Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PacMan21 is offline Starter

My Pre-Combine Mock Draft. Thoughts please!!

We trade with the Carolina Panthers (who move up to select LaRon Landry). We pick up their 2nd round draft pick.

1st Round: Ted Ginn Jr., WR, OSU
    2nd Round: Greg Olsen, TE, Miami
    2nd Round: Michael Griffin, S, Texas
    3rd Round: Ryan Harris, T, Notre Dame
    4th Round: Jacoby Jones, WR, Lane (Divisin II)
    5th Round: Le’Ron McClain, FB, Alabama
    7th Round: Ramzee Robinson, CB, Alabama

I don't really care if we take Ginn or Jarrett. Ginn I think will help us on Special Teams as well on offense, but I think Jarrett will help out a bit more on offense than Ginn will (he's more of a polished WR than Ginn). Jacoby Jones is a great player. My cousin who lives near Jackson has seen him a few times and said that he's the real deal. He said that he didn't have the grades to go to a big college out of High School, and didn't want to transfer because he has such a good relationship with all of his teamates and coaches. He has a good frame About 210, 6 foot 4. I think he'll bulk up a bit when he's in the NFL, but I think he's got a great future.

Anways, let me know what you think!

Thanks for the sig PurplePeopleEaters

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: My Pre-Combine Mock Draft. Thoughts please!!

Not sure they would trade up for Landry as this draft has some pretty good Safeties in it.
    Below are the scouting reports on Landry and Nelson.
    Nelson should fall to them at 14.
    Again, not sure why they would go up to get Landry.

[quote][Landry is an excellent free safety prospect. He is long and lean, and can match up with any receiver down the field in coverage. He is a great cover safety, and his combination of height and athleticism allow him to make plays on the ball, as well as keeping his man from hauling in the pass. Landry is not just a cover guy though, as he will attack the line of scrimmage and stick his nose in on running plays. He has experience in college at all secondary spots, so he brings the added versatility of being able to shift around to create different mismatches.
    The main knock with Landry is the amount of bulk he carries on his frame. Although he has continued to add weight, he should add more weight to his frame. He may be too lean to match up physically with bigger receivers in the NFL over the course of the season.
    There’s not much to dislike about Landry. His talent, instincts, and experience make him an excellent prospect. He’s produced every year at LSU, and this year should be no different. He is a player that could definitely hear his name called in the first round.
    Reggie Nelson is an attacking safety with big time playmaking ability. He flies around the football field and is aggressive in every facet of the game. Nelson is tough and plays bigger than his wiry frame indicates. He delivers big hits and isn’t afraid to lend help in support. Nelson’s biggest impact comes with his ability to make plays on the football. He has a nose for the ball, and really goes after the ball when it is in the air. He is a great athlete and shows the speed to run plays down and keep up down the field in coverage.
    Nelson is an excellent safety prospect, and does not have too many flaws in his game. He is on the thin side for a safety, and will have to bulk up at the next level. His lack of strength and bulk will hurt him in the running game, and will cause problems as he matches up with bigger receivers in the league.
    There is a lot of safety talent at the top of the draft, and Nelson is arguably the best. If he declares, he will battle LaRon Landry and Michael Griffin for the right to be the first safety selected. He has a lot of talent and has a very bright future in the NFL.
    /quote]
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Anybody else have any thoughts?

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I think your order of positions is generally right. I'm not sure about the guys themselves. I have my doubts about Ginn in the first round. I just don't think he can be a #1 receiver in the NFL.

That said, I think we will go WR in the first or second round, TE somewhere in the middle, OL somewhere towards the middle as well and probably some secondary thrown in there as well. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Childress bring in a quarterback as a "developmental" kind of guy....I remember him saying he liked the old Green Bay model where you draft a guy mid-round and develop him, then trade him for draft picks.

The Pack did it with Mark Brunell and one or two other guys I think (can't remember who they are right now), but I remember Childress saying he wanted to do that.

jonnyb is offline Rookie

As boring as it is, I believe that the best thing for the Vikes to do is trade down a few spots and draft an O-Lineman. This would be great for the offense we are trying to implement. With an elite line we would be able to protect our Q and give him time to find our receivers. The run game would improve also.If we could get another 2nd for the trade down we could nab one, maybe two of the solid WRs that could be there. Our offense would be set.

jonnyb is offline Rookie

I think a playmaking TE would also be a good addition to our O.

"PacMan21" wrote:
    We trade with the Carolina Panthers (who move up to select LaRon Landry). We pick up their 2nd round draft pick.

1st Round: Ted Ginn Jr., WR, OSU
    2nd Round: Greg Olsen, TE, Miami
    2nd Round: Michael Griffin, S, Texas
    3rd Round: Ryan Harris, T, Notre Dame
    4th Round: Jacoby Jones, WR, Lane (Divisin II)
    5th Round: Le’Ron McClain, FB, Alabama
    7th Round: Ramzee Robinson, CB, Alabama

I don't really care if we take Ginn or Jarrett. Ginn I think will help us on Special Teams as well on offense, but I think Jarrett will help out a bit more on offense than Ginn will (he's more of a polished WR than Ginn). Jacoby Jones is a great player. My cousin who lives near Jackson has seen him a few times and said that he's the real deal. He said that he didn't have the grades to go to a big college out of High School, and didn't want to transfer because he has such a good relationship with all of his teamates and coaches. He has a good frame About 210, 6 foot 4. I think he'll bulk up a bit when he's in the NFL, but I think he's got a great future.

Anways, let me know what you think!
    I don't hate that. If we get Carr I would be quite pleased going into next season
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I hope if we do anything, we trade up in order to draft Calvin Johnson.. If we don't do that, then I hope we at least pick up a couple of good WR's either in FA, or trade..

I think we will go with O-Line before we go after a developmental QB.. Depends what happens in FA I guess.. We will need depth in the secondary with the likely departures of Fred Smoot, and Dwight Smith... We will need depth on the O-Line with the likely departure of Mike Rosenthal.. We will also need to do something if Kleinsasser, and Wiggins get cut at the TE position..

I wouldn't mind trading down a few spots and taking Levi Brown. But I don't think we should take him at #7 (as of right now). If his stock improves dramatically from the combine and if he looks unlikely to be there a few spots later, then I wouldn't mind taking him.

It's a stretch, but Joe Staley might be able to fall to us in the second round... if his stock doesn't improve at all. Staley would be a steal for us and would start day 1 (just like Brown).

I also feel the same way about Ryan Harris. He's a physical beast and will be a great Tackle in the NFL. He's just under 300 (last I saw), but he's very quick and very strong. He's a hometown kid, which might help him a bit more.

I think getting OL depth is a must, but the only thing I'm not too estatic about is how much money we've got into our OL where it's not our biggest need.

That's just my thought.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Its proven over and over again we need a WR in the draft...trade down ..grab CJ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast