Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

My Case for Jordy at 47

With the Draft approaching in only minutes we've debated who to take and what position to take. I think it all comes down to our draft board and who is at the top when our pick comes. Speilman mentioned getting a guy they we have ranked in the 20 to 30's at pick 47 if possible. Nobody outside of that draft core can say where Jordy Nelson is ranked among there players but if he is ranked high enough he could be the guy while filling an immediate need.

I see Jordy Nelson as a mere reflection of Chad Greenway. Both players were walk on guys straight from the country/farms. Hard working guys, both married, both had great production and have great character. They also both fit what we do defensivly and offensivly. Jordy would fit perfectly into what we do on offense, he runs great routes, he catches everything, he makes plays after catching the football, he gets open down field and he likes to block. I also like the fact that he is young, age 22 came out as a Junior much like Rice, last year he caught 122 passes while Limas Sweed caught 124 in a total of 4 years. He can also throw the football and is multi sport guy playing basketball at a very high level.

I'm not huge on drafting a WR unless it is Jordy, I believe he is underated and destined to make an impact for our team, wether its filling in for an injury or being our immediate punt returner. He made the drills at the combine look easy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_CLchhPPidY&feature=related
    Jordy Miced up, showing his blocking skills.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mIUu-nLx0lw
    Enjoy the Queen

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W6B_VmbiR7o&feature=related

If we don't take him I imagine he will be drafted today, maybe by the redskins 3 picks behind us.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Re: My Case for Jordy at 47

we have bigger needs than WR in this draft, i dunno if we even take one at all this year

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

davike is offline Team Alumni

I like Jordy but its probably not gonna happen.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    we have bigger needs than WR in this draft, i dunno if we even take one at all this year
    Thats exactly the thing and why I've opened up to drafting any position. It doesn't matter what we need we will Draft the BPA, bank on it.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    Thats exactly the thing and why I've opened up to drafting any position. It doesn't matter what we need we will Draft the BPA, bank on it.
    i can understand where u are coming from with tthe BPA pick, i could understand that, but i think WR will be ignored early in the draft, if we didnt re-sign Ferg i would be right there with u calling for Jordy Nelson, he is a beast i would love to get him, but in my mind i dont see us going WR that early

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    i can understand where u are coming from with tthe BPA pick, i could understand that, but i think WR will be ignored early in the draft, if we didnt re-sign Ferg i would be right there with u calling for Jordy Nelson, he is a beast i would love to get him, but in my mind i dont see us going WR that early
    To be quite honest I don't think anybody that will be good NFL player will be ingnored, regardless of position. I like Furgy too but I believe we will do whatever it takes to make this a better football team, if that means in with Nelson and out of Furgy so be it.

I too think it could be a long shot but would definitly be in favor of it. I wouldn't mind seeing a QB either if we felt really good about the guy. Maybe Josh Johnson, either way I think the pick will be somewhat surprising and will not be hampered by need, no more Mike Tice.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    To be quite honest I don't think anybody that will be good NFL player will be ingnored, regardless of position. I like Furgy too but I believe we will do whatever it takes to make this a better football team, if that means in with Nelson and out of Furgy so be it.

I too think it could be a long shot but would definitly be in favor of it. I wouldn't mind seeing a QB either if we felt really good about the guy. Maybe Josh Johnson, either way I think the pick will be somewhat surprising and will not be hampered by need, no more Mike Tice.
    I'm right there with you VTdubs.
    I think Nelson would be a very exciting, sexy pick if he's there.
    And the ferguson resigning doesn't affect the draft too much in my opinion.
    He only signed a one year deal, so I don't believe there would be any qualms about cutting him if he is out preformed.
    Personnally, I'd like to see Brohm, Flacco, or Henne if they're available, but I wouldn't be upset in any sense of the word if Nelson or a proven (as well as a player in the draft can be...) Offensive Tackle.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    last year he caught 122 passes while Limas Sweed caught 124 in a total of 4 years.
    Holy sh*t!!!

That's incredible numbers compared to Limas Sweed (who is projected to be the first receiver drafted in many mock drafts)
    I agree, Jordy Nelson shure is a beast, but I think he'll get picked late in the 3rd round (to bad we don't have any picks left in the 3rd
    )

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Too bad he is a Packer now!

davike is offline Team Alumni

I can't believe the Packers got him
    :'( Those fucktards!

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast