Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

My ideas for free agency this season.

You can look on this site here and it will show all of the free agents for each position.

http://www.theredzone.org/2006/freeagents/index.asp

My thoughts are (Not counting draft picks) :

*Sign Drew Brees. He's a free agent and our current QB (Culpepper) doesn't want to come back. Brees is the only decent FA we could get though.

*Re-sign Shaun Hill, or maybe sign Kurt Warner or Vinny as a back up, if the price is right.

*DO NOT re-sign Moe or Bennett. Instead pick up Ahman Green, Antowain Smith, Anthony Thomas, Shaun Alexander, DeShaun Foster, Edgerrin James, or Jamal Lewis. Or even get two of the above.

*Re-sign Koren, release Burleson and also try to get at least one of these guys : David Boston, Antwaan Randle El, Brandon Lloyd, or even Peerless Price and Peter Warrick.

*For tight ends just try and get Teyo Johnson, or somebody younger and faster to compliment Wiggins.

*For tackles get L.J. Shelton or Jon Runyan.

*Guards, re-sign Fonoti, and try to get Terrence Metcalf.

*Get Mike Vanderjagt or Adam Vinatieri, let Edinger go if you can land one of them.

*Were swt for punting with Kluwe.

*Don't resign Johnstone and try to get John Abraham, use Erasmus when he gets tired.

*We are so set at DT that it isn't even funny, Mosely rules.

*Re-sign Brian Williams, let Ralph Brown go, and get a decent back up corner such as R.W. McQuarters. Or trade Smoot for some draft picks and get Nate Clements or Charles Woodson.

*Dont re-sign Chavous and go for Adam Archuleta, Keion Carpenter, or Tank Williams.

*Dont re-sign Newman, Smith or Cowart. Try and get Andra Davis, Ben Leber, Cato June, Julian Peterson, Nate Webster, Wali Rainer, or Will Witherspoon.

I know the salary cap may affect some of my decisions, but I think that the above ideas are somewhat possible.

Post your own FA signings you would make.

Del Rio Guest

Re: My ideas for free agency this season.

I think your ideas are very unrealistic.

You would be lucky to get ONE of those big names.

Other then that

-I think we should sign Johnstone and let him finish his carrer a Vike, then hire the guy as a D line coach he is amazing.

-Brian Williams will not come back.

-We are set at end no need for Abraham.

-No need for another TE via free agency.

Just my 2c, thanks for posting your ideas! :grin:

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I disagree with most of what you have said.

- RB's - I kinda agree with you here, but only Edge, Shaun, Lewis, and Foster are worth looking at. The others are no better than the people we've already got.

- kicker - Most of you probably know how I feel about the kicker - get Vanderjagt if you can.

- Brian Williams isn't coming back. Smoot isn't going anywhere.

- I really do agree with you at LB, I would love to get Peterson or Witherspoon (specially Witherspoon - he'd fit the Cover 2 perfectly IMO)

Most of the other things you have are pretty unrealistic. We aren't going to cut Burleson, considering he's still young and has a 1000 yd season on his resume. I really dont' belive we're going to trade Daunte, but that's another argument. John Abraham is not coming to the Vikings. Period. We're got lots of young talent there - James, Udeze, Scott, and Abraham would come with a huge price tag that he would not live up to.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

DeShaun Foster (broken leg) and Drew Brees are both injured.

Foster has been unlucky, 2 years 2 injuries.

Brees is more of a question mark than Daunte. He is in the same position that Pennington is with a shoulder injury. You don't know if they will be able to throw(which is what they get paid to do) the ball. San Diego is stuck with him???

I don't think Moe is coming back. He was injured also and he may not be able to make it back at the same level. He seemed to be declining that last few years the way it was.

I like some of the pricey FA you want to sign, but just because we have money doesn't mean we go out and spend it all. Plus, if we bring in too many new faces, we are right back where we were at the beginning of this last season, trying to gel.

Gift is offline Coordinator

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    - Brian Williams isn't coming back. Smoot isn't going anywhere.
    this truth makes me :sad:
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

you may be the only one on this sight that wants shaun hill back... and besides that thats pretty much impossible to get all of that
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Right on.

No I didn't think it was 100% possible, but I have heard that Zigi said he will "pay whatever it takes."

I like Moore as much as the next guy, but I know we need at least one other quality runner other then Fason.

A point was brought up with Johnstone being kept and hired as a D-line coach, I love that idea when its put that way.

Who knows what will happen though, with the draft and with all the supposed "big trades" to come, we could end up some pretty big names.

But the biggest name I'm worried about starts with a B and ends with a rad Childress. If he performs bad it doesn't matter if we have Bobby Boucher, were in trouble...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"baumy300" wrote:
    Right on.

No I didn't think it was 100% possible, but I have heard that Zigi said he will "pay whatever it takes."
    thats true zigi said that he will pay whatever it takes, but they have to stay within the cap, and signing all those big name guys would put us waaaaaaayyyy over. if we did that we'd easilly be the best team in the NFL, you could have some random off the street coaching and we'd still probably make the playoffs.

I would be happy with adding witherspsoon at LB, Huchinson at G and mabye a SS

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I agree and disagree with you.

1. We will not trade Culpepper just to pick up Drew Brees, and as far as signing Warner or Testaverde to be a backup, that is impossible as well seeing as though we still have Brad Johnson.

2. I will agree that picking up Witherspoon or Peterson will benefit us big time.

3. Vanderjagt or Vinateri would be a huge upgrade a K, IMO.

4. I would love to resign B-Will, I say let Chavous walk and stick B-Will at SS. He could pull this off with ease..

5. I believe we are set at TE. With Wiggs, and Kleinsasser, we can't go wrong.. Plus we have some young TE's waiting for their shot.

6. We will no doubt resign K-Rob, as far as releasing Burleson, I don't think that will happen. I could see Burleson falling to #3 on the WR list, but I believe unless we trade T-Will, we let him shine on the other side of K-Rob.

7. As far as Tackles go, we would like to sign either Runyan, or Shelton. That would be awesome especially with Birk coming back.. and at G, Hutchinson.....

8. Moe Williams will most likely retire, Bennett will leave as a FA. We need to do something at that position. We need a RB that has proven himself, Moore has been hurt every year since coming here, we need a back like James, Lewis, Alexander. SA, will be pretty expensive so I would rather have James. Fason will take over short yardage, and goal line duties that Moe did for us.. Best situation, have James come in have Moore as his backup, and have Fason for tough yard situations..

9. P, we are set with Kluwe. He is a phenom!!

This of course is MO, and I value everyone's opinion here at PPO..

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"baumy300" wrote:
    But the biggest name I'm worried about starts with a B and ends with a rad Childress. If he performs bad it doesn't matter if we have Bobby Boucher, were in trouble...
    Wow, that's one person I am definately not worried about. If he performs well we can all celebrate during the playoffs. If he performs badly, we are in no worse shape than we have been...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast