Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: My first 1st Round mock draft

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    CajunVike, I will be looking for you when you are on line because you are one of the only fan on here who agrees that we should trade up to get C.J.
    You already said before that C.J. is a CAN'T MISS PRO.
    If that is the case, and your BIGGEST NEED is WR, then it makes the MOST sense to trade up.
    It is almost like noone wants to be in the top 5-6 spots they are in.
    So, let's move up and get the spots they are in.
    this guy has all of the intangibles, but best of all, he is a stand up guy with great character and work ethic.
    This is a taylor made player for Brad.
    He had better stop playing around and get C.J.
    Next year is going to be WR rich draft too.
    Horray for us!!
    Wow - you're delusional, dude.

    Every single fan on this board wishes the Vikings could land Calvin Johnson.
    He certainly seems to be, most scouts agree, a really good pro prospect.
    But to trade up, you've got to have something to offer which others want.

    Rick Spielman can't just call up the Raiders and say, "Hey, Al - my delusional fan base wants me to trade up so here's our #7 for your #1, we'll toss in our 2nd & 3rd-rounders plus a case of lutefisk and you have no choice but to make the deal."

    You're babbling about trading up as it it were automatic - something which happens by making a wish and clicking your rubied slippers.

    Reality is much more cold, so I can see why you like the warm, comfortable embrace of your blanket of confusion, but the Vikings can't just conjure up a "TRADE UP!" out of their dimply buttocks and make it work.

    I think that most posters realize this and that's why they're not gleefully producing scenarios which involve the Vikings having the perfect draft while all other NFL teams make bonehead mistake after bonehead mistake.

    =Z=
    First the drafts looks pretty good, but I agree with most that Cj is gone, also no way Quinn falls to GB at #16, though I'm sure they would take him there in a heartbeat.
    Second, Zeus is right
    , a trade up is hard to get done, and for us to trade up to even Cleveland to make this work we would have to give up either all our remaining picks or a combination of our 1st, second (this year or next) and two 3rds (either players worth a third our third or a third this year and next.) Does RIckey Williams trade up mean anything?
    Just put this in another thread, however the draft value chart http://football.calsci.com/DraftPC4.html shows the following:

    Cleveland #3 = 2200

    Minnesota #7 (1500) + #41 (490) + 2008 3rd Round Pick (190) = 2180.

    Seems like a doable do for a player that is as highly touted as CJ.
    or, god forbid, they stay in their same position and grab a lesser known that performs better in his professional debut (i.e., Moss).
    I can't believe I brought his name up, now the sniffers will be here in full force.
    Ban me.
    Can't believe you did that.
    MOSS, shame on you.
    ;D

    Bout as bad as me throwing a "Trade Up" scenario out there when I am a advocat of trading down...... .
    Shame on me
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: My first 1st Round mock draft

    Childress and co. will have a predetermined amount that they are willing to spend on trading up to get CJ.
    And every pick that he is available, expect them to make a phone call, just like they did last year trying to move up to grab one of the top QBs.
    However... The odds are that whatever team is on the clock will want more than we are willing to offer.

    We have a lot of holes that must be addressed, either through FA, trades, or the draft.
    FA is looking slim, so we will be left with draft picks and trades (which will probably involve draft picks).
    We simply can't afford to put together a huge package of picks to move up because we won't have anything left to address out other needs.

    I would love to get CJ, and would probably have tears of joy if we land him, but I also know that it just isn't going to happen.
    Luckily the draft is deep in WRs this year, and we stand a decent chance of picking a good one anywhere in the top half of the draft.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #23
    Desertvikingfan's Avatar
    Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    395

    Re: My first 1st Round mock draft

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    CajunVike, I will be looking for you when you are on line because you are one of the only fan on here who agrees that we should trade up to get C.J.
    You already said before that C.J. is a CAN'T MISS PRO.
    If that is the case, and your BIGGEST NEED is WR, then it makes the MOST sense to trade up.
    It is almost like noone wants to be in the top 5-6 spots they are in.
    So, let's move up and get the spots they are in.
    this guy has all of the intangibles, but best of all, he is a stand up guy with great character and work ethic.
    This is a taylor made player for Brad.
    He had better stop playing around and get C.J.
    Next year is going to be WR rich draft too.
    Horray for us!!
    Wow - you're delusional, dude.

    Every single fan on this board wishes the Vikings could land Calvin Johnson.
    He certainly seems to be, most scouts agree, a really good pro prospect.
    But to trade up, you've got to have something to offer which others want.

    Rick Spielman can't just call up the Raiders and say, "Hey, Al - my delusional fan base wants me to trade up so here's our #7 for your #1, we'll toss in our 2nd & 3rd-rounders plus a case of lutefisk and you have no choice but to make the deal."

    You're babbling about trading up as it it were automatic - something which happens by making a wish and clicking your rubied slippers.

    Reality is much more cold, so I can see why you like the warm, comfortable embrace of your blanket of confusion, but the Vikings can't just conjure up a "TRADE UP!" out of their dimply buttocks and make it work.

    I think that most posters realize this and that's why they're not gleefully producing scenarios which involve the Vikings having the perfect draft while all other NFL teams make bonehead mistake after bonehead mistake.

    =Z=
    First the drafts looks pretty good, but I agree with most that Cj is gone, also no way Quinn falls to GB at #16, though I'm sure they would take him there in a heartbeat.
    Second, Zeus is right
    , a trade up is hard to get done, and for us to trade up to even Cleveland to make this work we would have to give up either all our remaining picks or a combination of our 1st, second (this year or next) and two 3rds (either players worth a third our third or a third this year and next.) Does RIckey Williams trade up mean anything?
    Just put this in another thread, however the draft value chart http://football.calsci.com/DraftPC4.html shows the following:

    Cleveland #3 = 2200

    Minnesota #7 (1500) + #41 (490) + 2008 3rd Round Pick (190) = 2180.

    Seems like a doable do for a player that is as highly touted as CJ.
    or, god forbid, they stay in their same position and grab a lesser known that performs better in his professional debut (i.e., Moss).
    I can't believe I brought his name up, now the sniffers will be here in full force.
    Ban me.
    Well I guess were repeating this sorry to the thread police. I got a base value for Cleveland of 2400 from http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Insider/2004/TradeValue.htm
    Given that the VIkes would have to give up yet another #3 this year next or a player, I think you have to wonder why Minnesota would do it given all their needs.
    We could keep our pick and trade for Moss! ;D

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: My first 1st Round mock draft

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Childress and co. will have a predetermined amount that they are willing to spend on trading up to get CJ.
    And every pick that he is available, expect them to make a phone call, just like they did last year trying to move up to grab one of the top QBs.
    However... The odds are that whatever team is on the clock will want more than we are willing to offer.

    We have a lot of holes that must be addressed, either through FA, trades, or the draft.
    FA is looking slim, so we will be left with draft picks and trades (which will probably involve draft picks).
    We simply can't afford to put together a huge package of picks to move up because we won't have anything left to address out other needs.

    I would love to get CJ, and would probably have tears of joy if we land him, but I also know that it just isn't going to happen.
    Luckily the draft is deep in WRs this year, and we stand a decent chance of picking a good one anywhere in the top half of the draft.
    Well-substantiated Sir
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    Desertvikingfan's Avatar
    Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    395

    Re: My first 1st Round mock draft

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Childress and co. will have a predetermined amount that they are willing to spend on trading up to get CJ.
    And every pick that he is available, expect them to make a phone call, just like they did last year trying to move up to grab one of the top QBs.
    However... The odds are that whatever team is on the clock will want more than we are willing to offer.

    We have a lot of holes that must be addressed, either through FA, trades, or the draft.
    FA is looking slim, so we will be left with draft picks and trades (which will probably involve draft picks).
    We simply can't afford to put together a huge package of picks to move up because we won't have anything left to address out other needs.

    I would love to get CJ, and would probably have tears of joy if we land him, but I also know that it just isn't going to happen.
    Luckily the draft is deep in WRs this year, and we stand a decent chance of picking a good one anywhere in the top half of the draft.
    Well-substantiated Sir
    ;D
    Well said.

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: My first 1st Round mock draft

    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Childress and co. will have a predetermined amount that they are willing to spend on trading up to get CJ.
    And every pick that he is available, expect them to make a phone call, just like they did last year trying to move up to grab one of the top QBs.
    However... The odds are that whatever team is on the clock will want more than we are willing to offer.

    We have a lot of holes that must be addressed, either through FA, trades, or the draft.
    FA is looking slim, so we will be left with draft picks and trades (which will probably involve draft picks).
    We simply can't afford to put together a huge package of picks to move up because we won't have anything left to address out other needs.

    I would love to get CJ, and would probably have tears of joy if we land him, but I also know that it just isn't going to happen.
    Luckily the draft is deep in WRs this year, and we stand a decent chance of picking a good one anywhere in the top half of the draft.
    Well-substantiated Sir
    ;D
    Well said.
    Desertviking, don't get labeled/thrown in with that "Well Said" Crowd
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    Desertvikingfan's Avatar
    Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    395

    Re: My first 1st Round mock draft

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Childress and co. will have a predetermined amount that they are willing to spend on trading up to get CJ.
    And every pick that he is available, expect them to make a phone call, just like they did last year trying to move up to grab one of the top QBs.
    However... The odds are that whatever team is on the clock will want more than we are willing to offer.

    We have a lot of holes that must be addressed, either through FA, trades, or the draft.
    FA is looking slim, so we will be left with draft picks and trades (which will probably involve draft picks).
    We simply can't afford to put together a huge package of picks to move up because we won't have anything left to address out other needs.

    I would love to get CJ, and would probably have tears of joy if we land him, but I also know that it just isn't going to happen.
    Luckily the draft is deep in WRs this year, and we stand a decent chance of picking a good one anywhere in the top half of the draft.
    Well-substantiated Sir
    ;D
    Well said.
    Desertviking, don't get labeled/thrown in with that "Well Said" Crowd
    ;D
    I would never join a crowd that would have me as a member. PP.O excluded.

  8. #28
    jonnyb is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    125

    Re: My first 1st Round mock draft

    Calvin will not fall to #7. But crazier things have happened. I believe Moss dropped to 21 and he was a heisman finalist.
    This is why the draft is fun. Maybe we will hit the jackpot. Maybe not. All I know is if Jackson is our starter he needs some help. Big time. We need a playmaker. I saw a Mock somewhere
    and it had us taking Meachem at #7 and Zack Miller in the second. I thought that was interesting. It's a stretch. I'd like it more if we traded down a spot or two and picked up another third and then drafted those dudes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. NFP Three Round Mock Draft
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 09:28 PM
  2. MY Mock First Round Draft Day TOP 10
    By nephilimstorm in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-25-2007, 04:56 PM
  3. The best 7 round mock draft I've seen yet!
    By baumy300 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 09:26 AM
  4. 2 New 7 Round Mock Draft
    By VikesAllTheWay112642 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 04:21 AM
  5. New 7th Round Mock Draft
    By VikesAllTheWay112642 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 12:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •