Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Mr. A's Awesome, Astounding, Amaranthine, Amazing Analysis: 2009 Edition.

"Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    FYI sir, our 6th round pick was traded for Kelly Holcomb.
    Thanks. I guess I forgot about him too, it doesn't help that he's not even on the roster anymore lol.
    Most 6th round picks don't make the team anyway. We did get 3 starts out of him, all losses, but still more of a contribution than the average 6th round pick.

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Very well thought out and assessed.

I would love a receiver in the mind set of Hines Ward. Just a guy that goes out and does his business with pure love of the game. The only receiver, I got that feeling after watching those clips, was Kenny Britt. I love the start of his clip. That crack back was a thing of beauty. He also goes across the middle and gets a lot of contact, and never shies away from it. He can also get open down field and make a catch.

I was high on Nicks, but he just doesn't seem (from the clips) as much of a physical (catching and blocking) type of receiver as Britt.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Impressive post sir, was wondering when this was coming

Read the whole thing, only have one problem with it, and that would be your assessment of Bienemy.
    I know he has a hell of a backfield to make him look good, but he's definitely the most hands on coach I've seen at training camp, he's always pushing those guys and you can tell they really respect him

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

No way in hell I read this damn thing.

JK.
    Just logged in for a sec tonight.
    I will tackle this monster in the morning with my first cup of coffee.
    You know how much I love these.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Sorry I didn't take the time last night, however, I wanted to give you the same effort in reading it as you put into it.

Boy was I disappointed.
    ??? Double digit wins.
    Won the NFC North.
    Hosted a playoff game.
    Team improved.
    Far from disappointed on this end my friend.

Sure it wasn't what all the yutz sports hacks spewed would happen in thier daily articles, but hey, who believes (buys into) that drivel anyway?
    :

I’ve never been so baffled in my life than I was in the second half of that playoff game. We were getting blitzed like The Alamo, it was ridiculous.
    I like "The Alamo". A bit more original than "Our OLmen were like turnstyles".
    Fix the OL I say.....
    To bad we didn't get Brown. Lets hope Sullivan comes through.

[size=10pt]Offense:[/size]

Love your coaching breakdown.
    Problem is, I think your overall premise is off the mark a bit.
    Fix the OL I say and all the rest of the stuff you are looking for will come into play.
    The two chuckle heads you mentioned (Pat Morris & Jim Hueber: Offensive line.) should be on short leashes this year.

Again, they do thier job and everything else will fall into place.

Wide Receivers: Interesting group.
    Nice way to put it.
    I would have said,"Intersting group that can't seem to get off the line if they are jammed by agressive CB's."

Hopefully a year of seasoning (and a healthy knee for Rice) will help in that area.

Tight Ends: Visanthe Shiancoe made a 180 degree turn-around this season.
    Do you give any credit to young Cook for the increased productivity of Shanc?
    Lets not forget, that he doesn't get into a route of any kind or have a chance to make a play if he is in helping him out.
    :

[size=10pt]Defense:[/size]

Leslie Frazier:
    I just don't have the "Man Love" for this cat as some on here.
    First game of the season kindof set it off for me which was just reinforced by the second game.
    Both games saw our "much touted" DL against patched together OL's, a QB making basically his first start after replacing a legend and another QB that just came off of knee surgery who had very little in the way of offseason prep.

Long story short, he is another cat that should be on a short leash.
    Wonder how good this defense will be without Phat Pat and Kevin for 2 games.
    My guess, not very good.
    We will see lackluster DL rotations (as we do with the wall there) as well as things like increased penalties, 2nd half opening drive TD's etc.

One caveat to that statement.......Leslie goes shortly after the DL coach goes.....

The injury to Gordon was pretty nasty, but I think he should come back strong from it.
    I hope your right my friend.
    That cat was coming along just as nice as Griff was.

Marcus McCauley was a major disappointment .
    Remember the knock on this cat was his dropoff in play his senior season.
    Lets hope he brings it all back together again this year.
    Judging by what we have on the roster, some of his problem might be getting reps.
    I really like what the staff has done in upgrading the role players behind the starters.

[size=10pt]Special Teams[/size]
    .....sure weren't special.
    I was upset that they promoted from within here, however, the 2 additional assistants they brought from the outside might be a clear indicator that things will change.

My guess, the ST's will be better this year and it won't be just because Farwell is back.

The 2009 Off-Season So Far:
    We haven’t made much of a splash in Free Agency. We’ve resigned depth, extended Griffin, and brought in Karl Paymah and Glenn Holt.
    We missed out on Houshmandzadeh and some of you are still bitching about it. It’s his loss. We let Birk and Sharper walk. I mentioned my feelings on Johnson above, and I believe he’s going to be just fine next season.
    Sullivan I’m a little more concerned about. He’s got very limited experience, only a second year player, but he’s about the same size as Birk and seems like a pretty bright kid. I’m not overly concerned about anything going into this season.
    But haven't we done much more than that?

Pos Player Name FA Status Previous Team Current Team
    RB Albert Young Re-signed Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Vikings
    FB Naufahu Tahi Re-signed Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Vikings
    WR Glenn Holt Signed Cincinnati Bengals Minnesota Vikings
    WR Jaymar Johnson Re-signed Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Vikings
    TE Jim Kleinsasser Re-signed Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Vikings
    OL Brian Daniels Re-signed Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Vikings
    DL Jimmy Kennedy Re-signed Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Vikings
    LB Heath Farwell Re-signed Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Vikings
    LB Kenny Onatolu Signed Free Agent Minnesota Vikings
    CB Charles Gordon Re-signed Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Vikings
    CB Karl Paymah Signed Denver Broncos Minnesota Vikings
    CB Derrick Roberson Signed Free Agent Minnesota Vikings
    CB Benny Sapp Re-signed Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Vikings
    CB Marcus Walker Re-signed Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Vikings
    SS Roderick Rogers Signed Free Agent Minnesota Vikings
    http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...by+Team&y=2009

Round:

1) If Jeremy Maclin is miraculously available take him. If not Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois. Darius Butler, CB, UConn. or Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest.

2)
    A) Trade w/ any team between 33-40 to pick Kenny Britt

B) Using our original second round pick, select Jamon Meredith.

3) Fili Moala, DT, USC

4) Traded for Sage Rosenfels.

5) Best center available.

6) Kelly Holcomb.

7) Quinn Johnson, FB, LSU.

7) BPA, or use it in the trade for an additional 2nd rounder
    First two picks on WR. Really.
    And what do you give up to get the 2nd 2nd pick?

Love the use of all the Vids by the way.

The 2009 Season:

I predict that we’ll see a lot of the same. Struggling offense, fans blaming the QB.
    NOT IF THE FIX THE OL my friend..... ;D

Again, excellent job my friend.
    Love the layout and detail.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If we don't win the division handily there is something seriously wrong. The Bears are disintegrating, the Packers are rebuilding and the Lions set a new level of futility never before seen in the league. Our division may be the weakest in the league in the past decade this year.

That bodes well for the regular season divisional record, but in the playoffs, where the difference between winning and losing is often the decisions made by the coaches in the heat of battle we will be fighting an uphill battle. Where we stand the best chance there is by the defense being so strong that those decisions don't need to be made. If that were to happen we have a shot.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

MR A,

Thanks for taking the time to put all your thoughts down in type.
    Your post, espiecaly when you get into college discussions, always intrest me. Probably because of the Big East connections.
    Your feelings and insight of our Vikings is very spot on, and I enjoyed reading every piece of it.
    I was wondering, if the Rutgers VS UCONN game is in East Hartford this year, would you like to meet up and watch the game together?
    Hell, I'll even be the one to buy the tickets, and you could always kick back at my house for a night, if you didn't want to drive back to Jersey on the same day.
    But it's really not a bad drive for you at all. Saying that, if the game is in Jersey, I'de enjoy taking the time to come down and watch the Uconn game down there with you also.
    What do you say?

NordicNed

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I'd also like to add that our defense and special teams should be better with the return of EJ, Udeze, Gordon, and Farwell.

And, our weakest link, kick coverage, is where we added the most players.
    That Onatola kid could be a hit there.

Farwell is our best STer.
    Paymah and Holt will help there too.

In my mind, we just need a little more consistent success on offense, and we'll have a chance at a championship.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"mountainviking" wrote:
    I'd also like to add that our defense and special teams should be better with the return of EJ, Udeze, Gordon, and Farwell.

In my mind, we just need a little more consistent success on offense, and we'll have a chance at a championship.
    Why do people think Udeze will improve our defense? Or even play?

I have a feeling it will take him a while to get back to playing condition.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

Why do people think Udeze will improve our defense? Or even play?

I have a feeling it will take him a while to get back to playing condition.
    Thats a good point but I do know of LB from Carolina that came back after a similair situation and dominated. I guess it all has to do with the individual. Whats exiting about Udeze is he has been working out for several weeks and is ready to go to all workout programs. I'm not overly concerned if he doesn't make an imediate impact because of Ray Edwards and Robison.

He would definitly improve the run defense, he's very solid on the end and is a decent pass rusher, similair to way Edwards is. Neither guy has gone over 5 or 6 sacks but I like the future for both those guys. With Udeze potential coming back, EJ coming back and Tyrell Johnson at Safety I expect the most dominate run defense we have seen thus far.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast