I don't cry about it like a child!


    So again prove to me big guy when do I run and hide?
    Come on where is your proof?

    Can anybody else state an example of when I ran and hid?

    Because Tark you are pulling things out of your A$$!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FF Rant
    By Nightgaunt in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 12:26 PM
  2. VKG's post season talk/rant and rave
    By VKG4LFE in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 07:28 PM
  3. A Rant
    By VikingsFan1989 in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-29-2005, 09:37 AM
  4. Sherman Comments on Packer Season Hopes
    By Webby in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 11:23 PM
  5. TV rant
    By AngloVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 02:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •