Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 218
  1. #1
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    My Offseason Dream 2009

    my offseason dream:

    Mooch as HC
    Billick as OC
    someone new at ST
    Coach Ditka in the box with Coach Billick's ice cold Coors Lights he's saving for after the game
    Boldin
    McNabb
    Tauscher

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    My Offseason Dream 2009

    "marstc09" wrote:
    I didn't know where to put this so I picked this thread. I was a huge supporter of bringing in another CB last season. In fact Asante Samuel was my main target. It is almost ironic that he pretty much ended our season. Maybe people will listen to me this offseason about needing a great CB opposite Winfield. I know Zeus feels we don't need an upgrade.
    Your being serious aren't you........

    Why get rid of Griff as the starter opposite Whinny?
    He just keeps improving with a huge step up in play this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    My Offseason Dream 2009

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I didn't know where to put this so I picked this thread. I was a huge supporter of bringing in another CB last season. In fact Asante Samuel was my main target. It is almost ironic that he pretty much ended our season. Maybe people will listen to me this offseason about needing a great CB opposite Winfield. I know Zeus feels we don't need an upgrade.
    Your being serious aren't you........

    Why get rid of Griff as the starter opposite Whinny?
    He just keeps improving with a huge step up in play this year.
    I agree, however, I wouldn't be opposed to getting a good young corner, who can start instead of griffin, then when Winfield hangs it up, Griffin can take over as starter again.
    Not sure he'd go for that though, considering his contracts coming up next year

  4. #4
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,849

    My Offseason Dream 2009

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:


    Mine starts with Jared Allen at DE...he will be expensive, but most likely worth it.
    Lets say he gets a large bonus up front with a more reasonable salary that is boosted by easily earned incentives.
    5 years, 20 mill bonus, 2.5 mill/year plus 100,000 for each sack, and 10,000 for each tackle behind the LOS.
    Total package between 35 and 45 mill?
    around 8 mill/year total?
    that is the most important one..this team cannot afford to miss out on him..anything he asks for, he should get from us
    Behold of the upcoming franchise tag
    And yet we will still see post later on this year about how the Chiller should be fired because he didn't somehow find a way to circumvent that obvious move by the KC Chiefs.
    Sometimes this place really does crack me up.
    Marr.
    Spoke to soon!

  5. #5
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    My Offseason Dream 2009

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    my offseason dream:

    Mooch as HC
    Billick as OC
    someone new at ST
    Coach Ditka in the box with Coach Billick's ice cold Coors Lights he's saving for after the game
    Boldin
    McNabb
    Tauscher
    Looks like someone is on board Marrdro.
    ;D

  6. #6
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    My Offseason Dream 2009

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I didn't know where to put this so I picked this thread. I was a huge supporter of bringing in another CB last season. In fact Asante Samuel was my main target. It is almost ironic that he pretty much ended our season. Maybe people will listen to me this offseason about needing a great CB opposite Winfield. I know Zeus feels we don't need an upgrade.
    Your being serious aren't you........

    Why get rid of Griff as the starter opposite Whinny?
    He just keeps improving with a huge step up in play this year.
    As serious as you are about moving Gross to center.


    Griffin would be solid in the nickel. We need a shutdown corner. With a guy like Dunta or Nnamdi, this D would be feared.

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    My Offseason Dream 2009

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    my offseason dream:

    Mooch as HC
    Billick as OC
    someone new at ST
    Coach Ditka in the box with Coach Billick's ice cold Coors Lights he's saving for after the game
    Boldin
    McNabb
    Tauscher
    Looks like someone is on board Marrdro.
    ;D
    LOL.
    Saw that.
    Was hopin you wouldn't my friend.......

    My Offseason Dream......(In ascending order)

    a.
    Another S that can play Cover 2 scheme with M-will and STJ.
    b.
    Depth at LB.
    Someone who can play ILB and OLB.
    c.
    A Kicker that can punt and KO so Shortwell can just focus on FG/PAT's
    d.
    A new Center
    e.
    A new ST's coach.
    f.
    Leslie gets hired by another team to be thier HC.
    The Chiller coaching tree grows and we get a new D-cord that can get a bit more out of this crew, and I'm not talking penalties.
    We have enough of those.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    My Offseason Dream 2009

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    my offseason dream:

    Mooch as HC
    Billick as OC
    someone new at ST
    Coach Ditka in the box with Coach Billick's ice cold Coors Lights he's saving for after the game
    Boldin
    McNabb
    Tauscher
    Looks like someone is on board Marrdro.
    ;D
    LOL.

    Saw that.
    Was hopin you wouldn't my friend.......

    My Offseason Dream......(In ascending order)

    a.
    Another S that can play Cover 2 scheme with M-will and STJ.
    b.
    Depth at LB.
    Someone who can play ILB and OLB.
    c.
    A Kicker that can punt and KO so Shortwell can just focus on FG/PAT's
    d.
    A new Center
    e.
    A new ST's coach.
    f.
    Leslie gets hired by another team to be thier HC.
    The Chiller coaching tree grows and we get a new D-cord that can get a bit more out of this crew, and I'm not talking penalties.
    We have enough of those.
    What is wrong with Sullivan?

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    My Offseason Dream 2009

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    my offseason dream:

    Mooch as HC
    Billick as OC
    someone new at ST
    Coach Ditka in the box with Coach Billick's ice cold Coors Lights he's saving for after the game
    Boldin
    McNabb
    Tauscher
    Looks like someone is on board Marrdro.
    ;D
    LOL.

    Saw that.
    Was hopin you wouldn't My Sexy Little Pixie.......

    My Offseason Dream......(In ascending order)

    a.
    Another S that can play Cover 2 scheme with M-will and STJ.
    b.
    Depth at LB.
    Someone who can play ILB and OLB.
    c.
    A Kicker that can punt and KO so Shortwell can just focus on FG/PAT's
    d.
    A new Center
    e.
    A new ST's coach.
    f.
    Leslie gets hired by another team to be thier HC.
    The Chiller coaching tree grows and we get a new D-cord that can get a bit more out of this crew, and I'm not talking penalties.
    We have enough of those.
    What is wrong with Sullivan?
    Wouldn't he be new?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    Big C is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    828

    My Offseason Dream 2009

    My offseason dream in order of preference:
    1. Free agent QB under 34 to start 2009 season (Cassell, McNabb, Palmer, Anderson, etc).
    2. A real FB. Tahi sucks and I believe Tapeh is gone.
    3. Frazier staying with us for 1 more year. We were the #6 overall defense this year despite the rash of injuries. One more year with Frazier running it and grooming someone internal for 2010 season.
    4. If Frazier leaves, lure Nolan in for DC from under GB's feet.
    5. New ST coach.
    6. New WR coach. NONE of the WRs can get separation. Thats suspicious.
    7. Draft RT to compete with Cook.
    8. Draft run-stuffing DT to compete for backup of Pat.
    9. New OC but chances of that happening are minimal.

    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MOVED: My Offseason Dream 2009
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 04:05 PM
  2. My Offseason Dream
    By marstc09 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 06:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •