Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: More contract extension talks might begin soon for some veterans the team consid

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=51265.msg929079#msg929079 date=1238517819]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51265.msg928937#msg928937 date=1238503590]
    Rob [Brzezinski, the Vikings' vice president of football operations] does a great job of all those projection-type things," a relaxed Childress said while sitting in his Winter Park office. "I really wouldn't want to comment on [individuals] but, yeah, you're looking at the guys that are next, next, next.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/42164332.html

Hmmmmmm, that means Bryz does make decisions huh?

:

Not a bad article considering the source.
    Where the hell in that article does it say anything about Rob making decisions on a player?
    : Childress says I want this guy and Rob starts the negotiations. The only decisions there are monetary.
    Been along time since I went to school and I sucked at English, however, I guess its how you interpret the comment "does a great job of all those projection-type things,".

Isn't the word "Does" a Verb or something like that which equates to someone taking action or making a decision?
    Yes it means Rob handles the projections and monetary value of players not deciding who stays on the team. That would be Childress.
    I can live with that.
    As to your comment on the Chiller, what if the Chiller wants a guy and his monetary demands are to high?
    Does he still get him or does Bryz win out?
    Childress is the HEAD Coach.

Childress wins out... it's like a Corporation, the VICE Presidents don't tell the Presidents what to do or that they can't have something/someone...

Wilf would be the CEO.
    [/quote]
    What if you have a company that has 3 Vice presidents (ala a Triad)?

My understanding of the way we are structured is that if the 3 can't make a decision, then the CEO (Zyggiiii) would then make the decision based on all 3 inputs.

At least that is how he was quoted in a article after the Foley firing.
    [/quote]

I've pointed this out before, Wilf makes the FINAL decision.
    It's his team, his money, he may let smaller decisions fall to other people but when it comes to cutting players he's in the know.
    The coach lets him know in simple terms why he thinks a player should stay/go from a coaches perspective, and the GM will give image problems and the money side of whether the player should stay or go.
    This isn't some sort of system exclusive to the Vikings.
    If Childress was HC and GM he'd have to be able to explain both these things.

The exact thing is true in free agency.
    Childress would break down in a way Wilf will understand why he wants a player, and the GM figures out and explains if it's viable money wise and trade wise.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: More contract extension talks might begin soon for some veterans the team consid

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51265.msg929084#msg929084 date=1238518065]
    Rob [Brzezinski, the Vikings' vice president of football operations] does a great job of all those projection-type things," a relaxed Childress said while sitting in his Winter Park office. "I really wouldn't want to comment on [individuals] but, yeah, you're looking at the guys that are next, next, next.

:

Where the hell in that article does it say anything about Rob making decisions on a player?
    : Childress says I want this guy and Rob starts the negotiations. The only decisions there are monetary.
    Been along time since I went to school and I sucked at English, however, I guess its how you interpret the comment "does a great job of all those projection-type things,".

Isn't the word "Does" a Verb or something like that which equates to someone taking action or making a decision?
    Yes it means Rob handles the projections and monetary value of players not deciding who stays on the team. That would be Childress.
    I can live with that.
    As to your comment on the Chiller, what if the Chiller wants a guy and his monetary demands are to high?

Childress wins out... it's like a Corporation, the VICE Presidents don't tell the Presidents what to do or that they can't have something/someone...

Wilf would be the CEO.
    [/quote]

My understanding of the way we are structured is that if the 3 can't make a decision, then the CEO (Zyggiiii) would then make the decision based on all 3 inputs.

[/quote]

It's his team, his money, he may let smaller decisions fall to other people but when it comes to cutting players he's in the know.
    The coach lets him know in simple terms why he thinks a player should stay/go from a coaches perspective, and the GM will give image problems and the money side of whether the player should stay or go.

Childress would break down in a way Wilf will understand why he wants a player, and the GM figures out and explains if it's viable money wise and trade wise.
    [/quote]
    Someone else who has a clue.

Its so simple.
    Often times I sit and marvel that some yutz would sit here and try to convince us that the Chiller does it all by himself and all his decisions are based on his ego......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

:

I can live with that.

Wilf would be the CEO.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

There aren't three vice presidents though.... Spielmann's job title has the word "VICE" in it, meaning he answers to Childress and Wilf... the HEAD Coach and CEO respectively.
    [/quote]
    What the hell do you mean?
    Explain the Triad of authority then.
    Does that mean one guy in the Triad has more say than the other two guys?

Not sure about you but I woudn't want to sit on a stool with 3 legs and one of them is taller than the other. :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2674

The Vikings have re-signed backup defensive end Otis Grigsby to a one-year deal.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=51265.msg929088#msg929088 date=1238518232]

:

I can live with that.

Wilf would be the CEO.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its so simple.
    Often times I sit and marvel that some yutz would sit here and try to convince us that the Chiller does it all by himself and all his decisions are based on his ego......
    [/quote]

I said the same thing a couple posts back.
    ???

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

I can live with that.

Wilf would be the CEO.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its so simple.
    [/quote]

Well he can get his way.
    If childress is very very good at explaining to Wilf why he thinks a player should be picked up or left alone Wilf would probably have his ear open.
    Especially being a newer owner overall and Childress being his coach he picked out I'm guessing unless it's completly undoable on the GM's side Childress can get many things.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Interesting thoughts Shutz.
    I was thinking that this team is quite possibly built more to what Wilf envisions, than to what Brad envisions.
    Playing solid defense and running the rock is pretty much how the Giants have always played too.
    This might also explain the extended patience with making it work, that there seems to be.
    Good chance then, Childress gets his fifth year whether we like it or not.

But, back to the article...Good News!!
    We'll resign a couple of our own guys early and get to burn the whole bonus pile in this year's cap, keeping our numbers reasonable going forward!!
    THanks Byzdealski!!

Looks like the Winfield deal will happen.
    I'd also love to see extensions for Greenway and Taylor.
    Peterson's deal is a monster we'll want to keep an eye on for sure!

Funny, I was thinking we might be better off with Winfield on the slot WR than outside in the nickel package too...specially, if we draft another CB early or Paymeh steps up.
    I see Childress has noted the possibility too...

"There's all kinds of data and charts of players redoing contracts at that age. And, of course, age is like the scrape [on the chalkboard] that players don't want to hear. But you just look at ability, you look at how he plays, what he still has. I think that we would do a deal that we felt like was fair and typically when you do a deal, both parties have to feel like it's a good thing going forward. I think the added thing is that he can play outside and he also has the ability to play in that nickel slot, which is kind of a different animal."
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

I can live with that.
    They would probably have to discuss it.
    Chiller probably picks the guys he wants (with help from scouting staff of course)
    He goes to Bryz, and says "HIM!"
    then Bryz will contact his agent, see what kind of contract they're looking at, then likely have a meeting deciding if the money and the talent are worth signing him.
    Obviously if Childress wants a guy, for example, a sleeper TE, with alright speed, and potential catching ability, but no real starting experience, he'll say "I want him"
    Shianc..i mean this example's agent will say "well, we want this much" and Bryz will say, hmmm... thats more than we wanted to give, but Brad's the boss... here you go.

Thats how i see it anyway lol

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51265.msg929096#msg929096 date=1238518757]

:

I can live with that.

Wilf would be the CEO.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its so simple.
    [/quote]

I said the same thing a couple posts back.

???
    [/quote]
    Yea but Shutz hasn't been on much and he and I go back and forth on this alot.
    Long story short, I like to agree with Shutz more than I do you..... ;D

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51265.msg929096#msg929096 date=1238518757]

:

I can live with that.

Wilf would be the CEO.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its so simple.
    [/quote]

Well he can get his way.
    If childress is very very good at explaining to Wilf why he thinks a player should be picked up or left alone Wilf would probably have his ear open.
    Especially being a newer owner overall and Childress being his coach he picked out I'm guessing unless it's completly undoable on the GM's side Childress can get many things.
    [/quote]
    I hear ya, however, couldn't you say the same about Bryzcheapski and Ole Ricky Boy?
    Obviously the Ownership group values all three of thier opinions as they hired/retained all three to be the "Triad" kindof role.

Kindof gets me back to the whole "Shouting Match" thing that made the owner make his comments.
    I think he will listen to all three and make the decision based on all three inputs and not just one input.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast