Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: MY 2006 Mock Draft

Corey Chavous I remember, bounced off Heath Miller and Heath ran for 54 yards before being tackled by brian williams. He can't cover and won't scare anyone with his hitting. He is a bad tackler also. Its pretty funny for anyone to think that he was anything more than an average safety. He is older and slower now, so theres no point in getting him back. Willie Offord and whatever safety we get in the first 3 rounds will show everyone what the vikings were missing, a STRONG safety.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"napo58" wrote:
    Corey Chavous I remember, bounced off Heath Miller and Heath ran for 54 yards before being tackled by brian williams. He can't cover and won't scare anyone with his hitting. He is a bad tackler also. Its pretty funny for anyone to think that he was anything more than an average safety. He is older and slower now, so theres no point in getting him back. Willie Offord and whatever safety we get in the first 3 rounds will show everyone what the vikings were missing, a STRONG safety.
    Great napo, you counter my stats with the example of ONE bad play he made. I'll let you go on you Chavous sucks tirade, but the man is a good tackler. You don't to 4th on your team in tackling w/o being a good tackler. Making excuses to justify your lame mock isn't going to cut it.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"napo58" wrote:
    please send me some film of corey making big hits!
    If you have msn messenger I would be glad to show you 2 clips that I have of Chavous stuffing the runningback at the line.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

Although I advocate the Vernon pick that most likely will not happen.

We must get GREG BLUE from Georgia.....he is a BIG BIG hitter. I'm such a big fan of him that it's not even funny LOL he will be a bigtime play maker in the NFL.....and would be a excellent replacement for Chavous.

Now I have nothing agianst Chavous except....the fact that they keep calling him one of the smartest player in the game. Week in and week out he's constantly burned and picked on.....I wonder what he does with all those videos he has and why doesn't he ever use them to his advantage or something. Also his run support is below average and he's gotten slower as the year has passed by.

It's about time MN gets a hard hitting safety. I hate how WR skip across the middle of the field knowing that they have nothing to fear. I think our defense is very solid but adding that intimidating factor in our secondary will make it one of the juiciest and best in the league. Just my two cent

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

Also, there is no way AJ Nicolson will last to the 4th round. He is a guarantee 2nd round pick.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

http://www.kfan.com/vikings/camp2005/audiovideo.html

Now go down to videos from 8/4/05 morning practice and go to the culpepper to angulo video. Corey puts a pretty good lick on him.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I like the idea of an early mock draft but it will be hard to see how things shake out until the Senior Bowl and the combine are complete.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

I am all in for resigning Chavous, but if we can get Greg Blue we would be foolish to pass up on him. I would start Blue in front of Chavous in a heart beat. No disrespect to Chavous, I have enjoy him very much and am a big fan too but he's just not the player he was 3 years ago. This year QB's hit him alot for big plays and got them.

DogPound is offline Rookie

I am confused as to where people get the idea that we have a running game? We have not had a running game since Robert Smith left. And our O-Line other than this year has been one of the best at yards per carry. So that tells me that we need a running back who can carry the rock 20-30 times and where down a defense. Not a fast back who has no moves or a very talented back who gets dinged up every other game or one that like's to smoke alittle herb. I agree with needing a safety ...BUt I feel RB,LB and O line need more attention then a TE or DE. I would be thrilled if we got a TE that can stretch the D but only if one fell to us like in the 3rd or 4th.
    ~ I BLEED PURPLE!! ~

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"DogPound" wrote:
    I am confused as to where people get the idea that we have a running game? We have not had a running game since Robert Smith left. And our O-Line other than this year has been one of the best at yards per carry. So that tells me that we need a running back who can carry the rock 20-30 times and where down a defense. Not a fast back who has no moves or a very talented back who gets dinged up every other game or one that like's to smoke alittle herb. I agree with needing a safety ...BUt I feel RB,LB and O line need more attention then a TE or DE. I would be thrilled if we got a TE that can stretch the D but only if one fell to us like in the 3rd or 4th.
    Could not agree with you more about the RB situation because with the improved D we have now I want to pound the ball right down the throats of our opponents and win those great 17-10 type of ball games.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast