Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: More contract extension talks might begin soon for some veterans the team consid

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Rob [Brzezinski, the Vikings' vice president of football operations] does a great job of all those projection-type things," a relaxed Childress said while sitting in his Winter Park office. "I really wouldn't want to comment on [individuals] but, yeah, you're looking at the guys that are next, next, next.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/42164332.html

Hmmmmmm, that means Bryz does make decisions huh?

:

Not a bad article considering the source.
    Why didn't you title this post with the ACTUAL headline of the article?

[size=12pt]Childress, Vikings try to keep best in the fold[/size]

Because it paints The Big Chill in a good light?

=Z=
    So he could make it seem like Childress is not making the ultimate decision but we know better.
    Some crazy yutz may believe Childress is holding this team back.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: More contract extension talks might begin soon for some veterans the team consid

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Rob [Brzezinski, the Vikings' vice president of football operations] does a great job of all those projection-type things," a relaxed Childress said while sitting in his Winter Park office. "I really wouldn't want to comment on [individuals] but, yeah, you're looking at the guys that are next, next, next.

:

Where the hell in that article does it say anything about Rob making decisions on a player?
    : Childress says I want this guy and Rob starts the negotiations. The only decisions there are monetary.
    Been along time since I went to school and I sucked at English, however, I guess its how you interpret the comment "does a great job of all those projection-type things,".

Isn't the word "Does" a Verb or something like that which equates to someone taking action or making a decision?
    Yes it means Rob handles the projections and monetary value of players not deciding who stays on the team. That would be Childress.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

=Z=
    Because my computer defaulted to that as the top of the article.
    Additionally, I wanted to see if the "Thread Police" were out there waiting to pounce.
    gotta watch out for those powerhungry douchebags...

[size=1pt]sits back and watches the pot settle back to its original, unstirred state.[/size]
    LOL.
    Quite cracking me up.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

Where the hell in that article does it say anything about Rob making decisions on a player?
    : Childress says I want this guy and Rob starts the negotiations. The only decisions there are monetary.
    Been along time since I went to school and I sucked at English, however, I guess its how you interpret the comment "does a great job of all those projection-type things,".

Isn't the word "Does" a Verb or something like that which equates to someone taking action or making a decision?
    Yes it means Rob handles the projections and monetary value of players not deciding who stays on the team. That would be Childress.
    I can live with that.
    As to your comment on the Chiller, what if the Chiller wants a guy and his monetary demands are to high?
    Does he still get him or does Bryz win out?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

I can live with that.
    As to your comment on the Chiller, what if the Chiller wants a guy and his monetary demands are to high?
    I would imagine they have a meeting to discuss the pros and cons and have a vote and the guy with the money, Wilf, makes a decision. You know like most businesses.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

I can live with that.
    Childress is the HEAD Coach.

Childress wins out... it's like a Corporation, the VICE Presidents don't tell the Presidents what to do or that they can't have something/someone...

Wilf would be the CEO.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51265.msg928937#msg928937 date=1238503590]

:

I can live with that.
    I would imagine they have a meeting to discuss the pros and cons and have a vote and the guy with the money, Wilf, makes a decision. You know like most businesses.
    [/quote]

yeah, that comes down to what wilf is willing to do and the latitude he gives them to sign guys they want... but i do think Chilly as well as brezinski and studwell all are on the same page when it comes to overpaying for someone...

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

:

I can live with that.

Childress wins out... it's like a Corporation, the VICE Presidents don't tell the Presidents what to do or that they can't have something/someone...

Wilf would be the CEO.
    [/quote]
    What if you have a company that has 3 Vice presidents (ala a Triad)?

My understanding of the way we are structured is that if the 3 can't make a decision, then the CEO (Zyggiiii) would then make the decision based on all 3 inputs.

At least that is how he was quoted in a article after the Foley firing.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=51265.msg929079#msg929079 date=1238517819]

:

I can live with that.

Wilf would be the CEO.
    [/quote]
    What if you have a company that has 3 Vice presidents (ala a Triad)?

My understanding of the way we are structured is that if the 3 can't make a decision, then the CEO (Zyggiiii) would then make the decision based on all 3 inputs.

At least that is how he was quoted in a article after the Foley firing.
    [/quote]

There aren't three vice presidents though.... Spielmann's job title has the word "VICE" in it, meaning he answers to Childress and Wilf... the HEAD Coach and CEO respectively.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

Because my computer defaulted to that as the top of the article.
    Additionally, I wanted to see if the "Thread Police" were out there waiting to pounce.
    Scroll up next time, Mr. Management.
    The real headline is above the picture of Chilly.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast