Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Music to Marrdro's Ears (Twist in McShay's draft)

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094196
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094049
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094045
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094042
    Ok, so how many players do you hear of who get hurt and say 'well, its rough, I don't think ill play again..' You don't. They're always saying they want to grt back asap and play. However, even if they claim there 100%, often they are not. Some guys come back and just aren't the same. A corner with two blown acls has a good shot at not being the same player he used to be, regardless of what her may claim
    I can buy into that thought, however, until I hear something from either the player or the staff to the contrary, I am still tracking him as on the roster and a viable starter.
    He'll be on the roster, but be realistic. Recovering from an ACL takes a long time. What Griffen managed last season recovery-wise was a rarity, not the norm. (look how much good that early comeback did him).

Further on that point, I bet his injury had alot to do with rushing back to the game. With a torn ACL, he can't run, he can't train. Most of his offseason was spent recovering, not getting into game shape. I bet that had an awful lot to do with his injury. Just not being in game shape. Alot of it was just unlucky, being hit the wrong way, but I bet a bit of it was lack of training.

If he rushes back again, he'll have two weak knees. He'll be training on his own, not with the team. He won't be evaluated by team doctors, he won't be told when to take it easy. Sure, he'l lhave his own doctor say he should relax, but if he's dead set on a comeback, do you think he'll listen and stop training? I have my doubts. At least while working with the team, a coach or trainer can physically stop him from working if he's overdoing it.
    First, you need to read the article I posted. Our team doctors and staff that works strength and conditioning are allowed to work with players that are hurt.

Second, he came back early last year (8 months if I remember right) because he is a fast healer. Because this happened early in the year, instead of at the end like the first knee, he will have almost a yar to recover. Assumption on my part is he should be ready to go.
    Yes, he was so ready to go last year.
    Third, he hurt the other knee (right one I think) so the one he injured the year before shouldn't be an issue.
    What about the fact that he won't be running, training, or doing leg workouts for a good deal of time, losing muscle mass and quickness. That leg will lose strength and be more prone to injury. an ACL tear isn't something that goes away either. He'll be vulnerable to both knees now, and very likely to re-injure.

I hope the guy comes back, I'm just not going to put all my eggs in that basket.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094200
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094196
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094049
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094045
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094042
    Ok, so how many players do you hear of who get hurt and say 'well, its rough, I don't think ill play again..' You don't. They're always saying they want to grt back asap and play. However, even if they claim there 100%, often they are not. Some guys come back and just aren't the same. A corner with two blown acls has a good shot at not being the same player he used to be, regardless of what her may claim
    I can buy into that thought, however, until I hear something from either the player or the staff to the contrary, I am still tracking him as on the roster and a viable starter.
    He'll be on the roster, but be realistic. Recovering from an ACL takes a long time. What Griffen managed last season recovery-wise was a rarity, not the norm. (look how much good that early comeback did him).

Further on that point, I bet his injury had alot to do with rushing back to the game. With a torn ACL, he can't run, he can't train. Most of his offseason was spent recovering, not getting into game shape. I bet that had an awful lot to do with his injury. Just not being in game shape. Alot of it was just unlucky, being hit the wrong way, but I bet a bit of it was lack of training.

If he rushes back again, he'll have two weak knees. He'll be training on his own, not with the team. He won't be evaluated by team doctors, he won't be told when to take it easy. Sure, he'l lhave his own doctor say he should relax, but if he's dead set on a comeback, do you think he'll listen and stop training? I have my doubts. At least while working with the team, a coach or trainer can physically stop him from working if he's overdoing it.
    First, you need to read the article I posted. Our team doctors and staff that works strength and conditioning are allowed to work with players that are hurt.

Second, he came back early last year (8 months if I remember right) because he is a fast healer. Because this happened early in the year, instead of at the end like the first knee, he will have almost a yar to recover. Assumption on my part is he should be ready to go.
    Yes, he was so ready to go last year.
    Third, he hurt the other knee (right one I think) so the one he injured the year before shouldn't be an issue.
    What about the fact that he won't be running, training, or doing leg workouts for a good deal of time, losing muscle mass and quickness. That leg will lose strength and be more prone to injury. an ACL tear isn't something that goes away either. He'll be vulnerable to both knees now, and very likely to re-injure.

I hope the guy comes back, I'm just not going to put all my eggs in that basket.
    I'm not either, thats why I think (and it is reflected in my mock) that the staff will burn two picks on FS/CB types of players.

As to leg strength. He was ready to go in 8 months last year. He has about 12 this year. Logic would dictate that his legs would be stronger this year than last years.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094203

As to leg strength. He was ready to go in 8 months last year. He has about 12 this year. Logic would dictate that his legs would be stronger this year than last years.
    And I say, once again, Was he really?

He hurt his healthy knee early on in the first game. That could indicate either a) he's just extremely unlucky, or b) he wasn't ready.

It's like if you stuck me or you out there, I'm sure we'd come back hurt. You need to be strong, and in game shape to help avoid injuries. I suspect Griffen wasn't in the shape he was in 09 prior to the injury, and I base that on the fact he didn't play in the preseason or practice with the team. He was not 100%, he rushed out and got hurt.

I hope he takes his time this time and makes sure he's actually ready to go. One more injury like that and he's done.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

As a CB with 2 major knee surgeries in 2 years he might very well be done already. If he were even a FS maybe i could see him coming back and being effective but at CB?

The only thing he has going for him is that he is in the best defense in the NFL as far as what id expected from a CB.

From what I gather as long as he gives the WR a 10-15 yard cushion and lets them catch the ball unchallenged then he is executing the scheme to perfection and i do believe you can do that on even 2 bad legs.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456