Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Move to make draft day more appealing?

Since many of the fans are down on McKinney I wonder if there is a way we could trade him and make our roster stronger in the process.

Here is the thought. If we could get a 2nd for McKinney from a team needing a big veteran LT, could we combine that second with our first and move up to get one of the top 2 CB's in the draft? And then use the draft to get a new OT? Maybe Loadholt could move to LT and a rookie could play RT?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Move to make draft day more appealing?

It's a good thought and I'd be all for it.
    Problem is without a new CBA teams are not allowed to trade players. Also not sure anyone would give up a second for McKinney, his problems have been well documented.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I don't know what he would bring either but generally even a mid level LT I would think could bring a 2nd. The Raiders might be the perfect fit for him.

And yes, this would hinge on the CBA getting done. Without that everything is up in the air.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think McK can get a 2nd. We really downlplay Mac's abilities here. We watch him every day, and no, he's not an elite player, but he's a good tackle. Not great, but good. Great left tackles are extremely hard to get, similar to a great tackle.

A team with a different blocking scheme very well might be willing to drop a second for a player like Mac who has the chance to succeed.

HOwever, I don't think we should be moving up for a CB, The only two I'd want to see here are Prince or Peterson. Both are very talented cover corners who can step up and fill in on the run too. HOwever, both will be very high prospects. Only way I see it(I actually saw a mock like this too) is if Peterson gets passed on until he's out of the top-5. then a team around 6-8 picks him, leaving Prince to be around 10ish. That's an attainable move.

However, jmcdon's right, it doesn't matter because player trades aren't allowed.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1091957
    I think McK can get a 2nd. We really downlplay Mac's abilities here. We watch him every day, and no, he's not an elite player, but he's a good tackle. Not great, but good. Great left tackles are extremely hard to get, similar to a great tackle.

A team with a different blocking scheme very well might be willing to drop a second for a player like Mac who has the chance to succeed.

HOwever, I don't think we should be moving up for a CB, The only two I'd want to see here are Prince or Peterson. Both are very talented cover corners who can step up and fill in on the run too. HOwever, both will be very high prospects. Only way I see it(I actually saw a mock like this too) is if Peterson gets passed on until he's out of the top-5. then a team around 6-8 picks him, leaving Prince to be around 10ish. That's an attainable move.

However, jmcdon's right, it doesn't matter because player trades aren't allowed.
    Excellent post.

For me, atleast, I just don't see a guy in this draft class that is gonna play as well as Big Mac anyways.

Doesn't make sense to trade him away, draft someone of lesser talent (probably more upside though) and then to use that pick to move up and draft another young talent CB.

In the end, don't we have enough young CB's already? What is one more gonna add? In the end, our issue on the back side isn't the DB's, its the Front 4 that the issue.

On a side note, I thought this was gonna be a thread about making the draft more appealing. To do that, IMHO, you need to move it back to its old format but for a guy like me, its appealing no matter how its packaged.B)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg