Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. #1
    slinkey is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    305

    Move Birk to Right Guard or Tackle

    What do you guys think about drafting Ryan Kalil from USC as a Center if he is available in round 2 and moving Birk over?
    It would solve alot of problems.
    Also, I am hoping we draft Landry from LSU #7 overall and finally have a great saftey which we havent had since Joey Browner.....

  2. #2
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Move Birk to Right Guard or Tackle

    I'm all for anything that make Hicks swim in shark infested water when he has his period.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #3
    laujesse is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    269

    Re: Move Birk to Right Guard or Tackle

    "Prophet" wrote:
    I'm all for anything that make Hicks swim in shark infested water when he has his period.
    1 Rosenthal down and 1 Hicks to go.
    Tom Powers < Hetero

  4. #4
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: Move Birk to Right Guard or Tackle

    If that is the case, wouldn't we use our own Ryan Cook to play center? He was a natural center in college.. We could always find someone to play RT, or RG..

  5. #5
    slinkey is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    305

    Re: Move Birk to Right Guard or Tackle

    I thought Cook was too tall to play center....Just thought Birk cant have more than a couple of years left in him....LANDRY IS THE MAN!

  6. #6
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Move Birk to Right Guard or Tackle

    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    If that is the case, wouldn't we use our own Ryan Cook to play center? He was a natural center in college.. We could always find someone to play RT, or RG..
    Using the last 2 seasons of evidence, you may be able to find someone to play but it doesn't mean they will be efficient or effective.

  7. #7
    ec179299 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    73

    Re: Move Birk to Right Guard or Tackle

    "slinkey" wrote:
    I thought Cook was too tall to play center....Just thought Birk cant have more than a couple of years left in him....LANDRY IS THE MAN!
    Landry is a beast and I would love to pick him up...but Birk should not change positions.

  8. #8
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Move Birk to Right Guard or Tackle

    "slinkey" wrote:
    What do you guys think about drafting Ryan Kalil from USC as a Center if he is available in round 2 and moving Birk over?
    It would solve alot of problems.
    Also, I am hoping we draft Landry from LSU #7 overall and finally have a great saftey which we havent had since Joey Browner.....
    I would be happy with picking up Kalil with our 7th pick. But I would make him the guard.He would be able to pull,get out in front of the back, and make his blocks. Our running game would be astounding and Kalil has great pass blocking technique.

    However, this would not be a very popular pick and fans would be calling for Childress' head. But what the hey, they are calling for it already.

    Landry would be a great pick up as well. And would likely make more sense at 7.

    My wish list of people who will likely be gone before the seventh pick goes in this order.

    JaMarcus Russell
    Calvin Johnson
    Joe Thomas
    Gaines Adams
    Adrian Peterson

    Each of those appear to be can't miss prospects.I think you could add Landry to that list and I think Kalil also qualifies.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  9. #9
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Move Birk to Right Guard or Tackle

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "slinkey" wrote:
    What do you guys think about drafting Ryan Kalil from USC as a Center if he is available in round 2 and moving Birk over?
    It would solve alot of problems.
    Also, I am hoping we draft Landry from LSU #7 overall and finally have a great saftey which we havent had since Joey Browner.....
    I would be happy with picking up Kalil with our 7th pick. But I would make him the guard.He would be able to pull,get out in front of the back, and make his blocks. Our running game would be astounding and Kalil has great pass blocking technique.

    However, this would not be a very popular pick and fans would be calling for Childress' head. But what the hey, they are calling for it already.

    Landry would be a great pick up as well. And would likely make more sense at 7.

    My wish list of people who will likely be gone before the seventh pick goes in this order.

    JaMarcus Russell
    Calvin Johnson
    Joe Thomas
    Gaines Adams
    Adrian Peterson

    Each of those appear to be can't miss prospects.I think you could add Landry to that list and I think Kalil also qualifies.
    Guys, Kalil (and Birk) are BOTH too small to play Guard for us...Justin Blalock would be a much better choice...and could possibly still be on the board for us when we pick in round 2.
    Landry IS a beast and I would LOVE to have him back in the Purple and Gold....BUT #7 is too high to pick a safety IMO...plus we have Blue who can handle the job right now.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #10
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: Move Birk to Right Guard or Tackle



    Why the hell would you move a Pro Bowl Center to guard to begin with?...




    Birk is, and always will be the "General" of the Oline...




    Remember, he not only snaps the ball, he is the one to call all the line plays before the snap, and he does a great job of it.
    I wouldn't go playing around with one of our best played positions on the team.... But yes, we do need to address the players to the right side of Birk.....


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 04:27 PM
  2. Birk will attend minicamp - Birk returns
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 07:53 PM
  3. A Brief History of Guard Valuation
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 05:53 AM
  4. Our new right guard...
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-19-2006, 09:32 PM
  5. Our PP.O border guard has some new recruits.
    By so-cal vike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 06:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •