"jonnyb" wrote:
    "defensiveplaymaker1" wrote:
    "brbitker" wrote:
    1 - OAK (JaMarcus Russell - QB - LSU)
    2 - DET (Joe Thomas - OT - Wisconsin)
    3 - CLE (Gaines Adams - DE - Clemson)
    4 - TB (Alan Branch - DT - Michigan)
    5 - ARI (Laron Landry - S - LSU)
    6 - WAS (Jamaal Anderson - DE - Arkansas)
    7 - MIN (Calvin Johnson - WR - Georgia Tech)
    8 - HOU (Adrian Peterson - RB - Oklahoma)
    9 - MIA (Leon Hall - CB - Michigan)
    10 - ATL (Reggie Nelson - S - Florida)
    11 - SF (Adam Carriker - DE - Nebraska)
    12 - BUF (Amobi Okoye - DT - Louisville)
    13 - STL (Lawrence Timmons - OLB - Florida State)
    14 - CAR (Ryan Kalil - OC - USC)
    15 - PIT (Ted Ginn Jr. - WR - Ohio State)
    16 - GB (Brady Quinn - QB - Notre Dame)
    17 - JAC (Dwayne Jarrett - WR - USC)
    18 - CIN (Greg Olsen - TE - Miami, Fla.)
    19 - TEN (Levi Brown - OT - Penn State)
    20 - NYG (Darrelle Revis - CB - Pittsburgh)
    21 - DEN (Jarvis Moss - DE - Florida)
    22 - DAL (Charles Johnson - DE - Georgia)
    23 - KC (Dwayne Bowe - WR - LSU)
    24 - NE from SEA (Sidney Rice - WR - South Carolina)
    25 - NYJ (Marshawn Lynch - RB - California)
    26 - PHI (Patrick Willis - ILB - Mississippi)
    27 - NO (Aaron Ross - CB - Texas)
    28 - NE (Paul Posluszny - OLB - Penn State)
    29 - BAL (Ben Grubbs - OG - Auburn)
    30 - SD (Robert Meachem - WR - Tennessee)
    31 - CHI (Joe Staley - OT - Central Michigan)
    32 - IND (Justin Blalock - OT - Texas)

What do you think?
    This will probably change as it gets closer to the draft.
    i wish it was gonna be different, but there's NO WAY that CJ falls to us....unfortunately.
    CJ is a Freak and he should go #1. If the Raiders pass on him it isn't that crazy to think he could fall. Here is my logic.

2. The Lions have R. and M. Williams. Looks like their getting another in FA.
    3. The Browns have plenty of options between Winslow, Edwards, and Jurevisious.
    4. Most mocks have CJ falling here but their D is old and they have a decent young offense. If they draft on need, which is possible, they very well might pass on calvin
    5. Boldin and Fitzgerald put the kabosh to that.
    6.The Skins have 3 overpaid WRs in Lloyd, Randel El, and Moss

So by that logic it isn't impossible. Improbable maybe. But there is a chance.
    Anyways heres to drafting a random corner, or o lineman or whoever chilly decides.
    cheers.
    A better option for us would be to trade up to get CJ!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: My first 1st Round mock draft

2. DET - Mike Williams is a bust and Rogers is gone. Roy is all they got for solid receivers, and they very well might want to get Kitna some extra help.

3. CLE - Winslow has pretty serious knee problems that may continue limiting his performance, Jurevicius (sp?) is not speedy and also has been prone to injuries, and Edwards could really use a good pairing to take the pressure off and allow Cleveland to more easily develop a great WR tandem.

4. TB - They could make their decent young offense absolutely terrifying with CJ, and develop the defense after that. Galloway has officially gone from Old as a Dinosaur status to Older Than Dirt.

5. AZ - I agree.

6. WAS - Rich skank Danny Snyder has no problems with throwing even more money into one position. Lloyd is a bust and could be cut, and the Redskins are more likely than anyone to "Buy Now, Pay Later." It also would get Jason Campbell all the help he needs to maximize his potential.

You could very well be right about most of these teams, but if you take this side of the argument, I really think there's no chance ALL 6 pass CJ by. And the Vikings certainly won't know how this goes with any guarantee until #7 on Draft Day comes up. We need to trade up if we want him.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "jonnyb" wrote:
    "defensiveplaymaker1" wrote:
    "brbitker" wrote:
    1 - OAK (JaMarcus Russell - QB - LSU)
    2 - DET (Joe Thomas - OT - Wisconsin)
    3 - CLE (Gaines Adams - DE - Clemson)
    4 - TB (Alan Branch - DT - Michigan)
    5 - ARI (Laron Landry - S - LSU)
    6 - WAS (Jamaal Anderson - DE - Arkansas)
    7 - MIN (Calvin Johnson - WR - Georgia Tech)
    8 - HOU (Adrian Peterson - RB - Oklahoma)
    9 - MIA (Leon Hall - CB - Michigan)
    10 - ATL (Reggie Nelson - S - Florida)
    11 - SF (Adam Carriker - DE - Nebraska)
    12 - BUF (Amobi Okoye - DT - Louisville)
    13 - STL (Lawrence Timmons - OLB - Florida State)
    14 - CAR (Ryan Kalil - OC - USC)
    15 - PIT (Ted Ginn Jr. - WR - Ohio State)
    16 - GB (Brady Quinn - QB - Notre Dame)
    17 - JAC (Dwayne Jarrett - WR - USC)
    18 - CIN (Greg Olsen - TE - Miami, Fla.)
    19 - TEN (Levi Brown - OT - Penn State)
    20 - NYG (Darrelle Revis - CB - Pittsburgh)
    21 - DEN (Jarvis Moss - DE - Florida)
    22 - DAL (Charles Johnson - DE - Georgia)
    23 - KC (Dwayne Bowe - WR - LSU)
    24 - NE from SEA (Sidney Rice - WR - South Carolina)
    25 - NYJ (Marshawn Lynch - RB - California)
    26 - PHI (Patrick Willis - ILB - Mississippi)
    27 - NO (Aaron Ross - CB - Texas)
    28 - NE (Paul Posluszny - OLB - Penn State)
    29 - BAL (Ben Grubbs - OG - Auburn)
    30 - SD (Robert Meachem - WR - Tennessee)
    31 - CHI (Joe Staley - OT - Central Michigan)
    32 - IND (Justin Blalock - OT - Texas)

What do you think?
    This will probably change as it gets closer to the draft.
    i wish it was gonna be different, but there's NO WAY that CJ falls to us....unfortunately.
    CJ is a Freak and he should go #1. If the Raiders pass on him it isn't that crazy to think he could fall. Here is my logic.

2. The Lions have R. and M. Williams. Looks like their getting another in FA.
    3. The Browns have plenty of options between Winslow, Edwards, and Jurevisious.
    4. Most mocks have CJ falling here but their D is old and they have a decent young offense. If they draft on need, which is possible, they very well might pass on calvin
    5. Boldin and Fitzgerald put the kabosh to that.
    6.The Skins have 3 overpaid WRs in Lloyd, Randel El, and Moss

So by that logic it isn't impossible. Improbable maybe. But there is a chance.
    Anyways heres to drafting a random corner, or o lineman or whoever chilly decides.
    cheers.
    A better option for us would be to trade up to get CJ!
    CajunVike, I will be looking for you when you are on line because you are one of the only fan on here who agrees that we should trade up to get C.J.
    You already said before that C.J. is a CAN'T MISS PRO.
    If that is the case, and your BIGGEST NEED is WR, then it makes the MOST sense to trade up.
    It is almost like noone wants to be in the top 5-6 spots they are in.
    So, let's move up and get the spots they are in.
    this guy has all of the intangibles, but best of all, he is a stand up guy with great character and work ethic.
    This is a taylor made player for Brad.
    He had better stop playing around and get C.J.
    Next year is going to be WR rich draft too.
    Horray for us!!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"vike_mike" wrote:
    CajunVike, I will be looking for you when you are on line because you are one of the only fan on here who agrees that we should trade up to get C.J.
    If that is the case, and your BIGGEST NEED is WR, then it makes the MOST sense to trade up.
    this guy has all of the intangibles, but best of all, he is a stand up guy with great character and work ethic.
    Horray for us!!
    Wow - you're delusional, dude.

Every single fan on this board wishes the Vikings could land Calvin Johnson.
    He certainly seems to be, most scouts agree, a really good pro prospect.
    But to trade up, you've got to have something to offer which others want.

Rick Spielman can't just call up the Raiders and say, "Hey, Al - my delusional fan base wants me to trade up so here's our #7 for your #1, we'll toss in our 2nd & 3rd-rounders plus a case of lutefisk and you have no choice but to make the deal."

You're babbling about trading up as it it were automatic - something which happens by making a wish and clicking your rubied slippers.

Reality is much more cold, so I can see why you like the warm, comfortable embrace of your blanket of confusion, but the Vikings can't just conjure up a "TRADE UP!" out of their asses and make it work.

I think that most posters realize this and that's why they're not gleefully producing scenarios which involve the Vikings having the perfect draft while all other NFL teams make bonehead mistake after bonehead mistake.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"Zeus" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    Horray for us!!

Rick Spielman can't just call up the Raiders and say, "Hey, Al - my delusional fan base wants me to trade up so here's our #7 for your #1, we'll toss in our 2nd & 3rd-rounders plus a case of lutefisk and you have no choice but to make the deal."

You're babbling about trading up as it it were automatic - something which happens by making a wish and clicking your rubied slippers.

Reality is much more cold, so I can see why you like the warm, comfortable embrace of your blanket of confusion, but the Vikings can't just conjure up a "TRADE UP!" out of their dimply buttocks and make it work.

I think that most posters realize this and that's why they're not gleefully producing scenarios which involve the Vikings having the perfect draft while all other NFL teams make bonehead mistake after bonehead mistake.

=Z=
    First the drafts looks pretty good, but I agree with most that Cj is gone, also no way Quinn falls to GB at #16, though I'm sure they would take him there in a heartbeat.
    Second, Zeus is right
    , a trade up is hard to get done, and for us to trade up to even Cleveland to make this work we would have to give up either all our remaining picks or a combination of our 1st, second (this year or next) and two 3rds (either players worth a third our third or a third this year and next.) Does RIckey Williams trade up mean anything?

ARVikingsFan is offline Training Camp

you think calvin johson is going to fall at #7.
    you are dreaming!!!!
    i wish it would happen, but i doubt it.
    ARVikingsFan#1

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    Horray for us!!

Reality is much more cold, so I can see why you like the warm, comfortable embrace of your blanket of confusion, but the Vikings can't just conjure up a "TRADE UP!" out of their dimply buttocks and make it work.

=Z=
    First the drafts looks pretty good, but I agree with most that Cj is gone, also no way Quinn falls to GB at #16, though I'm sure they would take him there in a heartbeat.
    Second, Zeus is right
    , a trade up is hard to get done, and for us to trade up to even Cleveland to make this work we would have to give up either all our remaining picks or a combination of our 1st, second (this year or next) and two 3rds (either players worth a third our third or a third this year and next.) Does RIckey Williams trade up mean anything?
    Just put this in another thread, however the draft value chart http://football.calsci.com/DraftPC4.html shows the following:

Cleveland #3 = 2200

Minnesota #7 (1500) + #41 (490) + 2008 3rd Round Pick (190) = 2180.

Seems like a doable do for a player that is as highly touted as CJ.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Just put this in another thread, however the draft value chart http://football.calsci.com/DraftPC4.html shows the following:

Cleveland #3 = 2200

Okay - now why does Cleveland do that?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    Horray for us!!

=Z=
    Second, Zeus is right

Cleveland #3 = 2200

or, god forbid, they stay in their same position and grab a lesser known that performs better in his professional debut (i.e., Moss).
    I can't believe I brought his name up, now the sniffers will be here in full force.
    Ban me.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Even if CJ falls to #4 which could possibly happen, there is a good possibility that there could start a bidding war to get in position to take him there.

And it's also possible that whatever anyone gives, the Bucs won't give that spot up, but take him themselves.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast