Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 85
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    652

    my rant on our off season hopes

    The problem
    It wasn't Johnson’s fault. I always hated the stupid 2nd round draft choice since the beginning. I really did try to stay optimistic from my first blog but it didn’t last. Everyone loved him though. That he’s what the team needs. They were looking for Daunte Culpepper who I never liked either. He is a even crappier version of him who didn’t seem too mobile against the nfl linebackers because everyone in the nfl is as good and better then the best in your division 2 school. Green Bay gave him a little welcome to the NFL greeting. In green bay they talk about how different it would have been if Troy made that catch downfield. He practically had to do the limbo while outrunning the cornerback for the ball to hit his shoulder! Put the ball a few feet in front of him and that’s 6. That’s the deep ball he supposedly can throw.
    Oh the veteran Brad Johnson sucks let’s put in this 3rd string, division 2 quarterback from a crappy school. He's more quote "mobile" then Johnson. Oh it was all his fault. He couldn't throw it long. He throws before the first down marker on 3rd down. He can’t scramble or move from the pocket.
    Then Tavaris Jackson gets in there and suddenly everyone else gets worse supposedly, say the fans, and when he stinks it up worst then Johnson its the wide receivers who can't catch a ball, oh it's the offensive line not holding a block long enough and the play calling from Childress that every thing got worst when T. Jackson got in. Brad Johnson had to deal with the same crap except he took all the heat for all of it and idiot fans blamed him and it got to brad Childress. It was a bad move.

    Hope in Childress
    My only hope I have is that Brad Childress was just giving Tavaris Jackson two games of experience so next year he'll know what to expect from the nfl or a heck of a lot better something that wouldn’t include TJack he wanted to see for himself if this so called prodigy is really as good as the fans say. Then he could see if he needs a new qb for the off season (Which he probably figured out he does). The bad though is either way he gave up on the season which held playoff hopes which was wrong If we had played Brad Johnson and if we could have won those last two games gone 8-8 and gone to the playoffs.

    Never give up on playoff hopes
    And this is how. We beat the tiebreaker with NYG who went 8-8 because they lost to Seattle, We beat Atlanta even if they did happen to beat Phily but they went 7-9, because our NFC conference record was better and we win the their tiebreaker. We beat the Carolina Panthers. We could have beat St. Louis so that would make them 7-9. SF lost to Arizona so they went 7-9. Green Bay would have gone 7-9 too if we got some frickin’ first down and burned clock with brad and won the GB game. So we would have beat everyone for the tiebreaker if they did go 8-8, except San Francisco and Dallas but SF went 7-9 and Dallas can go in with us but the only team that did was NYG who we beat in tiebreaker. The only team we don't beat was Dallas for the wild card so we would have gotten the number 2 spot and once you get to the playoff who cares what you did in the regular season none of that matters. You have to win out just like the 14-2 team next to you.


    Next year’s looks hopeful
    Childress didn't see our playoff hopes. So now Childress knows this guys sucks so he got to get a qb and a wr target. All Donavon McNabb (PHI), Michael Vick(ATL), Jeff Garcia(PHI) and
    Matt Shaub (ATL) say they aren't going to settle for 2nd string. They all are 1st string material obviously. So two of those four say they’ll go free agent, probably Matt Shaub and Jeff Garcia, so one of those would be a lot better then now and with a seventh pick we can go for one of the top 3 draft WR in the draft to give that guy a target. There's Teddy Ginn Jr., the electrifying #7, who can return kicks which we need from the Ohio St. Buckeyes, Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech, or Dwayne Jarret from the USC Trojans. And most the picks in front of us don't really need a WR so at least two of the three WR will remain for our pick. We get a coach in a couple years after Childress proves himself one way or another and we got ourselves a super bowl team because the WR will develop and our qb will as well and then everything will start looking up.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

    R.I.P. Sean Taylor

  2. #2
    PurpleGator's Avatar
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes

    Wow now my A.D.D. is really kicken in.


    I understand the way you feel.


    I find it frustrating that every year I have such high hopes for our purple and they totally let us down.


    It can be so depressing.



  3. #3
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes

    What is even more depressing is that I (WE) keep coming back for more
    ;D

    Have faith Gator, our team WILL be better next year because of the following:

    a.
    We will draft well (Prayers are already going out).
    b.
    We will spend wisely in Free agency.
    c.
    Our coaching staff will be better because of the experience/lessons learned from last year.
    d.
    The Purple Faithfull will keep coming back and supporting the team.
    ;D

    Marty
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #4
    OchoCinco's Avatar
    OchoCinco is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    770

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes

    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    The problem
    It wasn't Johnson’s fault. I always hated the stupid 2nd round draft choice since the beginning. I really did try to stay optimistic from my first blog but it didn’t last. Everyone loved him though. That he’s what the team needs. They were looking for Daunte Culpepper who I never liked either. He is a even crappier version of him who didn’t seem too mobile against the nfl linebackers because everyone in the nfl is as good and better then the best in your division 2 school. Green Bay gave him a little welcome to the NFL greeting. In green bay they talk about how different it would have been if Troy made that catch downfield. He practically had to do the limbo while outrunning the cornerback for the ball to hit his shoulder! Put the ball a few feet in front of him and that’s 6. That’s the deep ball he supposedly can throw.
    Oh the veteran Brad Johnson sucks let’s put in this 3rd string, division 2 quarterback from a crappy school. He's more quote "mobile" then Johnson. Oh it was all his fault. He couldn't throw it long. He throws before the first down marker on 3rd down. He can’t scramble or move from the pocket.
    Then Tavaris Jackson gets in there and suddenly everyone else gets worse supposedly, say the fans, and when he stinks it up worst then Johnson its the wide receivers who can't catch a ball, oh it's the offensive line not holding a block long enough and the play calling from Childress that every thing got worst when T. Jackson got in. Brad Johnson had to deal with the same crap except he took all the heat for all of it and idiot fans blamed him and it got to brad Childress. It was a bad move.

    Hope in Childress
    My only hope I have is that Brad Childress was just giving Tavaris Jackson two games of experience so next year he'll know what to expect from the nfl or a heck of a lot better something that wouldn’t include TJack he wanted to see for himself if this so called prodigy is really as good as the fans say. Then he could see if he needs a new qb for the off season (Which he probably figured out he does). The bad though is either way he gave up on the season which held playoff hopes which was wrong If we had played Brad Johnson and if we could have won those last two games gone 8-8 and gone to the playoffs.

    Never give up on playoff hopes
    And this is how. We beat the tiebreaker with NYG who went 8-8 because they lost to Seattle, We beat Atlanta even if they did happen to beat Phily but they went 7-9, because our NFC conference record was better and we win the their tiebreaker. We beat the Carolina Panthers. We could have beat St. Louis so that would make them 7-9. SF lost to Arizona so they went 7-9. Green Bay would have gone 7-9 too if we got some frickin’ first down and burned clock with brad and won the GB game. So we would have beat everyone for the tiebreaker if they did go 8-8, except San Francisco and Dallas but SF went 7-9 and Dallas can go in with us but the only team that did was NYG who we beat in tiebreaker. The only team we don't beat was Dallas for the wild card so we would have gotten the number 2 spot and once you get to the playoff who cares what you did in the regular season none of that matters. You have to win out just like the 14-2 team next to you.


    Next year’s looks hopeful
    Childress didn't see our playoff hopes. So now Childress knows this guys sucks so he got to get a qb and a wr target. All Donavon McNabb (PHI), Michael Vick(ATL), Jeff Garcia(PHI) and
    Matt Shaub (ATL) say they aren't going to settle for 2nd string. They all are 1st string material obviously. So two of those four say they’ll go free agent, probably Matt Shaub and Jeff Garcia, so one of those would be a lot better then now and with a seventh pick we can go for one of the top 3 draft WR in the draft to give that guy a target. There's Teddy Ginn Jr., the electrifying #7, who can return kicks which we need from the Ohio St. Buckeyes, Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech, or Dwayne Jarret from the USC Trojans. And most the picks in front of us don't really need a WR so at least two of the three WR will remain for our pick. We get a coach in a couple years after Childress proves himself one way or another and we got ourselves a super bowl team because the WR will develop and our qb will as well and then everything will start looking up.


    Wow....at least your not bitter...

  5. #5
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes

    I do not feel TJ will ammount to much in the NFL. That's just me.

    I will say however judging him off one game, played away against a division rival in the bitter cold of Lambeau is a bit much for my liking.

    Add into that bias the fact that our offense lead the entire NFL in penalties and our WR's are a bunch of nobodies, I think there is more then enough blame to go around. There is more then enough actual statistical standing to mount a defense, but at this point I don't care enough to bother.

    As far as your hopes you can keep em but don't hold your breath. Childress is on record as saying TJ is like a block of clay that has all the raw talent and needs to be sculpted, Childress started that process and don't expect him to stop it. He was all giddy when we drafted him and I don't see that ending anytime soon.

  6. #6
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    What is even more depressing is that I (WE) keep coming back for more
    ;D

    Have faith Gator, our team WILL be better next year because of the following:

    a.
    We will draft well (Prayers are already going out).
    b.
    We will spend wisely in Free agency.
    c.
    Our coaching staff will be better because of the experience/lessons learned from last year.
    d.
    The Purple Faithfull will keep coming back and supporting the team.
    ;D

    Marty
    a.
    Based on what track record?
    Lots of busts in our recent drafts.
    b.
    Based on what track record?
    Hutchinson, good.
    Smoot, bad.
    c.
    Based on what track record?
    They got worse as the season progressed in 2006.
    d.
    This one is 100% true.
    We love our team, that's for sure.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #7
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    What is even more depressing is that I (WE) keep coming back for more
    ;D

    Have faith Gator, our team WILL be better next year because of the following:

    a.
    We will draft well (Prayers are already going out).
    b.
    We will spend wisely in Free agency.
    c.
    Our coaching staff will be better because of the experience/lessons learned from last year.
    d.
    The Purple Faithfull will keep coming back and supporting the team.
    ;D

    Marty
    a.
    Based on what track record?
    Lots of busts in our recent drafts.
    b.
    Based on what track record?
    Hutchinson, good.
    Smoot, bad.
    c.
    Based on what track record?
    They got worse as the season progressed in 2006.
    d.
    This one is 100% true.
    We love our team, that's for sure.

    =Z=
    Based on the (perceived) fact that Wilf wants to win...McCombs just wanted to make money!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #8
    jmmcgorman's Avatar
    jmmcgorman is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    53

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes

    Good night! I think you may be judging the new qb just a little too quickly.
    Steve McNair came out of a 1-AA school.
    I realize this kid is not mcnair however i think it goes to show that it really doesn't matter or affect how well he will do in the NFL.
    What will determine that is his coaching, and work ethic, I think we all know he is a talented athlete.
    As for the being frustated about the reasons for our offence not doing well, how about it is a combination of all of those reasons you listed.
    Not just a missed block, a dropped pass, there is no one reason.
    It is the team not functioning as just that, a team.
    As for tarvaris not being good, have you never watched film of the likes of brett favre?
    Seeing the clips of him spinning in circles three or four times and then throwing the ball right to defenders?
    Dude it takes time, give the kid more than a preseason and two nfl starts with no wide outs with the ability to actually catch.

    As for the long ball to Twill, it would have been right in front of him for 6, troy made a bad adjustment and ran to far to the left instead of staying straight down the field, then realized it, then tried to turn his shoulders back to grab it, a good receiver would have caught it regardless.


    As for shaub forget it, the falcons won't let this kid go without a 1st rounder, who cares if he says he won't accept anything less than starter, that comes with a price.
    We won't give up a pick that could possibly land us calvin johnson.


    As for huard why would we go and get another freakin old guy, welcome back dennis green with the quarterback carousel, shuffling through a new old guy every year.


    Stick with the kid, at least let him fail before you set him on fire.

  9. #9
    vikingsfan717 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    78

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes

    Give TJack some time to adjust to the NFL. He will become the leader of this team next year. This is a young team with a lot of young talent and we should be able to make the playoffs next year, if chill doesn't mess things up for us this offseason.

    I also think we should keep T-Will. He will have a breakout year next year I gurantee it!! He was having a sophmore slump.

  10. #10
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: my rant on our off season hopes

    Blah blah blah, my eyes hurt.
    Every thread is sounding the same!

    This isn't a direct jab at anyone in this thread.
    This is just an overall observation.

    We are all fans, every team and fans eventually feels highs and lows.
    We are just feeling the lows right now.
    Now picture yourself as a Cardinal or Saints fan.

    Every post can be disputed to some extent.

    Football is all about executing, it helps to have talent on your side and good coaches.

    MicroRant off.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FF Rant
    By Nightgaunt in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 12:26 PM
  2. VKG's post season talk/rant and rave
    By VKG4LFE in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 07:28 PM
  3. A Rant
    By VikingsFan1989 in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-29-2005, 09:37 AM
  4. Sherman Comments on Packer Season Hopes
    By Webby in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 11:23 PM
  5. TV rant
    By AngloVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 02:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •