Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: My 1st round mock draft...post Senior Bowl

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    we can't address the LB/RB problem in FA. there isn't a fast enough LB for the Cover 2!!! Alexander is going to get signed, James is slowly on the decline and Lewis isn't a good fit for the West coast offense (he needs better hands). Deangelo Williams would be a good fit in Minnesota and Thomas Howard at LB from UTEP is the fastest LB so far!!! PLUS we still have Onterrio Smith coming back from PeePee Land so he can still be a good back up if not starter!!! we still got options but we can't address all our major problems in FA!!!
    The proplem I see with a rookie MLB is that he has to run the show. The guy has to be smart and fast.

As far a RB, if we can't address it is FA, we got some guys very similar to Williams right now. At this point, the only back that I want that has a chance to fall to us is White and he might be gone before our pick too. I might have a different opinion about RBs at the end of the week, after the combine.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    we can't address the LB/RB problem in FA. there isn't a fast enough LB for the Cover 2!!! Alexander is going to get signed, James is slowly on the decline and Lewis isn't a good fit for the West coast offense (he needs better hands). Deangelo Williams would be a good fit in Minnesota and Thomas Howard at LB from UTEP is the fastest LB so far!!! PLUS we still have Onterrio Smith coming back from PeePee Land so he can still be a good back up if not starter!!! we still got options but we can't address all our major problems in FA!!!
    The proplem I see with a rookie MLB is that he has to run the show. The guy has to be smart and fast.

As far a RB, if we can't address it is FA, we got some guys very similar to Williams right now. At this point, the only back that I want that has a chance to fall to us is White and he might be gone before our pick too. I might have a different opinion about RBs at the end of the week, after the combine.
    Actually, i was watching a lot of NFL network and i think that a FA runningback wouldn't be a bad idea, James looks pretty good now!! I know the LB situation isn't looking good, but look at Lofa Tatupu and Shawn Merriman!!! I think we should try and get a FA MLB and draft a fast OLB like Thomas Howard!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

i have3 a feelling we won't need a rb come draftime....

Go vikes!!

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

houston is gonna trade down, and ferguson isn't gonna go #1 over all he isn't tony mandarich of the packers
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

"jhirchak1" wrote:
    On my mock draft I put us as I think getting DeAngelo Williams, but if Lendale White is avaliable, do you guys think we go with White or Williams?
    White. He is bigger and just as fast

jhirchak1 is offline Rookie

I think there may be the possibility of White getting run down if he has to be an every down back. He came from a system with Reggie Bush. From what i've heard, Williams is probably the better reciever out of the backfield.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345