Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Moulds allowed to seek trade

[size=18px]After refusing pay cut, Moulds allowed to seek trade[/size]

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Eric Moulds has the Buffalo Bills' permission to seek a trade, the latest step for the veteran receiver who asked for his release after repeatedly rejecting the team's demands to take a pay cut.

Eric Moulds
    Wide Receiver
    Buffalo Bills

2005 SEASON STATISTICS
    Rec Yds TD Avg Long YAC
    81 816 4 10.1 55 229

"We are shopping Eric," Moulds' personal adviser, Greg Johnson, told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "Obviously, we would much rather have Eric released. But if we can work out a trade, we will. But if not, we're back to Square 1 and Eric won't play for the Bills. He doesn't want to play for them, and he will not play for them."

Johnson said several teams already have expressed interest in Moulds since the Bills granted their permission on Friday. Without providing details, he added, the team has set parameters on what it would seek in return in a potential trade.

"It's moving forward to a degree and we anticipate something happening," Johnson said.

Moulds, a 10-year veteran and the Bills' senior player, has two years left on his contract, but was scheduled to count about $10.8 million against the salary cap next year. The Bills deem that figure too expensive but have failed in their bid to have the receiver restructure his contract.

Moulds, who is scheduled to make $7.1 million next season, has rejected the Bills' demands, believing there are other teams willing to match the salary.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2378904

I'd like to try to get this guy. I think he has a lot of talent that wasn't really realized in Buffalo with the revolving door of QB's and HC's.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Moulds allowed to seek trade

He is a good player without a doubt but he is a bit too old. I would rather see us keep Burelson.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

He is 32 years old, and we have deep enough at WR to pay him 7 million a year, I would rather resign Burly he has more upside and less cost.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:
    He is a good player without a doubt but he is a bit too old. I would rather see us keep Burelson.

I agree.. Moulds is a great wideout, but Burly doesn't have the wear and tear that Moulds has.. Moulds would cost much more than Burleson, and it doesn't make much sense to let Burly walk and bring in a older guy for more money..

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Sign him up!!! *sarcasm off*

Seriously though...some team will pick him up...the man still has the skillz ta pay tha billz!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

You guys say you'd rather keep Burleson, if you haven't noticed, he's probably going to end up in Seattle...
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    You guys say you'd rather keep Burleson, if you haven't noticed, he's probably going to end up in Seattle...
    If given the choice, I'd rather re-sign Burleson too. You're right, it's more than likely that he'll go to Seattle, but it's not confirmed yet, so there's still a chance.

Either way, I don't think we need Moulds. He's good, don't get me wrong, but as has already been stated, he's getting on a bit, has little tread left on his tyres, and would cost quite a bit to sign. Considering people here were saying we should cut Marcus Robinson because of how much he will count against the salary cap at his age, and he's only on for a third of what Moulds was scheduled to make for the Bills this season, I don't think it would be logical for us to go for Moulds.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"LuckyVike" wrote:

We can match the offer and they are brought or bring in about 5 receivers to meet with, it is not a done deal that he gets an offer from Houston.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:
    I agree 100%.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

I see us losing Nate Outside of Moulds, Nate is the best available WR in FA & someone will present an offer we won't match. Keyshwan doesn't count....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast