Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: My Pre-Combine Mock Draft. Thoughts please!!

Heres how I see us going

1st round- Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
    2nd round-Either Robert Meacham WRor if hes not available Craig Davis WR LSU
    3rd round- Best available offensive guard No great ideas maybe you guys can help me out
    4th round- Matt Spaeth TE University of Minnesota. He could possibly go 3rd for us instead of the guard
    5th-7th I don't care that much so I havent mock drafted that far yet. Only to 4th
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Did anyone see the article on ESPN about CJ?

He weighs 240 lbs now, still stands at 6'5, and JUST OFFICIALLY RAN A 4.35 40!!!

Guys, we seriously need to trade up for him. Badly. Childress can't this one slip away.

"baumy300" wrote:
    Did anyone see the article on ESPN about CJ?

He weighs 240 lbs now, still stands at 6'5, and JUST OFFICIALLY RAN A 4.35 40!!!

Guys, we seriously need to trade up for him. Badly. Childress can't this one slip away.
    I dont think we will trade up but he is an amazing prospect. Especially that 4.35 in some quarterbacks shoes. Not even his own in Indy too>
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    Heres how I see us going

3rd round- Best available offensive guard No great ideas maybe you guys can help me out
    4th round- Matt Spaeth TE University of Minnesota. He could possibly go 3rd for us instead of the guard
    5th-7th I don't care that much so I havent mock drafted that far yet. Only to 4th
    We need a RT more than a RG...Marcus Johnson is still a good option there...and maybe Ryan Cook will still turn out to be a decent RT with some more work.

Quinn doesn't really make any sense for us...we would be better off with Gaines Adams if he's still there...even though I want to trade up to get CJ.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurplePlain is offline Rookie

I would be all aglow if we took Gaines Adams!!!!! I am flushing at
    the thought..... 8)

My never ending chant....... No to Quinn.

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

Heres how I see us going

If Quinn is there and Adams is gone I think Quinn is fine.
    already posted on Davis, I think he will be an outstanding NFL player
    I think they go TE here - might be Spaeth
    i don't think the VIkes want to move Johnson to guard so I think OG here is a fair guess. Probably DE and safety later with the 5th and 6th. JMG

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

My gut has always been that we end up grabbing Laron Landry.
    He's probably going to be the BPA at 7 (combine certainly helped solidify his hype) and I look for the front office to go that route.
    I don't exactly agree with it but wouldn't be upset over it.

Griffin, Blue, Landry, and Winfield would be one physical secondary.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Heres how I see us going

Meacham in the second round is not likely he would have to be drafted with our first pick. He probably make it out of the top 15.

Quinn would be nice, i think Childress is eyeing him but at the same time you have to consider the personality differences between Quinn and Tavaris. Childress likes to be boss and Tavaris is a yes sir type QB with all the tools. I think Childress likes an Olineman or a WR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Take the BPA with the number 7 (Should be either of the 2 top tier DE's Adams or Anderson).

I could see Sidney Rice falling to us at 41 and then again taking a WR with 72 say someone like Higgens.

I know that sounds stupid but when you only have 2 WR's under contract and one of them is Bily McMullin you better do something to help the situation out.

Mike Jones at 102 would also be good.
    A bit of a tweener OT/OG but he has played in a zone blocking scheme at colledge and would be a good fit at OG.

136 is a good place to pick up a ILB.
    I kindof like Zack Deossie but bet he will be gone by then even though he is slated to go in the 5th/6th round.

No pick in the 6th round

Who knows, maybe a safety or a DT for development/depth.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

So are you going to have a post-combine mock draft too? If so, is it really going to change that much?

I mean you can't really judge talent at the combine without going to the actual thing.

I don't dabble in late round picks because its basically impossible to guess past pick 40 in the draft. Everybbody gets excited about mocks, then the draft talks and they are way too excited about the picks their team got to ever go back and see how wrong they were.

Position wise, QB (only if we take him early) WR, TE, DE, CB, LB in no particular order is what I'm thinking. I don't think any Viking fan would be terribly upset with that draft though. We get the QB we need, a WR to help, but also has a lot of pressure of his shoulders to come in and contribute immediately, and a Guard to hopefully challenge Hicks.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast