Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Mr. A's Awesome, Astounding, Amaranthine, Amazing Analysis: 2009 Edition.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=51185.msg928569#msg928569 date=1238431429]
    Great... once again, players with a lot of "Upside"...

Guess that means another possible playoff berth?
    You crack me up.
    I would rather have upside that a guy that is on a downward trend.
    Those are the two options?
    YUP, pretty limited isn't it.
    They are either getting better or getting worse.
    No in between.
    No. You can get a proven guy like Tauscher. Probably will not be on a downward trend for at least 3-4 years. Enough time for us to groom a true RT.
    So your saying Tauscher has no more room for improvement?
    [/quote]

From 2 months ago, yes.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=51185.msg928569#msg928569 date=1238431429]
    Great... once again, players with a lot of "Upside"...

Guess that means another possible playoff berth?
    You crack me up.
    I would rather have upside that a guy that is on a downward trend.
    Those are the two options?
    YUP, pretty limited isn't it.
    They are either getting better or getting worse.
    No in between.
    No. You can get a proven guy like Tauscher. Probably will not be on a downward trend for at least 3-4 years. Enough time for us to groom a true RT.
    So your saying Tauscher has no more room for improvement?
    [/quote]

He improves on that injury everyday.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    I should have clarified on the confusion on the mock.
    I don't want to go receivers in the first two rounds, only if Maclin falls to us do I want us to take WR in round 1.

I agree with you that fixing the line will make the offense perform better, I think most know that I'm a big supporter of the big guys up front. But I really believe the problem lies deeper than that. Giving Jackson or Rosenfels more time in the pocket is obviously going to be beneficial, but I really do not believe our receivers will be open. The numbers may improve with line play, but I think the offense will still frequently stall on drives, and struggle in the passing game.

I was very disappointed, this season took a toll on me. It may have been too high of hopes, but I can't help but have high hopes when I look at this roster.
    We hosted a playoff game, and lost to the 6 seed because of our offense. 10 wins and going to the playoffs is nice, but I have zero confidence in the team on a weekly basis if we can give up 48 to the Bears and only beat an 0-16 team by a total of 6 points in 2 games. We should be blowing out our division in all 6 games.

We have the talent to be a consistently successful offense, but we will never be able to fully utilize these talents until we have a real offensive coordinator running the plays.
    Thanks for the clarification on the draft.
    You had me confused there a bit.

Your last line is very interesting.
    I am not a Bevell fan by any means, however, couldn't you also say that we have alot of talent that doesn't play very consistent?
    Until they can execute (especially on the OL) with consistency the O-Coord can't call a effective game?

Long story short, I kindof blame Bevell to a point but I also put the onus on the team to execute, which sometimes you don't with any sort of consistency.
    I don't really blame Bevell as much as I do Childress. I really do not think that Bevell was at all qualified for the position. I think Childress just brought him in to have as a puppet to run his offense, not Bevell's own offense. Even if Childress isn't literally calling the plays in every down, he is.

We don't see Jackson calling audibles at the line. When a team is blitzing you can't just try to run a play faster, an adjustment needs to be made, and if he's not allowed to do that, or can not do that we need to change something.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    I don't want to go receivers in the first two rounds, only if Maclin falls to us do I want us to take WR in round 1.

I agree with you that fixing the line will make the offense perform better, I think most know that I'm a big supporter of the big guys up front. But I really believe the problem lies deeper than that. Giving Jackson or Rosenfels more time in the pocket is obviously going to be beneficial, but I really do not believe our receivers will be open. The numbers may improve with line play, but I think the offense will still frequently stall on drives, and struggle in the passing game.

I was very disappointed, this season took a toll on me. It may have been too high of hopes, but I can't help but have high hopes when I look at this roster.
    We hosted a playoff game, and lost to the 6 seed because of our offense. 10 wins and going to the playoffs is nice, but I have zero confidence in the team on a weekly basis if we can give up 48 to the Bears and only beat an 0-16 team by a total of 6 points in 2 games. We should be blowing out our division in all 6 games.

We have the talent to be a consistently successful offense, but we will never be able to fully utilize these talents until we have a real offensive coordinator running the plays.

I am not a Bevell fan by any means, however, couldn't you also say that we have alot of talent that doesn't play very consistent?
    Until they can execute (especially on the OL) with consistency the O-Coord can't call a effective game?

Long story short, I kindof blame Bevell to a point but I also put the onus on the team to execute, which sometimes you don't with any sort of consistency.
    I don't really blame Bevell as much as I do Childress. I really do not think that Bevell was at all qualified for the position. I think Childress just brought him in to have as a puppet to run his offense, not Bevell's own offense. Even if Childress isn't literally calling the plays in every down, he is.

We don't see Jackson calling audibles at the line. When a team is blitzing you can't just try to run a play faster, an adjustment needs to be made, and if he's not allowed to do that, or can not do that we need to change something.
    Agree 100%

I think Childress is using the Vikings as a "See... I told you I could run an offense..." slap at Andy Reid... which is obviously failing miserably.

Andy Reid is laughing his ass off (in between paying his sons' legal fees).

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

If that is truly the case, it will be the head coach we will be changing.

I'll never forget watching the confusion going on, when time was running out, and Tarvaris looking over to the bench waiting for the signal to come in. It was pathetic to watch.

That's what happens when the QB can't call plays.

No 2 minute offense. No adjustments to the defensive set.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

I'll never forget watching the confusion going on, when time was running out, and Tarvaris looking over to the bench waiting for the signal to come in. It was pathetic to watch.

I don't dislike Childress as a head coach, I hate him as a play caller. I think we could retain him and allow the front office to make the decision on bringing in an offensive coordinator. Although that may cause some tension within the coaching staff. I certainly wouldn't be sad to see him go, but I think we could be a tremendously successful team with his hands out of the offense and a real coach doing that job his own way.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

I think because we can't hear what is being said, this will always be a point of contention on this site, however, I do believe I've seen him call audibles.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

Agree 100%

I think Childress is using the Vikings as a "See... I told you I could run an offense..." slap at Andy Reid... which is obviously failing miserably.

Andy Reid is laughing his jiggly butt off (in between paying his sons' legal fees).

See, that is were we diverge a bit my friend.

I don't think the Chiller has any agenda like that.
    I think he will/would do anything there is to win and be successfull and his relationship/desire to prove Andy wrong is nothing more than a stretch.

The problem with our Offense is directly related to our OL play.
    Fix that and things will have a much different feel.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Mr" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

I don't dislike Childress as a head coach, I hate him as a play caller. I think we could retain him and allow the front office to make the decision on bringing in an offensive coordinator. Although that may cause some tension within the coaching staff. I certainly wouldn't be sad to see him go, but I think we could be a tremendously successful team with his hands out of the offense and a real coach doing that job his own way.
    I wish I had access to each play that was called last year.
    Barring that, I did see some very interesting sets on the field and some very interesting plays called out of those sets.
    What I didn't see was a team that could execute those sets/plays, mostly related to the time the OL gave to get them going.

Again, I hearken back to the whole discussion I had with the High School Football coach and his analysis on why we couldn't run a screen.
    Simple line play, especially at the C position.

I had high hopes that a Jason Brown kindof guy would be brought in, however, looks like we will see if a Sullivan kindof guy will prove that coaches analysis right or wrong.

Jimmymeboy is offline Starter

Great in depth post!
    I was surprised that there wasn't any commentary on Sidney Rice.
    I'd love to hear your opinion.
    I will keep my fingers and toes double crossed that Childress and Bevell will mature (coaching wise) this season and get a little more creative and less predictable with the play calling.
    I feel that AP will not be considered a truly "great" running back or league MVP until he can stay on the field for 3rd down.

Just to give you a little of the "business", Mr. A, you must realize that your 1/2 hour read of a post is all simply your opinion so stating any where in this novella ("IMO") is completely redundant.

;D
    I’ll say Frazier’s been doing a mighty fine job IMO.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456