Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    94

    My ideal draft (the first 3 rounds)

    This will never happen, and it involves a trade, but I believe it could be pulled off.
    We trade the 22nd pick to the Giants in exchange for the 29th and 91st pick.
    The trade is almost even points wise, and the Giants may look to move up if the right receiver is available.

    This draft is entirely meant to build around Peterson.


    Round 1, pick 29:

    C Alex Mack

    Ht:
    6-4
    Wt: 312

    He's widely regarded as the best center in this draft and has been compared to Birk in his prime.
    He won the Draddy Trophy as a senior (academic Heisman), and he's a proven leader.


    Round 2, pick 54:

    OT Phil Loadholt

    Ht:
    6-8
    Wt:
    348

    Huge run-blocker that projects as a RT.
    He'll struggle with speed rushers, but then, I'm building around AD, not Tjack (or Sage).

    Round 3, pick 86:

    OG Hermann Johnson

    Ht: 6-7 Wt:
    382

    This is a stretch, but I think he may fall this far due to weight concerns.
    He's weighed anywhere from 350 to over 400 pounds.
    If he can keep his weight in check, he's an absolute monster.
    Paired with Loadholt, the right side of our line would absolutely maul opposing defenses.

    Round 3, pick 91:

    FB Tony Fiammetta

    Ht:
    6-0 Wt:
    245

    Best fullback in the draft.
    He runs a 4.6 40 and can do everything a west coast FB is supposed to do (run, catch, turn up field, etc...), and he does them exceedingly well, but most importantly, he's an exceptional lead-blocker.

    After those 4 picks, we'd have the best run blocking o-line in the league for several years to come, and AD would end up going down as the greatest running back of all time.
    Who needs a QB?
    I can dream, can't I?


  2. #2
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: My ideal draft (the first 3 rounds)

    "Anemic" wrote:
    This will never happen, and it involves a trade, but I believe it could be pulled off.
    We trade the 22nd pick to the Giants in exchange for the 29th and 91st pick.
    The trade is almost even points wise, and the Giants may look to move up if the right receiver is available.

    This draft is entirely meant to build around Peterson.


    Round 1, pick 29:

    C Alex Mack

    Ht:
    6-4
    Wt: 312

    He's widely regarded as the best center in this draft and has been compared to Birk in his prime.
    He won the Draddy Trophy as a senior (academic Heisman), and he's a proven leader.


    Round 2, pick 54:

    OT Phil Loadholt

    Ht:
    6-8
    Wt:
    348

    Huge run-blocker that projects as a RT.
    He'll struggle with speed rushers, but then, I'm building around AD, not Tjack (or Sage).

    Round 3, pick 86:

    OG Hermann Johnson

    Ht: 6-7 Wt:
    382

    This is a stretch, but I think he may fall this far due to weight concerns.
    He's weighed anywhere from 350 to over 400 pounds.
    If he can keep his weight in check, he's an absolute monster.
    Paired with Loadholt, the right side of our line would absolutely maul opposing defenses.

    Round 3, pick 91:

    FB Tony Fiammetta

    Ht:
    6-0 Wt:
    245

    Best fullback in the draft.
    He runs a 4.6 40 and can do everything a west coast FB is supposed to do (run, catch, turn up field, etc...), and he does them exceedingly well, but most importantly, he's an exceptional lead-blocker.

    After those 4 picks, we'd have the best run blocking o-line in the league for several years to come, and AD would end up going down as the greatest running back of all time.
    Who needs a QB?

    I can dream, can't I?

    then we'd be no different than the 1990's lions.

  3. #3
    Vikingbob69 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4

    Re: My ideal draft (the first 3 rounds)

    I'd like to see Percy Havin in the first round, other then that those 2nd and 3rd round picks would be awesome

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    94

    Re: My ideal draft (the first 3 rounds)

    I think there's a better chance of Sydney Rice stepping it up in his 3rd year then we'd have for a rookie WR to step in and contribute right away.
    But, if we do get a receiver, I like Robiske in the second round.
    I'd give a look at Ramses Barden as well, but big receivers like him have a recent history of being busts (i.e. Mike Williams and James Hardy).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    94

    Re: My ideal draft (the first 3 rounds)

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    then we'd be no different than the 1990's lions.
    I'm not saying we won't get a QB ever.
    I just don't see that happening this year.
    I say we build a solid foundation around our best player and work from there.

  6. #6
    thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    694

    Re: My ideal draft (the first 3 rounds)

    wouldn't be a terrible draft i suppose. I don't think we need to use all 3 first picks on our OL. maybe use one to get a WR (Nicks/Britt/Iglesias/Robiskie) or maybe add depth to our secondary (CB)

    thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

    and yes... that just happened!

  7. #7
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: My ideal draft (the first 3 rounds)

    If you're building around AD, why draft a Tackle ?

    Cook can block for the run, not the pass, so why waste the pick?
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  8. #8
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: My ideal draft (the first 3 rounds)

    I am really not feeling a Center in the 1st at all. I think we should go WR or CB. Plus we will not draft a FB now that we resigned Tahi.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    94

    Re: My ideal draft (the first 3 rounds)

    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    If you're building around AD, why draft a Tackle ?

    Cook can block for the run, not the pass, so why waste the pick?
    I don't consider cook a very good run blocker.
    Loadholt will move piles.
    He's the best run blocking tackle in the draft, and he'll still be a huge upgrade over cook in the passing game even if he does have trouble with speed guys.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    94

    Re: My ideal draft (the first 3 rounds)

    "marstc09" wrote:
    I am really not feeling a Center in the 1st at all. I think we should go WR or CB. Plus we will not draft a FB now that we resigned Tahi.
    Tahi can still be cut.
    It'd be nice to have a fullback that was, you know, useful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The later rounds - 2011 draft
    By skum in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 01:25 PM
  2. 2010 Draft: The Ideal Quarterback For The Vikings
    By HEY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 04-24-2010, 08:26 AM
  3. V's Ideal Draft
    By V-Unit in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 04:56 PM
  4. 2008 NFL Mock Draft - 4 Rounds
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 02:31 AM
  5. My Mock Draft ( 1st two rounds)
    By dcboardr41 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 07:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •