Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: MY 2006 Mock Draft

kleinsasser is a full back, not a tight end. Wiggins can't strech the field. Vernon davis can. WE really dont need to draft a back at all or an outside linebacker in the first round. Michael Benett doesn't suck, he is a very talented back, same with memo. Look at onterrio smith, every time he played for us, he never let us down. A young, intimidating safety and an athletic tight end could upgrade our offense and defense alot.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Ok you are an obvious Chavous hater so I'm not even going to talk about that. Bottomline is I satnd behind Chavous 100%. Even if he is not back, Offord would then be the guy to start.

I agree Sauce is a FB and he needs to be put in the backfield and only in the backfield. Putting him on the line is a waste. We need to draft a back. See my second post in this thread for why. You have to face the facts, Bennett, and Msith probably won't be back next year and MeMo, while very talented, is not worth taking a risk on because he has gotten injured easily in the past. If you think we are going into next year with only MeMo, Smith, and Fason you are kidding yourself. Onterrio Smith never let us down? What? I love Smith's running but if getting suspended for a season isn't a let down I don't know what is.

We don't need Wiggins to strectch the field, We depend on our WRs to do that while Wiggins runs underneath. the type of offense you are suggesting is a made up one that the Vikings have never had.

We need to address our NEEDS. Forget who is out there and look at our roster. Safety and TE are not needs.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Worst mock I've seen yet. Nicholson in the 4th round, you are a moron.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I hope you are asumming we get something to help the run game in free agency. Replace Rosenthal with a 6th round draft pick?

What do you suggest we do with Wiggins? Trade him?
    I will never understand why people hate Chavous.
    Ypu and me both brother!

I don't think we are gettin that Vernon guy though in the first round. We are happy with the tight end we have now.
    hmmm CoreyChavous himself wonders why people hate him.... :lol:

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Napo makes alot of good points.. If we get Vernon move Jimmy to FB where he would strive.. And Wiggy would be a good second option.. Vernon would be like Heap for us.. Maybe better even.. I would rather not get him but if we do he could help

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

Here is a pretty good Draft info site. In the Mock Draft they make some assumptions on some people coming out early, (Vince Young) but all-n-all it is a good site for information and they keep it up to date.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

I agree V and CC, I think Chavous gets a lot of crap, but I think he does a pretty good job and I'd love to see him back. I also think he is good in run support, I dunno what napo's talkin about, Chavous is a better takler than Harris! I've seen a ton of highlight films with Chavous makin some big hits...another thing, just for conversation sake, did anyone see Chavous on NFL network this past offseason? That guy knows his stuff! I think it would be cool to land him as a coach after he's done playing...if not he'll definitely get a job as an analyst somewhere.

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

please send me some film of corey making big hits!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

LOL are u serious? Do u watch the Vikez? U've never seen CC make big hits?! Latley he hasn't had to because they never get to the 3rd level.. But he has made some big ones!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Corey has been "good" in his career with us. However he is getting a little older, is unhappy with what he was paid last season (1.9 million, more than sufficient) and is often out of position/burned in coverage. It wouldn't hurt to bring in some young blood.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast