Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Muhsin Muhammad cut by Bears

"C" wrote:
    yet... we're still keeping T-Will on the roster. Mind boggling.
    Fine by me. He should remain on the roster at least until the end of training camp.

I am not a Troy Williamson supporter at all.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/800856,CST-SPT-bear19.article

It looks like in addition to cutting Muhammad, the Bears also offered contracts to Berrian, Briggs and Tommie Harris.

Its going to take a lot of money to resign Briggs, and extending Harris is going to cost a lot as well. Berrian could command a big price in the open market, so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Id rather have Williamson on the roster than Muhammad, just because he's old and slowing down...i've changed my mind a tad bit on the TWill thing by a few people..im convinced now think he should get a shot at training camp unless we can pick someone else up, trade him, or have a better reason to cut him..id rather have a guy who has a shot, though very slim at this point, at making a receiver out of himself, than somebody who has really cooled down a bit in the last few years and again, won't be around pro ball much longer.

I'm sorry if someone has already posted something about this.

My friend told me we were pursuing him. Is that true? Personally I'd rather Berrian or Stalloworth or even Devery Henderson but I'm okay with Muhsin. He's a very good reliable receiver.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I would rather not pursue this guy, he is old and is going to command more money than he is worth.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:

My friend told me we were pursuing him. Is that true? Personally I'd rather Berrian or Stalloworth or even Devery Henderson but I'm okay with Muhsin. He's a very good reliable receiver.
    I don't think we are..i haven't heard anything about it. I really wouldn't know that well, but i doubt we are..im think if anything on that leaked, somebody here would already be on top of it..but who knows? again, i hope not, and i doubt it (but i have no good reason to know! ;D).

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

No thanks.
    I mean it's not exactly like the Bears have had the most explosive offense the last couple of years...yet we are drooling over a couple of their WRs.
    ???
    You can't tell me that TJack is any better than Grossman at this point in his career, so to expect huge results by signing Bears leftover trash (Muhsin) doesn't appeal to me at all.

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:

I don't think we are..i haven't heard anything about it. I really wouldn't know that well, but i doubt we are..im think if anything on that leaked, somebody here would already be on top of it..but who knows? again, i hope not, and i doubt it (but i have no good reason to know! ;D).
    Yeah you're probably right.We probably aren't. This is the same guy who told me we signed Leftwich at the beginning of the year just to screw with me.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234