Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: My Draft Strategy

I like the idea of trading down if we can't have either Calvin or Peterson...BUT I hate idea of trading with New England...because it would give them another weapon to win the Super Bowl next season...and they have already had their fill...time for someone else to get a taste!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    bigbadragz - I think MLB is a huge need.
    EJH played great but that was at the WILL position.
    He was horible at the Mike two years ago.
    He does not have the cover skills IMO to play a MIKE in the Tampa two.

Again I wouldn't trade all the way down to NE's picks but if we did some interseting options would be available to help our team.

I do want want Jarrett or Ginn, I don't think they will excel at the next level.
    We should be able to draft two of these available players at 24 & 28.
    Greg Olson TE (Big NEED), Adam Carriker DE - He is a UDeze type player but is more of a pass rusher.
    Meachem and Bowe WR -I would prefer Meachem he has good size and hands but better speed.
    Jarvis Moss DE- He has a great upside and could help with our pass rush.
    Beason LB - We do need at least one more impact LB and Beason may be there.
    Arron Sears OL - For those of you who feel we need to address the right side of the line.
    He very versatile and can play several postions on the line.

#24 Meachem WR -TEnnesee

#28 Jarvis Moss DE - Florida

#41 Drew Stanton QB - Michigan State

Obviously if Greg Olson is there we take him.
    A very athletic TE who can give us a weapon at that position we haven't had in years.
    This is obviously if we trade with NE, which I am against trading down that far.

Ltrey - I like the idea of Stanton but he would be there with our 2nd round pick I think.

the only reason i really say it's not a huge need is cuz we've invested so much there over the last few years.
    ej was terrible everywhere he played in his early years, but he came in as a mlb and as most players need to develop, hopefully he turned the corner.
    if we do get a mlb who goes to the bench, ej who just signed a big contract, greenway, your first round pick, leber, a big free agent signing.
    and is there a pick that's gonna come in and beat any of those guys out as a rookie?
    i'm not sure.

i'm also not high on drafting a qb real early when we still have big holes elsewhere.
    not to say qb isn't a huge question mark, but unless we really dont believe tavaris is the guy why draft another young guy you have to develop.
    tavaris is gonna take his lumps, if he's bad, putting in another guy who is gonna take lumps really doesn't help much.
    if we end up with like 3 picks in the first 60-70, do to a trade, i dont see the reason of drafting a qb when we can get help at deeper positions who could end up starting in the holes they are being drafted for
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:

Again I wouldn't trade all the way down to NE's picks but if we did some interseting options would be available to help our team.

I do want want Jarrett or Ginn, I don't think they will excel at the next level.
    Greg Olson TE (Big NEED), Adam Carriker DE - He is a UDeze type player but is more of a pass rusher.
    Meachem and Bowe WR -I would prefer Meachem he has good size and hands but better speed.
    Arron Sears OL - For those of you who feel we need to address the right side of the line.

#24 Meachem WR -TEnnesee

A very athletic TE who can give us a weapon at that position we haven't had in years.
    This is obviously if we trade with NE, which I am against trading down that far.

Ltrey - I like the idea of Stanton but he would be there with our 2nd round pick I think.

the only reason i really say it's not a huge need is cuz we've invested so much there over the last few years.
    ej was terrible everywhere he played in his early years, but he came in as a mlb and as most players need to develop, hopefully he turned the corner.
    if we do get a mlb who goes to the bench, ej who just signed a big contract, greenway, your first round pick, leber, a big free agent signing.
    and is there a pick that's gonna come in and beat any of those guys out as a rookie?
    i'm not sure.

i'm also not high on drafting a qb real early when we still have big holes elsewhere.
    not to say qb isn't a huge question mark, but unless we really dont believe tavaris is the guy why draft another young guy you have to develop.
    tavaris is gonna take his lumps, if he's bad, putting in another guy who is gonna take lumps really doesn't help much.
    if we end up with like 3 picks in the first 60-70, do to a trade, i dont see the reason of drafting a qb when we can get help at deeper positions who could end up starting in the holes they are being drafted for
    I just feel EJH is not very fluid in getting to his zone at the Mike Position.
    He played well at the Will but the Mike is a harder position IMO.
    I am not sure he will play at the same level at MLB.

Stanton would be a good pick up in the second round.
    If he is there we should take him.
    You are assuming if TJack can't do then Stanton won't be able to do it.
    That isn't necessarily the case, Stanton played at a higher level playing in the Big ten. So if Stanton is the BPA we should take him.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:

#24 Meachem WR -TEnnesee

i'm not sure.

I just feel EJH is not very fluid in getting to his zone at the Mike Position.
    He played well at the Will but the Mike is a harder position IMO.
    I am not sure he will play at the same level at MLB.

Stanton would be a good pick up in the second round.
    If he is there we should take him.
    You are assuming if TJack can't do then Stanton won't be able to do it.
    That isn't necessarily the case, Stanton played at a higher level playing in the Big ten. So if Stanton is the BPA we should take him.

well he played at a higher level but it's hard to compare cuz tavaris's numbers were pretty sick so who knows.
    the point is to me i guess, you take another qb in the 2nd round, it's kinda like having no qb.
    you know how they say that about rb?
    if you have a committee it means you dont have a number 1.
    i'd rather live with tjack good or bad and fill other holes than have a backup plan that may need a backup plan at the end of the season anyway. we need to know if tavaris is the real deal cuz it will effect how we attack the position next year.
    if we draft stanton and maybe plug him in after tavaris struggles, it's probably still gonna leave the position pretty murky.
    then what do you do, draft a qb number one next year, or sign shaub and have to 2nd round pick qb's on the same roster.
    i just think we have greater needs.
    unless like you say, they are in love with him and he's the real deal
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

For alot of my day i like to speculate about random draft situations, just because i'm that cool.

Today i was thinking about what would happen if Oakland doesn't take Russell with the first pick. That would mean, unless another team that would've taken Quinn wont and take Russell instead, Russell would slip a ways. He just might slip all the way too the....wait for it.............PACKERS. Imagine that. That's just Vikes09's random draft thought of the day.

I'm with Tarkenton about EJ not being the Mike for our Tampa 2 defense, and he played well enough at OLB.

The problem IMO is that the BPA in the 2nd round wont be a QB, but a gaurd, LB, or safety. Normally the players that aren't "skill position" players go early in the 2nd round, and they are of just as high of quality.

"vikes09" wrote:
    For alot of my day i like to speculate about random draft situations, just because i'm that cool.

Today i was thinking about what would happen if Oakland doesn't take Russell with the first pick. That would mean, unless another team that would've taken Quinn wont and take Russell instead, Russell would slip a ways. He just might slip all the way too the....wait for it.............PACKERS. Imagine that. That's just Vikes09's random draft thought of the day.

I'm with Tarkenton about EJ not being the Mike for our Tampa 2 defense, and he played well enough at OLB.

The problem IMO is that the BPA in the 2nd round wont be a QB, but a gaurd, LB, or safety. Normally the players that aren't "skill position" players go early in the 2nd round, and they are of just as high of quality.
    Russell won't make it past the Browns...Phil Savage, their GM, has known JaMarcus since he was in the ninth grade in High School...and would draft him in a HEARTBEAT if he was still on the board.
    Heck, they might make a deal with Oakland to swap draft picks just so he can insure that the Browns would get him anyway.
    It wouldn't be that much of a leap to do it....then we could trade with Oakland to get the #3 pick so that we could get Calvin!!!
    ;D

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

I would like that scenario Cajun!
    Oakland would make out pretty well also.
    They would have our #7, 2nd, & probably 3rd, Cleveland's 2nd & probably 3rd.
    They would have plenty of picks!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Cajun If you are correct and that scenerio and those trades happen I will buy you the finest domestic beer around!

I would be so excited if we got Calvin Johnson I would probably skeet everywhere.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

"Billy" wrote:
    Cajun If you are correct and that scenerio and those trades happen I will buy you the finest domestic beer around!

I would be so excited if we got Calvin Johnson I would probably skeet everywhere.

I don't drink...but you could still buy me the best ROOT BEER around!
    ;D

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"Billy" wrote:

mental note:
    dont go to a draft day party with Billy Boy....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123