Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    dfosterf is offline Coach

Re: "Mock Drafts I Like/Find Interesting" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1090525

The glass of Purple Kool-Aid is still half full my friends!!!

SKOL!!!
    I'd hit it with some Captain Morgan. :P

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Quote Originally Posted by "Geebus" #1090518
    Quote Originally Posted by "tarkenton10" #1090513
    Your second round is a dream. There is no way Locker is around by the 12th pick of the second round. Pouncey will be gone by the middle of the first round. And paea just set the bench press at the combine he raised his stock susbstantially!! He is probably our best shot of the three to be there though. The other problem with your scenario is to get a 2nd rounder we would almost have to fall out of the first round! No too many teams are going give up their second round pick nowadays. Unless you're Minn.
    It is a 3rd rounder we lack :-)
    You are correct, sorry. But we would still have to drop pretty far in the first round. They have a chart taht would show what someone might be willing to offer. I would bet in the high teens to low twenties to get a third rounder.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

I would love to get Julio Jones-he is going to be special IMO! Hopefully someone like Mallet falls. Alot of teams are going to pass on him, he is very limited in his running skills and not a very good athlete. But he has a great arm and could be the sleeper of the draft. Round four Take Henery-K out of N. This kid can kick 60 yrders like carzy. And he has a huge leg on kickoffs.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1090526
    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1090525

The glass of Purple Kool-Aid is still half full my friends!!!

SKOL!!!
    I'd hit it with some Captain Morgan. :P
    LOL!! Good Idea! Just enjoying some beers right now, CHEERS!! :cheer:

Here's a couple of drafts I'm liking ATM.

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp

The Consensus Mock has us going all offense early: Julio Jones WR, Marcus Cannon BIG OG, Virgil Green TE with our first 3 picks. Which, I would love! Offense was such a weakness last season even a stellar game from our defense didn't always lead to a win (see MIA for example). That would give us a serious outside threat to hopefully pair with Rice, or set us up if we can't keep him around, a 350+ lb Road Grading RG to open holes for our best player, and a super-freak athlete at TE to set us up for when Kleiny retires or Shank's contract is up!

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

Walter has us getting a beast at 12 in JJ Watts DE (6/5" 290 and kinda fast, a true LDE!), then getting good value on a QB of the future with Jake Locker in the 2nd, and getting a different top TE, DJ Williams with our 4th.

During the NFL Network's Combine coverage, Steve Wyche said the following, "I know for sure the Vikings are looking for a tight end."
    D.J. Williams is a really skilled player; if he were a bit taller, he'd probably be slated for the bottom half of Round 2.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Still I see that people just don't get it. I can't believe that people still believe DT is a bigger need than QB. We have nothing at Qb. Nothing. I know a lot of people have bought into the Webb juice but please, put the purple blunt down or pass it this way.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1090524
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

NOW we're talking! I pulled up ye old trade chart a few days ago and started doing some math...but wasn't sure where it should go, and now it goes here! :cheer: :P

According to the chart, the 12th pick of the draft is worth 1200.

So, moving back 5 spots, to NE's 17th, should net us around the 4th pick of the 3rd round...Or, Maybe, the Jags want to move up 4 spots, the value difference is 200, or, roughly worth their middle of the third pick.

Moving back 10 spots, to IND's 22nd pick, should net us about the 16th pick of the 2nd round, netting us 3 picks in the top round and a half!

Or, moving way back, say 15 spots to ATL's 27th pick, should bring in around the 6th pick of the 2nd round...OR, perhaps my favorite, would be us going back to NE's 28th, and recieving their 28th pick of the 2nd round, AND our third rounder back (10 of 3rd)!! The total is almost right on at 1180, leaving a lil for ole Bellycheat to feel smart about. Sure, the Patsies don't trade up, but, maybe, this is the year! They have 2 picks in the first 4 rounds, and really, not that many holes to fill. Perhaps, they would make a move for a Julio Jones or Ingram, to push their offense over the top, or, more likely, a bad-ass 3-4 DE like Clayborn to finally replace all the production that left with Seymour.

That would give us a late first, an early and late 2nd, and an early 3rd to address 4 needs instead of 2!! At 28, we could look at Pouncey or Wisniewski to buff our interior OL with top notch/versatile talent, or, get better value on a Locker or Mallet than we would if we reached at 12. Then, with our 11 of the 2nd we could maybe land Paea or Luigit to replace Pat, or perhaps, a high ranked OT who drops. With the late 2nd we should still have a shot at a Mallet or Locker or Ponder or Kaepernick, OR, a S like Quinton Carter. Then, perhaps with the 10th pick of the 3rd, we could land some WR potential to replace Rice like an Ed Gates or Len Hankerson!

I for one would be super stoked with:

27th Wisniewski C/OG (or Pouncey, whoever ranks better-personally, I want C skills cuz I think most any C can play OG too)
    43rd Paea DT...or, maybe if we're lucky, Rahim Moore S!!?
    59th Kaepernick or whichever remaining QB they love, and
    74th Hankerson or Greg Little...a big WR who can go get jump balls in the endzone!

I am actually really starting to like how this draft is coming together! It looks like we're going to have some pretty decent options at pick 12 cuz a lot of talent moved on up during the combine! IF there's a run on QB, there may be talent available at DE and/or DT. IF there's a run on DL, there may be top end WR or OL or OLB there. Normally, the rare, physically gifted, Big-Men-Who-Can-Move, jump up the boards at the last minute. We did it with K-Will, the Jags jumped on Alualu last year, etc. BUT, this year, there are a ton of teams ahead of us who need QBs and WRs, AND, there are 2 special DBs and a LB who also belong in the top ten! Somebody who fits a need is going to drop to us, and, that may give us the trade value we need to get an eXtra pick or two!

BAAAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!
    Hell of a post my friend. Love how you used actual value for the picks coupled with the teams that have them.

One quick question though, if you have the time, who will be there at 12 that these teams would targe?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1091181
    Still I see that people just don't get it. I can't believe that people still believe DT is a bigger need than QB. We have nothing at Qb. Nothing. I know a lot of people have bought into the Webb juice but please, put the purple blunt down or pass it this way.
    It isn't that we think DT is a bigger need. Its more of a, "Who makes the most sense at 12" discussion.

Do you think one of the QB's is worth taking at 12 right now? So far, from what most of the reputable anaylysts are saying, none of them taken in this draft, let alone 12 is going to be a starter in 2011 and possibly even into 2012.

Most would agree that whoever you take at 12 (top half of the draft for that matter) needs to be a very special player and should be able to contribute right away.

Again, none of the QB's fit that criteria, unless you put Newton in there but then he won't be there at 12 now will he.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "tarkenton10" #1090592
    Round four Take Henery-K out of N. This kid can kick 60 yrders like carzy. And he has a huge leg on kickoffs.
    Now we're talking.......:laugh:

On his place kicking alone, Henery is probably the top kicker on most draft boards. He has a strong leg with a career long field of 57 yards. But Henery is also a solid punter and has handled those duties for Nebraska during 2009 and 2010. Henery may not be one of those rare kicker who is worth a third round selection, but it would not be a stretch for him to be off the board by the fifth round.
    Alex Henery

Saves us a roster spot that we can use someplace else. Fixes our KO problems as well as gives us a young FG kicker for alot of years.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I know its not the Patriot way, but if Julio was there at 12 they may want to jump ahead of St. Louis to give them a legit deep threat.

Or, it could be one of the ends: Watts or Jordan since guys with the size to play DE in a 43 are rare and they havn't really replaced Seymour yet.

Of course, we could go with that guy too, but may prefer to get more picks instead depending on who's all gone by 12.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1091208
    I know its not the Patriot way, but if Julio was there at 12 they may want to jump ahead of St. Louis to give them a legit deep threat.

Or, it could be one of the ends: Watts or Jordan since guys with the size to play DE in a 43 are rare and they havn't really replaced Seymour yet.

Of course, we could go with that guy too, but may prefer to get more picks instead depending on who's all gone by 12.
    Ok, I can track with those two examples.

By the way, the Patriot way is the unexpected way. Just because they haven't moved up the board in recent history doesn't mean they won't.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast