Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

MY 2006 Mock Draft

1. Vernon Davis- Te Maryland- Has the size, speed, and ability to be an elite tight end.
    2. Greg Blue/Darnell Bing/Bernard Pollard- SS- All three of these guys can put fear into the hearts of wide receivers. I however beleive Bing will be the pick because he is fast enough to play fs and sharper has only 3-4 years left in him
    3. Ray Edwards- Purdue- Has all the pontential to be a great defensive end
    4. AJ Nicholson Lb- FSU- A great lb in coverage, He is could be here because he has off the field issues.
    5. Reggie Mcneal- Texas A & M- Will be a great backup to DC. Very athletic and a great arm.
    6. Jabaril Levy- South Carolina- Bye Mike Rosenthal
    7. Jami Hightower- Texas A&M- could develop into a good guard.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: MY 2006 Mock Draft

I hope you are asumming we get something to help the run game in free agency. Replace Rosenthal with a 6th round draft pick?

What do you suggest we do with Wiggins? Trade him?
    I will never understand why people hate Chavous.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

If we get Reggie Mcneal it would probably be as a WR. I doubt that he can play QB in the NFL. Also, he is fast enough to maybe elevate his status to a late-first day pick. Not the next Matt Jones, but something along those lines.

V unit, I have all the answers to your questions.

Yes, once the o line is fixed, our running game will be too. Their are alot of capable backs in the fa if benett and moe are gone. Onterrio will also be back. The offense's success is based on the o line. With that, any back with speed will look good in our system. Marcus Johnson is going to be the right tackle next year, with Jabaril Levy coming in to add depth and talent. Jermaine Wiggins shall be a backup and play in sparing situations. Kleinsasser should be moved to fb again, where he is clearly most effective and is a great J blocker. How could you not be upset at Chavous. Every single game this year he has been schooled. The play he made against Detroit was because Roy Williams turned around too late to look for the ball. Chavous is older, is getting slower and slower, and he can not deliver the big hits, something a Strong Safety should be able to do. HE would be a great draft analyst, however. We need some young talent at safety, since Darren Sharper is going to be 31 and has about 2-3 more years in him. IF we can get Willie Offord back along to team up with Darnell Bing/Greg Blue/ Bernard Pollard, we will have a scary safety tandem, much like Dawkins and Michael Lewis in Philly.

We wont be getting another defensive end. We have at least three that are talented enough to start. Mcneal will probably play a different postion like vikes fan said. Tight end isnt to high of need right now that is probably one of the most consitent postions on our offense. We will probably take some OL earlier in the draft. Nicholson is probably going to go in the first day.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"V-Unit" wrote:
    I hope you are asumming we get something to help the run game in free agency. Replace Rosenthal with a 6th round draft pick?

What do you suggest we do with Wiggins? Trade him?
    I will never understand why people hate Chavous.
    Ypu and me both brother!

I don't think we are gettin that Vernon guy though in the first round. We are happy with the tight end we have now.

yeah, but i heard that he is being charged for assault so that might hurt his draft stock. Idk, I was just being hopeful.

Hopefully he will fall to us. I think Bobby Carpenter will fall farther than Nicholson.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Even if we fix the O-line through FA like we should (which only really means signing one good starting linemen), none of the backs are sure things. Moore hasn't made through a full NFL season, Fason got no legit play time at all (having the coach force you to be a goal-line back just to get you in the game does not count. Fason is not a goal-line type back and it was dumb for us to put him in in those situations.), and although I support Smith, nobody is 100% certain that he is going to be back with the team, that he is still in shape, or that he won't mess up again. If we don't address the RB situation in FA we surely need to draft and draft high. Moreover, we only have 3 RBs right now, we are at least going to need a RB to ensure depth if we don't pick up two in FA. I can almost guarantee we obtain a RB on draft day.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Jermaine Wiggins. I have nothing against Davis but our TEs are not broke, so no need to fix. The man led our team in catches. No way we bench him. That being said, hopefully the days of the two TE set/H-back are gone. Put a FB in the backfiled and let the man block/catch.

orey Chavous is 4th on our team in tackles. He offers solid run support. On the passing side of things yes he has slowed down. but this guy had 8 ionterceptions two years ago and had always had a high number of tackles for our ball club. If we don't resign Chavous, a 3rd round draft pick is not going to be a sufficient replacement.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

solid in run support, lmfao, he plays 10 yards off the ball. Did you see him get juked out by thomas jones yesterday, lol. Man this guy...

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast