vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

Moulds has friend, fan in Vikings tackle

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci...nclick_check=1

I think it would be great to pick him up. He would clearly be our number 1 and It would take the pressure off of Troy (assuming this Nike thing helps him) and whoever we draft, and I think it is almost certain that we will get draft someone in the first 2 rounds.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Moulds has friend, fan in Vikings tackle

The link doesn't work...but I hope that whomever Moulds' friend is convinces him to sign a team-friendly contract with the Vikes so that we can have at least ONE WR that can catch the ball.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

From KFFL:

Vikings | P. Williams wants Moulds to join team
    Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:46:19 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings DT Pat Williams would like to see the Vikings sign unrestricted free-agent WR Eric Moulds (Texans).

I would also like to see him signed to a one or two year deal.
    It definitely wouldn't hurt our team and it would only aid the development of young receivers and quarterbacks.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

You tell 'em Phat Pat!

"vikings11_27" wrote:

I think it would be great to pick him up. He would clearly be our number 1 and It would take the pressure off of Troy (assuming this Nike thing helps him) and whoever we draft, and I think it is almost certain that we will get draft someone in the first 2 rounds.
    This might be best treated as a part of the other Moulds thread; i.e. merged into that thread.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:

This might be best treated as a part of the other Moulds thread; i.e. merged into that thread.
    Yea, all 15 pages of that thread.

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

"cajunvike" wrote:
    The link doesn't work...but I hope that whomever Moulds' friend is convinces him to sign a team-friendly contract with the Vikes so that we can have at least ONE WR that can catch the ball.
    works on my comp...but here it is anyways...

Moulds has friend, fan in Vikings tackle
    BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press
    TwinCities.com-Pioneer Press
    Article Last Updated:03/28/2007 11:33:41 PM CDT

Last week, free-agent receiver Eric Moulds chatted with longtime friend and Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams about a possible reunion.

After playing with Moulds for eight seasons in Buffalo, Williams hopes his friend can provide some much-needed depth at receiver.

"I think he would add to the team," Williams said. "I think he would help the other receivers out. He trains hard.

"I'm hoping it happens," Williams said. "If we get him, it would take pressure off of everybody. We wouldn't need to draft a receiver."

Williams said Vikings officials haven't sought his opinion on Moulds. But Williams said Moulds, a 12-year veteran, is a hard worker with plenty of skills.

His most recent 1,000-yard season was in 2004, and Moulds had only modest production in 2005 and 2006.

"He ain't had no quarterbacks," Williams said.

After being released by the Houston Texans, Moulds has drawn only lukewarm interest from a couple of teams.

One and done: Despite disappointment over his contract status, Vikings defensive tackle Darrion Scott is showing up for the team's voluntary workouts.

"All I can do is come to workouts, do what I've been doing, and hopefully a good thing will come out of it. I think I've done enough around here the past few years to earn a contract," Scott said. "But evidently, that hasn't happened."

A third-round draft pick in 2004, Scott has played in 44 games and tallied a respectable 9.5 sacks, along with 127 tackles. But after the 2006 season, he received the lowest tender, worth $850,000. If another team signed him away, that club would have to give the Vikings a third-round pick.

Scott said he wants to remain with the Vikings - "I love it here," he said - but he is not optimistic the team will give him a fair-market, long-term deal.

He at least figured the Vikings would give him a tender that would have rewarded him with a higher salary for the 2007 season. He would have earned nearly $500,000 more if the Vikings had given him the second-round tender.

"I would have been comfortable with that," said Scott, who hinted that he had outperformed other players who might have earned more money.

"You compare my stats to other people," he said, without mentioning names.

Scott said he will not sign the tender until close to the April 20 deadline.

Winfield still absent: Cornerback Cedric Griffin said he saw Antoine Winfield last week and insisted Winfield, who has been absent from the team's offseason training program, would be fine.

"There's no problem with that at all," Griffin said. "We all went out last week. Everything is good with us. Antoine is up here. This is voluntary. He can work out at Life Time (Fitness) or Flagship. There's no issues going on."

In Phoenix for the NFL owners meeting, coach Brad Childress dismissed Winfield's absence from the training program, noting that the veteran cornerback had a vacation scheduled in the Bahamas.

No qualms: Tight end Visanthe Shiancoe said he and veteran Jim Kleinsasser get along just fine.

"It's a team effort here," Shiancoe said. "We know that we're here to work together and win some games. He's a complement to everybody. He holds it down."

Shiancoe called Kleinsasser a "workout warrior" and added he was more agile than he expected.

Kleinsasser has recently been asked to take a pay cut from his $2.9 million base salary for 2007.

Briefly: Veteran safety Tank Williams said he is fully recovered from the knee injury that ended his 2006 season during training camp.

"All the hard work has paid off," he said. "Now, I can participate and do all the same stuff (as everyone else)."

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:

It has already been posted there last night.
    This one is a duplicate.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.