Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    slinkey is offline Pro-Bowler

Move Birk to Right Guard or Tackle

What do you guys think about drafting Ryan Kalil from USC as a Center if he is available in round 2 and moving Birk over?
    It would solve alot of problems.
    Also, I am hoping we draft Landry from LSU #7 overall and finally have a great saftey which we havent had since Joey Browner.....

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Move Birk to Right Guard or Tackle

I'm all for anything that make Hicks swim in shark infested water when he has his period.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

laujesse is offline Starter

"Prophet" wrote:
    I'm all for anything that make Hicks swim in shark infested water when he has his period.
    1 Rosenthal down and 1 Hicks to go.
    Tom Powers < Hetero

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

If that is the case, wouldn't we use our own Ryan Cook to play center? He was a natural center in college.. We could always find someone to play RT, or RG..

slinkey is offline Pro-Bowler

I thought Cook was too tall to play center....Just thought Birk cant have more than a couple of years left in him....LANDRY IS THE MAN!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    If that is the case, wouldn't we use our own Ryan Cook to play center? He was a natural center in college.. We could always find someone to play RT, or RG..
    Using the last 2 seasons of evidence, you may be able to find someone to play but it doesn't mean they will be efficient or effective.

ec179299 is offline Rookie

"slinkey" wrote:
    I thought Cook was too tall to play center....Just thought Birk cant have more than a couple of years left in him....LANDRY IS THE MAN!
    Landry is a beast and I would love to pick him up...but Birk should not change positions.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"slinkey" wrote:
    What do you guys think about drafting Ryan Kalil from USC as a Center if he is available in round 2 and moving Birk over?
    Also, I am hoping we draft Landry from LSU #7 overall and finally have a great saftey which we havent had since Joey Browner.....
    I would be happy with picking up Kalil with our 7th pick. But I would make him the guard.He would be able to pull,get out in front of the back, and make his blocks. Our running game would be astounding and Kalil has great pass blocking technique.

However, this would not be a very popular pick and fans would be calling for Childress' head. But what the hey, they are calling for it already.

Landry would be a great pick up as well. And would likely make more sense at 7.

My wish list of people who will likely be gone before the seventh pick goes in this order.

JaMarcus Russell
    Calvin Johnson
    Joe Thomas
    Gaines Adams
    Adrian Peterson

Each of those appear to be can't miss prospects.I think you could add Landry to that list and I think Kalil also qualifies.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "slinkey" wrote:
    I would be happy with picking up Kalil with our 7th pick. But I would make him the guard.He would be able to pull,get out in front of the back, and make his blocks. Our running game would be astounding and Kalil has great pass blocking technique.

However, this would not be a very popular pick and fans would be calling for Childress' head. But what the hey, they are calling for it already.

Landry would be a great pick up as well. And would likely make more sense at 7.

My wish list of people who will likely be gone before the seventh pick goes in this order.

JaMarcus Russell
    Calvin Johnson
    Joe Thomas
    Gaines Adams
    Adrian Peterson

Each of those appear to be can't miss prospects.I think you could add Landry to that list and I think Kalil also qualifies.
    Guys, Kalil (and Birk) are BOTH too small to play Guard for us...Justin Blalock would be a much better choice...and could possibly still be on the board for us when we pick in round 2.
    Landry IS a beast and I would LOVE to have him back in the Purple and Gold....BUT #7 is too high to pick a safety IMO...plus we have Blue who can handle the job right now.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Why the hell would you move a Pro Bowl Center to guard to begin with?...

Birk is, and always will be the "General" of the Oline...

Remember, he not only snaps the ball, he is the one to call all the line plays before the snap, and he does a great job of it.
    I wouldn't go playing around with one of our best played positions on the team.... But yes, we do need to address the players to the right side of Birk.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast