Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 74
  1. #21
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: My Perfect offseason Moves..

    "Schutz" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    Hilarious.

    Almost none of these moves has a chance.
    A very good argument.
    I definitely see your point.
    He said we should trade away almost our whole draft. Having McNabb, Fitzgerald, and Jared Allen on the team would push us to cap hell really quickly.

    My arguement requires no further elaboration.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  2. #22
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,858

    Re: My Perfect offseason Moves..

    "happy" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    Hilarious.

    Almost none of these moves has a chance.
    A very good argument.
    I definitely see your point.
    He said we should trade away almost our whole draft. Having McNabb, Fitzgerald, and Jared Allen on the team would push us to cap hell really quickly.

    My arguement requires no further elaboration.
    I guess keeping T. Will for 7 mill a year won't get us there?
    :-\
    Can't I dream that my team would do something to atleast contend for a fricking title? Sit back and keep being satisfied that we keep signing the lowest of the lowest FA alsmost every year. Have fun?

  3. #23
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: My Perfect offseason Moves..

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I know that is a larger figure. However, He's probally going to want to re do his contract. For us, I don't know all of the figures behind the cap( i know the Cards have to pay what's guareentee). Still you haven't told me what you think about my moves.
    Why would Fitzgerald want to redo his contract?
    He's due $31 million over the next two years - there's no incentive for him to redo it.

    1.
    I don't believe McNabb will be traded - and he certainly won't be traded for anything less than a first-rounder.
    2.
    There's no way in hell Belichick would allow Dwight Smith on his team.
    3.
    Jared Allen will be franchised by KC.
    4.
    No need for Bernard Berrian on this roster.
    5.
    No need for another TE - Shank isn't going anywhere.
    6.
    I don't know enough about the FB you are mentioning to replace Tony Richardson to comment.
    7.
    I have outlined above my thoughts about the likelihood that Fitzgerald will be traded.
    1) Why can't we move him for 2 #2's?
    2)I said Eugene and I meant Adrian of the Cards....OOPS
    3) Possibly, possibly not. You're assuming he will.
    4) Why is there no need for BB? Our WR core isn't exactly amazing
    5) SHANK is has not shown to be a consistanct hreat. He drops too many passes and fumbles alot. Always has always will( all my friends are Giants fans)
    1.
    I haven't seen ANY expert ANYWHERE say that McNabb could be had for 2 2nd-round picks.
    It takes TWO teams to make a trade, remember.
    Just because you believe this is a possibility doesn't make it so.
    2.
    I don't see the Cardinals trading their best defensive player for a malcontent like Dwight Smith.
    3.
    Carl Peterson, the GM of the Chiefs said that they will franchise Allen.
    I listen to him over you, no offense.
    4.
    Sidney Rice is a star in the making, so who is Berrien going to supplant?
    Ferguson?
    5.
    The Vikings have too much money invested in Shank to drop him and take a huge cap hit.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #24
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,858

    Re: My Perfect offseason Moves..

    "Frostbite" wrote:
    No need for Bernard Berrian on this roster???? I don't understand this....He would be a great addition in my humble opinion.


    Cheers!
    I love you man. Perharps we are the only ones with the prize in our eyes.

  5. #25
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: My Perfect offseason Moves..

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I know that is a larger figure. However, He's probally going to want to re do his contract. For us, I don't know all of the figures behind the cap( i know the Cards have to pay what's guareentee). Still you haven't told me what you think about my moves.
    Why would Fitzgerald want to redo his contract?
    He's due $31 million over the next two years - there's no incentive for him to redo it.

    1.
    I don't believe McNabb will be traded - and he certainly won't be traded for anything less than a first-rounder.
    2.
    There's no way in hell Belichick would allow Dwight Smith on his team.
    3.
    Jared Allen will be franchised by KC.
    4.
    No need for Bernard Berrian on this roster.
    5.
    No need for another TE - Shank isn't going anywhere.
    6.
    I don't know enough about the FB you are mentioning to replace Tony Richardson to comment.
    7.
    I have outlined above my thoughts about the likelihood that Fitzgerald will be traded.

    =Z=
    1) Why can't we move him for 2 #2's?
    2)I said Eugene and I meant Adrian of the Cards....OOPS
    3) Possibly, possibly not. You're assuming he will.
    4) Why is there no need for BB? Our WR core isn't exactly amazing
    5) SHANK is has not shown to be a consistanct hreat. He drops too many passes and fumbles alot. Always has always will( all my friends are Giants fans)
    You are out of your mind if you think the Cardinals are trading their best defensive player for Dwight smith and a gol 'darnit draft pick. You are seriously going to be disappointed if you think any of this will truly happen. They would need AT LEAST our 1st and Smith, probably more. Not that anyone would really want Smith anyways...
    Their best defensive player is Dansby. However, Wilson is a beast. Smith a much better Safety than he gets credit for but you're probally talking about the pending drug alligations. The last couple of drafts should show us that vets are available dirt cheap.
    Dwight Smith is a big reason why the Vikings pass defense is so vulnerable.
    There's a reason the Vikings were able to sign him during training camp last season - because no one else wanted him.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #26
    Frostbite is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    966

    Re: My Perfect offseason Moves..

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I know that is a larger figure. However, He's probally going to want to re do his contract. For us, I don't know all of the figures behind the cap( i know the Cards have to pay what's guareentee). Still you haven't told me what you think about my moves.
    Why would Fitzgerald want to redo his contract?
    He's due $31 million over the next two years - there's no incentive for him to redo it.

    1.
    I don't believe McNabb will be traded - and he certainly won't be traded for anything less than a first-rounder.
    2.
    There's no way in hell Belichick would allow Dwight Smith on his team.
    3.
    Jared Allen will be franchised by KC.
    4.
    No need for Bernard Berrian on this roster.
    5.
    No need for another TE - Shank isn't going anywhere.
    6.
    I don't know enough about the FB you are mentioning to replace Tony Richardson to comment.
    7.
    I have outlined above my thoughts about the likelihood that Fitzgerald will be traded.
    1) Why can't we move him for 2 #2's?
    2)I said Eugene and I meant Adrian of the Cards....OOPS
    3) Possibly, possibly not. You're assuming he will.
    4) Why is there no need for BB? Our WR core isn't exactly amazing
    5) SHANK is has not shown to be a consistanct hreat. He drops too many passes and fumbles alot. Always has always will( all my friends are Giants fans)
    1.
    I haven't seen ANY expert ANYWHERE say that McNabb could be had for 2 2nd-round picks.
    It takes TWO teams to make a trade, remember.
    Just because you believe this is a possibility doesn't make it so.
    2.
    I don't see the Cardinals trading their best defensive player for a malcontent like Dwight Smith.
    3.
    Carl Peterson, the GM of the Chiefs said that they will franchise Allen.
    I listen to him over you, no offense.
    4.
    Sidney Rice is a star in the making, so who is Berrien going to supplant?
    Ferguson?
    5.
    The Vikings have too much money invested in Shank to drop him and take a huge cap hit.

    =Z=


    Zeus is correct here....This McNab stuff is wishful speculation at best. Nothing official anywhere I have seen.


    Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

  7. #27
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: My Perfect offseason Moves..

    Why would the Cardinals want Troy Williamson?

    If I were the Cardinals and someone offered me a first round pick for Fizgerald, I would laugh so hard in their face.

    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  8. #28
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: My Perfect offseason Moves..

    Thats your perfect offseason moves? HA thats crazy. Mine are simply trading for most of this years Patriots roster. Thow in Peyton Manning. We will let Brady and Manning fight over the starting job. And we could also bring in LT to replace Moore. We could also bring in others as well, but I am just to lazy to list them. We would have the potential to go undefeated


    If we do one of these I will be suprised. Possibly Berian. Possible one other. But then I remember all the guys we brought in for Childress's first year and that gives me a ray of hope.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  9. #29
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,858

    Re: My Perfect offseason Moves..

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I know that is a larger figure. However, He's probally going to want to re do his contract. For us, I don't know all of the figures behind the cap( i know the Cards have to pay what's guareentee). Still you haven't told me what you think about my moves.
    Why would Fitzgerald want to redo his contract?
    He's due $31 million over the next two years - there's no incentive for him to redo it.

    1.
    I don't believe McNabb will be traded - and he certainly won't be traded for anything less than a first-rounder.
    2.
    There's no way in hell Belichick would allow Dwight Smith on his team.
    3.
    Jared Allen will be franchised by KC.
    4.
    No need for Bernard Berrian on this roster.
    5.
    No need for another TE - Shank isn't going anywhere.
    6.
    I don't know enough about the FB you are mentioning to replace Tony Richardson to comment.
    7.
    I have outlined above my thoughts about the likelihood that Fitzgerald will be traded.
    1) Why can't we move him for 2 #2's?
    2)I said Eugene and I meant Adrian of the Cards....OOPS
    3) Possibly, possibly not. You're assuming he will.
    4) Why is there no need for BB? Our WR core isn't exactly amazing
    5) SHANK is has not shown to be a consistanct hreat. He drops too many passes and fumbles alot. Always has always will( all my friends are Giants fans)
    1.
    I haven't seen ANY expert ANYWHERE say that McNabb could be had for 2 2nd-round picks.
    It takes TWO teams to make a trade, remember.
    Just because you believe this is a possibility doesn't make it so.
    2.
    I don't see the Cardinals trading their best defensive player for a malcontent like Dwight Smith.
    3.
    Carl Peterson, the GM of the Chiefs said that they will franchise Allen.
    I listen to him over you, no offense.
    4.
    Sidney Rice is a star in the making, so who is Berrien going to supplant?
    Ferguson?
    5.
    The Vikings have too much money invested in Shank to drop him and take a huge cap hit.

    =Z=
    I figure that asking for a 1st rounder for mcnabb is suicide. There aren't alot of teams in need of a QB. Balti, Chi, 49ers and Us are the ones that come to mind. I believe that a 2nd rounder is too little. 2 2nds was my guess at what it would take to get Mcnabb.

    You kep listening to GMs and beliveing that their word is gold. He's not off the market until he gets the tender. Do you think that could possible to try to keep teams intrest in Mr. Allen down a bit?

    I guess you haven't heard just how malcontent Wilson is huh? He wants a new contract and he wants it now. Perharps we can pounce on this? Just a fans hopes!

    Berrian will suplant whoever he needs to. Unless you rather have Fergie than BB. If so, I will kindly ask you to put down the blunt and stop selling you stuff outside of the Vikings Practice Facility.

    Who said we shoul drop him? We run double tight often right? Aren't that Pats famous for having 3-4 starting caliber TEs and still using a LB to catch redzone TDs.

  10. #30
    Frostbite is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    966

    Re: My Perfect offseason Moves..

    "happy" wrote:
    Why would the Cardinals want Troy Williamson?

    If I were the Cardinals and someone offered me a first round pick for Fizgerald, I would laugh so hard in their face.


    Nice read Happycamper....I think we would have a much better chance of landing Brayant Johnson off the Arizona roster than Fitzgerald anyday!


    Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A look at key offseason NFL moves
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 08:24 AM
  2. 10-pack: The worst moves (and non-moves) of the NFL offseason
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 12:42 PM
  3. Offseason moves will pay off for Vikings
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 10:00 PM
  4. My Perfect Offseason....CHYEAH!
    By dcboardr41 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 09:36 AM
  5. MOVED: My Perfect offseason Moves..
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 09:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •