Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Re:More rumblings on AP's contract

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Again, comparing NFL RB's to an average Joe who works 40 hours a week as middle management isn't quite fair. yes, its more than most people make in a lifetime, or even three lifetimes. However, fact remains, top NFL RB's get paid millions and millions. If the Vikings are willing to pay him more, why not look into it?

Currently, his base salary is only a few mil guaranteed. The rest are incentives. Yes, he COULD make 13 mil, but likely won't. The reason teams make incentives, is so a) They don't dish out 13 mil for poor performances, and b) They're willing to pay that much for that much production. They wouldn't offer those incentives if they didn't watn to pay it.

So rather than having $13 mil in possible incentives that he won't get and a $4mil guaranteed bonus, why not at least ask for a better bonus and maybe less incentives?
    Good posts

Chris Johnson is set to make $550,000 this season and obviously isn't happy with that and there's a bunch of comments like " whats he complaining about, it takes me 10 years to make that" and it's ridiculous to compare.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Erinnn is offline Starter

Tad7 wrote:
    Good posts

Chris Johnson is set to make $550,000 this season and obviously isn't happy with that and there's a bunch of comments like " whats he complaining about, it takes me 10 years to make that" and it's ridiculous to compare.
    The only time I think these are valid complaints is when rookies hold out for more money before even showing up to a practice. I hope the NFL gets a rookie salary cap in place.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Erinnn wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:
    Good posts

The only time I think these are valid complaints is when rookies hold out for more money before even showing up to a practice. I hope the NFL gets a rookie salary cap in place.
    I am not big on players complaining about contracts they sign. However, if there is one clear case in which the player is warranted it is Chris Johnson. He just had one of the best seasons a RB could have had. If he was making regular or "market value" salary I would say be quiet and play football. Being he is due to make a low end salary I think he is in the right to do what he needs to do.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

ejmat wrote:
    Erinnn wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:
    Good posts

I am not big on players complaining about contracts they sign. However, if there is one clear case in which the player is warranted it is Chris Johnson. He just had one of the best seasons a RB could have had. If he was making regular or "market value" salary I would say be quiet and play football. Being he is due to make a low end salary I think he is in the right to do what he needs to do.
    No he's not. A contract is a contract. Tough shit.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Zeus wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Erinnn wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:
    Good posts

=Z=
    you know better than that Z. in the NFL the contract isn't worth the paper it is written on to the teams. they can cut you any time and not honor the contract.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

ejmat wrote:
    Erinnn wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:
    Good posts

I was actually referring to the fan complaints, but looking at it from Johnson's perspective...maybe he should have hired a better agent.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Erinnn wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Erinnn wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:
    Good posts

I was actually referring to the fan complaints, but looking at it from Johnson's perspective...maybe he should have hired a better agent.
    Don't let marty hear you saying that, remember, anybody who hires an agent is only in it for the money

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

marshallvike wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Erinnn wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:
    Good posts

you know better than that Z. in the NFL the contract isn't worth the paper it is written on to the teams. they can cut you any time and not honor the contract.
    That's life. And the rules upon which the players agreed.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple wrote:

Don't let marty hear you saying that, remember, anybody who hires an agent is only in it for the money
    Just ask Daunte Culpepper.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Zeus wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Erinnn wrote:
    Tad7 wrote:
    Good posts

That's life. And the rules upon which the players agreed.

=Z=
    If I were in his shoes and could make a play to go from $500k a year to $5-10M/yr I would absolutely try to get it. Contract be damned.

I would be surprised if Tennessee doesn't offer a more enticing contract back to Johnson...however it may not be anywhere close to what he thinks he deserves.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast