Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Music to Marrdro's Ears (Twist in McShay's draft)

Twist in this Todd McShay Draft

12. Minnesota Vikings
    Player: Auburn nose tackle Nick Fairley
    Seifert comment: Earlier this year, Fairley was considered the top prospect in the draft. Scouts Inc. now ranks him No. 11 overall. Vikings coach Leslie Frazier has made clear that he wants to rejuvenate the defensive line, and the possible departure of free agent Pat Williams would open a hole that Fairley could fill.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Music to Marrdro's Ears (Twist in McShay's draft)

My theory is they are waiting for the contract to get hashed out and then I would not be surprised to see them make a move for Haynesworth. Prior to the skins going to a 3-4 he was dominant and he would give us a devastating DL.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I would love to get Haynesworth. And Dareus. We would have an awesome internal D-line with Allen and Robison/Griffen on the other side.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1093585
    Twist in this Todd McShay Draft

12. Minnesota Vikings
    Player: Auburn nose tackle Nick Fairley
    Seifert comment: Earlier this year, Fairley was considered the top prospect in the draft. Scouts Inc. now ranks him No. 11 overall. Vikings coach Leslie Frazier has made clear that he wants to rejuvenate the defensive line, and the possible departure of free agent Pat Williams would open a hole that Fairley could fill.
    Thanks my friend. I see your figuring out that I like the bigs in the middle.:laugh:

Truth of the matter is, I would cream 3 or 4 pair of shorts if this were to happen and heard on NFLN last night that he has slipped, along with Bowers to about the middle of the first round on alot of GM's boards.

On a side note, wish I could see the insider mock. If you can see them, can you tell me were they had the QB's going?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1093595
    I would love to get Haynesworth. And Dareus. We would have an awesome internal D-line with Allen and Robison/Griffen on the other side.
    Agree except for Rob. I love the guy but he isn't a everydown LDE. If JA plays the way he played last year (got beat by one guy all the time, got caugth upfield rushing passer on running plays) I could see him taking some reps from JA over at RDE though.

In short, good fit as a RDE, good fit as a situational passer at LDE on obvious passing downs as well as a few at DT, but he isn't an every down kindof guy on that side.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093589
    My theory is they are waiting for the contract to get hashed out and then I would not be surprised to see them make a move for Haynesworth. Prior to the skins going to a 3-4 he was dominant and he would give us a devastating DL.
    It appears that Haynesworth and Fairley are cut of the same mold.

In the end, lets see if Leslie is the "Players Coach" everyone says he is and give him one of them to coach up.

Better yet, let Pagac get ahold of them and their attitude. Looks to me like coach Pagac doesnt' put up with crap like that either.

Kindof a good cop (Leslie) bad cop (Pagac) approach.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093614
    Agree except for Rob. I love the guy but he isn't a everydown LDE. If JA plays the way he played last year (got beat by one guy all the time, got caugth upfield rushing passer on running plays) I could see him taking some reps from JA over at RDE though.

In short, good fit as a RDE, good fit as a situational passer at LDE on obvious passing downs as well as a few at DT, but he isn't an every down kindof guy on that side.
    This won't be popular but I would sure like to see us sign Ray again. Hell, why not pay the man. He was a fourth round pick and has outplayed his contract.
    In order of importance,I would concentrate on signing Rice first, however.

Fairly I could live with. Bowers I wouldn't draft.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I just puked.. ugh.. i really really hate Nick Fairley..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1093647

This won't be popular but I would sure like to see us sign Ray again. Hell, why not pay the man. He was a fourth round pick and has outplayed his contract.

I think that the issue with Ray and why the staff isn't going to resign him, has alot to do with his size and if he can live up to a long term deal, and the beating that will come with, playing LDE over that contract.

As with Rob, both are better suited as a RDE at this level.

Dont' get me wrong, I think he has done a great job over there, but we have started to see some dings happen, which I think, will turn into major games missed issues this year.

Now if they thought they could get something nice for JA and could resign Ray, slim him back down to 260ish, then yes, resign him, move him back to RDE and let Griff/Jordan take over the duties at LDE with Rob backing up Ray.

Problem with that is, to do that shift you would have to pass on Fairley and if you don't fix the problem in the middle so the pocket gets collapsed, the QB will just step up and away from the DE's as they come after him so it wouldn't matter who you have at DE if you don't collapse the pocket.

I would love to see a line like RDE JA or Ray DT (3/5 Tech) Kdubb DT 0/3 Tech) Fairley LDE Griff. Back those guys up with Rob at the two DE spots, Guion behind K-dubb and bring in a vet (maybe JK) behind Fairley.

That would fix the problems we have been seeing in pass coverage and poor angles to runners by S's as well as the clean pockets QB's have been seeing the last year or so.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093658
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1093647

I think that the issue with Ray and why the staff isn't going to resign him, has alot to do with his size and if he can live up to a long term deal, and the beating that will come with, playing LDE over that contract.

As with Rob, both are better suited as a RDE at this level.

Dont' get me wrong, I think he has done a great job over there, but we have started to see some dings happen, which I think, will turn into major games missed issues this year.

Now if they thought they could get something nice for JA and could resign Ray, slim him back down to 260ish, then yes, resign him, move him back to RDE and let Griff/Jordan take over the duties at LDE with Rob backing up Ray.

Problem with that is, to do that shift you would have to pass on Fairley and if you don't fix the problem in the middle so the pocket gets collapsed, the QB will just step up and away from the DE's as they come after him so it wouldn't matter who you have at DE if you don't collapse the pocket.

I would love to see a line like RDE JA or Ray DT (3/5 Tech) Kdubb DT 0/3 Tech) Fairley LDE Griff. Back those guys up with Rob at the two DE spots, Guion behind K-dubb and bring in a vet (maybe JK) behind Fairley.

That would fix the problems we have been seeing in pass coverage and poor angles to runners by S's as well as the clean pockets QB's have been seeing the last year or so.
    One thing I like about your analysis of Ray, it's not a popularity contest. Ray wont be noted as a fan favorite. But he can play.
    He may not hold up but he's done a fine job so far.

"Problem with that is, to do that shift you would have to pass on Fairley and if you don't fix the problem in the middle so the pocket gets collapsed, the QB will just step up and away from the DE's as they come after him so it wouldn't matter who you have at DE if you don't collapse the pocket."
    Preaching to the choir here bro.. I've been looking for a pocket collapsing/penetrating DT for the last couple years.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast