Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

My Perfect Offseason....CHYEAH!

Here are my thoughts on what i would like the vikings organization to do.

Our Own FAs
    **Re-sign T-Rich, he is still a good FB and can still play for a couple more years
    **Re-Sign Doss, maybe if he can stay healthy he can start next year.
    **Re-Sign D-Thomas, he is gonna test the market, but i would love to keep him, he is a solid guy to backup all three LB positions.
    **Re-Sign Tank Williams, he is a solid backup but he might want to test the market to see if he can start somewhere else, if he leave we will most likely get a SS in the draft probably on the 2nd day.

Trade
    **Trade T-will, he like a 2nd day pick to get more depth on the o-line or dt.

Other FAs
    **Sign Bernard Berrian, our WR core would be so much better and would take the safety out of the box for AP. He also would give Rice a running mate and give TJack a go to guy.If we do not get him and the Bears re-sign him, we will most likely take a hard look at Jerry Porter, lets just hope his attitude changes if he comes here.
    **Sign either Todd Collins or Billy Volek, they are both solid FA backups and could help out TJack with watching tape and learning how to read the defenses that he is up against.

Draft
    **1st Rd.-A lot of people are talking about us gettin Kenny Phillips, but i doubt he will be there at this pick, and by signing Doss he can start and we can draft a FS later. So at this pick we ahould take Derrick Harvey. he is a big pass rusher who can get to the QB. By getting him that will help out our poor pass D which will be alot better with him.
    **2nd round.- We could go two differen ways here, i could see us going either TE or FS. TE cause Shank didnt do much, but in the draft we could look for a TE with hand and who can block, and his name name is John Carlson from ND. If we dont go that way we can go FS since Doss could be starting but he has had some injury problems, and that man is Dejuan Morgan from NC state.
    **3rd round-We have two picks in the 3rd round, since i have us letting go of Ferg we can draft a young WR like Lavelle Hawkins from Cal or James Hardy from Indiana. Our offense would be so much better by doing this, out WR core would be Berrian, Rice, Wade, Hawkins/Hardy and Allison, Tjack would have to excuses then to suck. And with our 2nd wrd round pick, which ever we dont go after in the 2nd round we go after with that pick, either TE or FS.
    **Rest of the draft- With the rest of our draft we can just add depth to positions that we are getting old at, like DT, OT, C, LB, or QB.

Comments are appreciated, thanks guys.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: My Perfect Offseason....CHYEAH!

Our Own FAs
    **Re-sign T-Rich, he is still a good FB and can still play for a couple more years
    **Re-Sign D-Thomas, he is gonna test the market, but i would love to keep him, he is a solid guy to backup all three LB positions.
    **Re-Sign Tank Williams, he is a solid backup but he might want to test the market to see if he can start somewhere else, if he leave we will most likely get a SS in the draft probably on the 2nd day.
    I would love to see the T-rich come back and now that we have found some Z dollars maybe that can happen, but that would mean that there is no roster spot for a drafted FB or Mills on the roster.
    I bet the staff opts to fill his roster spot with Mills.

Doss and Tank will get decent offers from several teams.
    We might see one of them stay but would be suprised if both did.

DT
    is gone as well.
    If you doubt that look at Zach Thomas and Dallas.
    He suffers from Migranes and can't stay on the field and he still got several offers from teams that are in need of LB's.

A guy that can play all positions such as DT will get some pretty good offers.

Trade
    I agree that he is gone for a 2nd day pick.

Other FAs
    **Sign Bernard Berrian, our WR core would be so much better and would take the safety out of the box for AP. He also would give Rice a running mate and give TJack a go to guy.If we do not get him and the Bears re-sign him, we will most likely take a hard look at Jerry Porter, lets just hope his attitude changes if he comes here.
    **Sign either Todd Collins or Billy Volek, they are both solid FA backups and could help out TJack with watching tape and learning how to read the defenses that he is up against.
    I am alright with either Voleck and Berrian but would settle for Collins and Hackett as well.

Draft
    **1st Rd.-A lot of people are talking about us gettin Kenny Phillips, but i doubt he will be there at this pick, and by signing Doss he can start and we can draft a FS later. So at this pick we ahould take Derrick Harvey. he is a big pass rusher who can get to the QB. By getting him that will help out our poor pass D which will be alot better with him.
    Some people are talking about safety and there are only 3 good ones that can come in and give immediate impact/reps.

If Phillips isn't there then you draft one of the other two as there aren't any worth taking after him especially if your plan fails and both of our FA S leave.
    Gonna need another starter from someplace.

**2nd round.- We could go two differen ways here, i could see us going either TE or FS. TE cause Shank didnt do much, but in the draft we could look for a TE with hand and who can block, and his name name is John Carlson from ND. If we dont go that way we can go FS since Doss could be starting but he has had some injury problems, and that man is Dejuan Morgan from NC state.
    Again, don't waste a pick on a S here as there are currently none here of value.
    In fact most value boards only have 1 guy slotted in the second round.

Why draft a TE when there isn't a roster spot for a guy.
    Again, it all comes down to being wise with draft picks.
    Simply crazy to take a guy that won't have a chance to make the roster unless you want them to drop players like Sauce as he is the only candidate at TE that can go.

I take a DE here instead of the first round as this draft has DE's that will provide teams significant reps all the way into the 3rd round.

**3rd round-We have two picks in the 3rd round, since i have us letting go of Ferg we can draft a young WR like Lavelle Hawkins from Cal or James Hardy from Indiana. Our offense would be so much better by doing this, out WR core would be Berrian, Rice, Wade, Hawkins/Hardy and Allison, Tjack would have to excuses then to suck. And with our 2nd wrd round pick, which ever we dont go after in the 2nd round we go after with that pick, either TE or FS.
    I like the fact that you at least nominate someone to vacate the roster position.
    I for one think they will resign Ferg and go with Berrian/Hackett, Ferg, B-wade, Rice and Allison.

Only way another WR makes the roster is if they axe a TE and that shoots your TE draft pick to pieces.

I think they go DT here.
    Phat Pat isn't getting any younger, Spencer Johnson isn't a true 3 gap kindof guy and is way to light to play DT in this league. I think they find a future replacement for Phat Pat and add a guy who can collapse the pocket this year.

**Rest of the draft- With the rest of our draft we can just add depth to positions that we are getting old at, like DT, OT, C, LB, or QB.
    No to the Center.
    Everyone forgets about Dan Mozes(Moses).
    He will be healthy again next year.

No to the OT.
    Our tackles are set for next year and we have a young guy (Chase Johnson) already on the roster who has experience with the complex ZB scheme.

Like LB and QB but would add a RB on the second day to replace Memo (primary) and learn the system in case CT gets an attitude and leaves after next year.

Other than that, I like it.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Justin Smith should be a top priority, especailly since Udeze is gonna be fighting his sickness all year and Ray Edwards was using steriods. Udeze is important to our run stuffing success and i think Smith could be an impact at both rushing the passer and providing that run stuffing ability.

Playing with our defense i think Smith can get double digit sacks. At 27 he should be in his prime, he's cosistent and stays healthy.

Bernard Berriman may very well be our top priority and probably should, we need a deep threat who can CATCH ours QB's passes.

I put faith into our scouting department we have done very well with drafting as of late. I just hope we do enough in the FA period to allow us to get the best players available.

Looks alright

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

its saddening, but likely that DT will be gone i definatly like him, i'll like watching him if he starts somewhere tho

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

Looks pretty good.
    I was kinda expecting one of the crazy ideas that has us trading for Mcnabb, Chad Johnson, Marion Barber, Allen...giving us a pro bowl team.

I really like the idea of signing a vet. QB.
    Many people think we should trade for a star (ala McNabb), but I think Jackson showed enough to remain the starter.
    That said, I think signing a backup that can come in and not lose us games should be a priority.
    Jackson has been a little prone to injury so having a backup that can come in a win a game or two may be the difference of us getting into the playoffs.
    I don't know if Todd Collins is the answer, though.
    It seemed to be that he played well because he knew the system so well and not because he is a great qb.
    Perhaps someone like Billy Voleck, or Trent Green (if he can play) would be better options.
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Very good

I agree with you bro

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Just say no...
    When will we learn that we can't keep stocking our Offense with late day draft picks and expecting it to keep running. There are a lot of solid players at wr that will be better than BB or Hatchett in appx 2 years.

Sweed, Bowman and Kelly come to mind.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Our Own FAs
    I would love to see the T-rich come back and now that we have found some Z dollars maybe that can happen, but that would mean that there is no roster spot for a drafted FB or Mills on the roster.
    I bet the staff opts to fill his roster spot with Mills.

Doss and Tank will get decent offers from several teams.
    We might see one of them stay but would be suprised if both did.

DT
    is gone as well.
    If you doubt that look at Zach Thomas and Dallas.
    He suffers from Migranes and can't stay on the field and he still got several offers from teams that are in need of LB's.

A guy that can play all positions such as DT will get some pretty good offers.

Trade
    I agree that he is gone for a 2nd day pick.

Other FAs
    I am alright with either Voleck and Berrian but would settle for Collins and Hackett as well.

Draft
    Some people are talking about safety and there are only 3 good ones that can come in and give immediate impact/reps.

If Phillips isn't there then you draft one of the other two as there aren't any worth taking after him especially if your plan fails and both of our FA S leave.
    Gonna need another starter from someplace.

Again, don't waste a pick on a S here as there are currently none here of value.
    In fact most value boards only have 1 guy slotted in the second round.

Why draft a TE when there isn't a roster spot for a guy.
    Again, it all comes down to being wise with draft picks.
    Simply crazy to take a guy that won't have a chance to make the roster unless you want them to drop players like Sauce as he is the only candidate at TE that can go.

I take a DE here instead of the first round as this draft has DE's that will provide teams significant reps all the way into the 3rd round.

I like the fact that you at least nominate someone to vacate the roster position.
    I for one think they will resign Ferg and go with Berrian/Hackett, Ferg, B-wade, Rice and Allison.

Only way another WR makes the roster is if they axe a TE and that shoots your TE draft pick to pieces.

I think they go DT here.
    Phat Pat isn't getting any younger, Spencer Johnson isn't a true 3 gap kindof guy and is way to light to play DT in this league. I think they find a future replacement for Phat Pat and add a guy who can collapse the pocket this year.

No to the Center.
    Everyone forgets about Dan Mozes(Moses).
    He will be healthy again next year.

No to the OT.
    Our tackles are set for next year and we have a young guy (Chase Johnson) already on the roster who has experience with the complex ZB scheme.

Like LB and QB but would add a RB on the second day to replace Memo (primary) and learn the system in case CT gets an attitude and leaves after next year.

Other than that, I like it.
    ;D
    Doss and BB Gun Johnson(thank God)
    have seen the last if their Viking playing days.

As far as a QB that will/may be available that not alot of people are not talking about is Steve McNair. If there is one QB on the NFL that would make a very good Mentor for TJack if that is the plan is him. There are alot of simularities between the 2.

Nebvikefan is offline Rookie

I like the idea of resigning T-Rich and Tank Williams.
    Chilly announced that he is going to let Doss go.
    I hate to see DT leave too but i think he will be signed somewhere else.
    I would love to see Vilma in purple but i don't see us doing that since we have serviceable LB's.
    I think the FA signing priorities should be Justin Smith and Berrian.
    Also is Flozell Adams an FA?
    I think he would be huge on the right side and make the OL unstoppable.
    I would draft Phillips as the number 17th pick because the depth at safety in the draft is horrible.
    The 2nd rounder should be a WR like Bowman or Hardy.
    If we get Justin Smith, DE won't be such a need but i wouldn't mind a DE in the 2nd round either.
    The 3rd round definitely a WR, DE, or DT with the two picks.
    "If you need two yards, I'll get you three.
    If you need five yards, I'll get you three.
    "-Leroy Hoard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast