Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 171
  1. #111
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: "Mock Drafts I Like/Find Interesting" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by "tarkenton10" #1090513
    Quote Originally Posted by "Geebus" #1090389
    This is how I hope/think it will go down:

    I believe that they really want to get that moss pick (3rd rounder) back. So unless someone they really like falls in our lap at #12 they will try to work out a trade droping lower in the first picking up additional picks in the process.

    then with the later 1st we should draft by availability:
    DT Muhammad Wilkerson
    OT Tyron Smith
    OT Nate Solder

    With our acquired 2nd we should draft by availability:
    QB Locker
    DT Stephen Paea (really love this kid)
    OG Mike Pouncey

    Rd3:
    QB Christian Ponder (if no luck on locker :silly
    OLB Mark Herzlich
    WR Titus Young

    Rd4:
    SS Dom DeCicco
    DE Jeremy Beal

    P.S. This is all just based on a big gut feeling and should be used for what it is worth :-)
    Your second round is a dream. There is no way Locker is around by the 12th pick of the second round. Pouncey will be gone by the middle of the first round. And paea just set the bench press at the combine he raised his stock susbstantially!! He is probably our best shot of the three to be there though. The other problem with your scenario is to get a 2nd rounder we would almost have to fall out of the first round! No too many teams are going give up their second round pick nowadays. Unless you're Minn.
    Excellent post Tark. Love the last 3 sentences. Cracked me up my friend. Cracked me up.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #112
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840

    Re: "Mock Drafts I Like/Find Interesting" Thread

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

    1. Bowers A true LDE at 280 lbs, our DL could suddenly be really scary!
    2. Locker He's got question marks in the all important leadership category, and there are a bunch of NFL size QBs coming out this year. I see at least 2 QBs going before our pick, so gettin value here would be nice!
    4. Terrance Toliver WR LSU Good size and decent speed. Similar to Rice, but maybe a bit stronger...

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang

    If it falls this way, we just might get our wish to move back! Julio has top ten WR talent and STL 2 spots behind us needs a star WR in a bad way. NE's WR depth got exposed vs. the Jets in the playoffs and they have more picks than needs. We could likely still get Locker, and our 3rd back. DET and STL got QB covered, MIA and JAX are maybes, but I think they're a good fit for Ingram too.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-ChadReuter

    He's got us going with Locker first, and then big bad Baldwin, the WR from Pitt in the 2nd.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  3. #113
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "Mock Drafts I Like/Find Interesting" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1092047
    Another record setting bench press by a DT!!!

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/19/pro-day-prospect-bests-combine-bench-press-record/
    Question is: can he translate that strength to the playing field?
    If the NFL don't turn out for him he probably could compete in strong man competitions. Not only is he a beast on the bench press, but his whole body is freakishly strong. He owns the U.S. record in squats or something.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Sn4...eature=related

  4. #114
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840

    Re: "Mock Drafts I Like/Find Interesting" Thread

    That Sumner guy is super freak!! WoW! He's got to have some push there! As long as he's not a total idiot...you'd think you could coach him up some!?

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2011greg_4.php

    He's got us starting with the top OT, Tyron Smith, snaring Kyle Rudolf, the top TE in the 2nd, and then drafting a project QB, Ricki Stanzi in the 4th. I know, not the saviour some are hoping for, but help blocking and another target for a more dangerous 2 TE set may go a long ways toward helping whoever our QB is succeed!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  5. #115
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: "Mock Drafts I Like/Find Interesting" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1092344
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

    1. Bowers A true LDE at 280 lbs, our DL could suddenly be really scary!
    2. Locker He's got question marks in the all important leadership category, and there are a bunch of NFL size QBs coming out this year. I see at least 2 QBs going before our pick, so gettin value here would be nice!
    4. Terrance Toliver WR LSU Good size and decent speed. Similar to Rice, but maybe a bit stronger...

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang

    If it falls this way, we just might get our wish to move back! Julio has top ten WR talent and STL 2 spots behind us needs a star WR in a bad way. NE's WR depth got exposed vs. the Jets in the playoffs and they have more picks than needs. We could likely still get Locker, and our 3rd back. DET and STL got QB covered, MIA and JAX are maybes, but I think they're a good fit for Ingram too.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-ChadReuter

    He's got us going with Locker first, and then big bad Baldwin, the WR from Pitt in the 2nd.
    Good stuff my friend, just one question....

    Why a LDE? Don't we have enough of them already?

    a. Ray is stuck with us for one more year.
    b. Rob can give us nice reps on that side in passing situations.
    c. We drafted Griff last year. When he came in (towards the end of the season last year) he played suprising well for a rookie. My guess is, like all rookies, he will get better this year and could possibly take more reps from Ray.

    Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be upset if they took a LDE someplace, but for right now, we seem to have other positions of need that our picks could be used on.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #116
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840

    Re: "Mock Drafts I Like/Find Interesting" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092379
    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1092344
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

    1. Bowers A true LDE at 280 lbs, our DL could suddenly be really scary!
    2. Locker He's got question marks in the all important leadership category, and there are a bunch of NFL size QBs coming out this year. I see at least 2 QBs going before our pick, so gettin value here would be nice!
    4. Terrance Toliver WR LSU Good size and decent speed. Similar to Rice, but maybe a bit stronger...

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang

    If it falls this way, we just might get our wish to move back! Julio has top ten WR talent and STL 2 spots behind us needs a star WR in a bad way. NE's WR depth got exposed vs. the Jets in the playoffs and they have more picks than needs. We could likely still get Locker, and our 3rd back. DET and STL got QB covered, MIA and JAX are maybes, but I think they're a good fit for Ingram too.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-ChadReuter

    He's got us going with Locker first, and then big bad Baldwin, the WR from Pitt in the 2nd.
    Good stuff my friend, just one question....

    Why a LDE? Don't we have enough of them already?

    a. Ray is stuck with us for one more year.
    b. Rob can give us nice reps on that side in passing situations.
    c. We drafted Griff last year. When he came in (towards the end of the season last year) he played suprising well for a rookie. My guess is, like all rookies, he will get better this year and could possibly take more reps from Ray.

    Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be upset if they took a LDE someplace, but for right now, we seem to have other positions of need that our picks could be used on.
    I agree that LDE isn't our biggest need, but if Bowers is there and can be shown healthy and/or healing correctly, he'd probably be BPA by a long shot. Not so long ago, he was widely considered a top 3 talent.

    a. I disagree. Pretty sure that when the new CBA comes around, that Ray will be a Free Agent and make big bucks elsewhere.
    b. I'm stoked we resigned Robison, but I don't think he's got the size for rushing downs.
    c. Everson Griffin can only be a steal for us if he keeps himself on the field and off suspension! Double Doh!!


    What I'm becoming more and more afraid of is, IF we get desperate, and move up to grab a QB without addressing our health/talent level on OL and WR, that no QB will find much success for our team, and that throwing a rookie into an under-supported situation will undermine his confidence and learning curve!!?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  7. #117
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: "Mock Drafts I Like/Find Interesting" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1092399
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092379
    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1092344
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

    1. Bowers A true LDE at 280 lbs, our DL could suddenly be really scary!
    2. Locker He's got question marks in the all important leadership category, and there are a bunch of NFL size QBs coming out this year. I see at least 2 QBs going before our pick, so gettin value here would be nice!
    4. Terrance Toliver WR LSU Good size and decent speed. Similar to Rice, but maybe a bit stronger...

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang

    If it falls this way, we just might get our wish to move back! Julio has top ten WR talent and STL 2 spots behind us needs a star WR in a bad way. NE's WR depth got exposed vs. the Jets in the playoffs and they have more picks than needs. We could likely still get Locker, and our 3rd back. DET and STL got QB covered, MIA and JAX are maybes, but I think they're a good fit for Ingram too.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-ChadReuter

    He's got us going with Locker first, and then big bad Baldwin, the WR from Pitt in the 2nd.
    Good stuff my friend, just one question....

    Why a LDE? Don't we have enough of them already?

    a. Ray is stuck with us for one more year.
    b. Rob can give us nice reps on that side in passing situations.
    c. We drafted Griff last year. When he came in (towards the end of the season last year) he played suprising well for a rookie. My guess is, like all rookies, he will get better this year and could possibly take more reps from Ray.

    Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be upset if they took a LDE someplace, but for right now, we seem to have other positions of need that our picks could be used on.
    I agree that LDE isn't our biggest need, but if Bowers is there and can be shown healthy and/or healing correctly, he'd probably be BPA by a long shot. Not so long ago, he was widely considered a top 3 talent.

    a. I disagree. Pretty sure that when the new CBA comes around, that Ray will be a Free Agent and make big bucks elsewhere.
    b. I'm stoked we resigned Robison, but I don't think he's got the size for rushing downs.
    c. Everson Griffin can only be a steal for us if he keeps himself on the field and off suspension! Double Doh!!


    What I'm becoming more and more afraid of is, IF we get desperate, and move up to grab a QB without addressing our health/talent level on OL and WR, that no QB will find much success for our team, and that throwing a rookie into an under-supported situation will undermine his confidence and learning curve!!?
    a. They tendered Ray. Are you thinking that might be a negated contract by the new CBA?
    b. Agree. My comments were centered on him being a situational pass rusher only.
    c. Agree as well, but damn he looked good next to Guion last year. A couple of those plays were at the RDE position as well. Would love to see him get extra reps at LDE this year.

    I am not that concerned over the OL as most on here. I think we should get a bigger C but don't think a Rook is the answer. Degeare gave us some nice reps for Hutch and probably could do the same this year for Herrera if he went down. Besides, as we shift away from the ZBing scheme, some of the inconsistencies that arise from injury switch outs goes away.

    WR. Again, not as concerned as most on here. We sure went out and signed a bunch of them just before the CBA went away. Couple that with the attempt to sign Rice and I think we are OK. Besides, a rookie QB with rookie WR's is a bad combination. You want to have Vet WR's with rookie QB's or Vet QB's with rookie QB's.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #118
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840

    Re: "Mock Drafts I Like/Find Interesting" Thread

    I think it comes down to compromises. IF the players give up some bucks and the high end, first round contracts, they certainly aren't going to want to give up the 4 year minimum for unrestricted Free Agency!! That is when a good player makes his money!

    SO, my gut feeling, it that we're going to lose both Ray and Rice, cuz somebody is going to overpay, at least by our standards.

    I'm also thinking Bigger Center, but who's available as a Free Agent?

    So, we signed another slot/possesion guy in Iglesias, and a bigger guy in Emmanual Arceneaux, good depth I'm glad we signed to be sure...but also, 2 guys who did not make the rosters of the WR hurting Bores, nor more talented Lions! IF we lose Rice, our depth there is hurting. I'm not so much looking for a burner, as intrigued with Julio Jones' overall package...he's got size, speed, outstanding leap, and is a tenacious blocker!!! I can't find the quote now, but I read somewhere that teams that are more WCO (shorter routes, more YAC) and/or Run First with his blocking ability, would be teams that liked him better than AJ Green. Ie. perfect fit for the Vikings!!

    I think there's a good chance that we go all offense early, since the Defense is our strong suit, with both players and coaching personel.

    How do you feel about trading a future first to move back into the back end of the first round for our QB?

    Perhaps, a pipe dream, but wouldn't it be sweet if we landed a trio of:
    Julio Jones at 12
    Mallet/Locker/Ponder in the 20s
    Marcus Cannon/Wisneiwski/Pouncey with our 2nd

    A true playmaking threat, another young QB to develop, and some size in the middle to help AP find some room to run!?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  9. #119
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: "Mock Drafts I Like/Find Interesting" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1092495
    I think it comes down to compromises. IF the players give up some bucks and the high end, first round contracts, they certainly aren't going to want to give up the 4 year minimum for unrestricted Free Agency!! That is when a good player makes his money!

    SO, my gut feeling, it that we're going to lose both Ray and Rice, cuz somebody is going to overpay, at least by our standards.
    I don't mind loosing Ray. Even though he has done a nice job, I don't see him making it through the life of another contract at LDE.

    Rice I'm torn on. I guess I won't be miffed if he leaves and I won't be over joyed if he stays.

    I'm also thinking Bigger Center, but who's available as a Free Agent?
    I thought so as well but after doing some research, it appears Musgrove likes a smaller center. To date, he's only had one on the roster bigger than 300 lbs.

    So, we signed another slot/possesion guy in Iglesias, and a bigger guy in Emmanual Arceneaux, good depth I'm glad we signed to be sure...but also, 2 guys who did not make the rosters of the WR hurting Bores, nor more talented Lions! IF we lose Rice, our depth there is hurting. I'm not so much looking for a burner, as intrigued with Julio Jones' overall package...he's got size, speed, outstanding leap, and is a tenacious blocker!!! I can't find the quote now, but I read somewhere that teams that are more WCO (shorter routes, more YAC) and/or Run First with his blocking ability, would be teams that liked him better than AJ Green. Ie. perfect fit for the Vikings!!
    I could be happy with a WR at 12, but think that they can get someone later with almost the same skillset. Rationale behind that is almost every college runs the spread offense. If anybody benifits from that, its the WR's coming out.

    I think there's a good chance that we go all offense early, since the Defense is our strong suit, with both players and coaching personel.
    Hmmmm, I'm actually thinking we go defense with our first two if we don't go QB with 12. Gotta fix the DL my friend. Can't keep ignoring it.

    How do you feel about trading a future first to move back into the back end of the first round for our QB?

    Perhaps, a pipe dream, but wouldn't it be sweet if we landed a trio of:
    Julio Jones at 12
    Mallet/Locker/Ponder in the 20s
    Marcus Cannon/Wisneiwski/Pouncey with our 2nd

    A true playmaking threat, another young QB to develop, and some size in the middle to help AP find some room to run!?
    I could live with that for the first 3. Nice WR, bout the range everyone that passed on QB's early will be trying to get one. Not sure if Wis or Pouncey will last that long. Much rather see them fix the DL with a Paea or Taylor.

    Thing is, even though I like it, we could also go:

    1rst - Mallet QB - Start him and let him work through the issues.
    2nd - Paea DT - Fixes your DL. Helps the backend
    4th - ODowd C - If Sully/Coop are to small this guy will step right in.
    5th - Deandre Brown WR - Big possesion guy.
    5th - Beal or Sturdivant OLB - Projects but you have Jasper/Could resign Erin
    6th - Stuckey or Harris FS - You have 3 guys that have been starters if you resign Hussain. this guy adds depth, another option.
    7th - Graham or Oordt TE - Two big "Inline" TE's who can block.

    Best part is, you address all the issues and you wouldn't have to give up a pick for next years draft.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #120
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840

    Re: "Mock Drafts I Like/Find Interesting" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092501
    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1092495
    I think it comes down to compromises. IF the players give up some bucks and the high end, first round contracts, they certainly aren't going to want to give up the 4 year minimum for unrestricted Free Agency!! That is when a good player makes his money!

    SO, my gut feeling, it that we're going to lose both Ray and Rice, cuz somebody is going to overpay, at least by our standards.
    I don't mind loosing Ray. Even though he has done a nice job, I don't see him making it through the life of another contract at LDE.

    Rice I'm torn on. I guess I won't be miffed if he leaves and I won't be over joyed if he stays.

    I'm also thinking Bigger Center, but who's available as a Free Agent?
    I thought so as well but after doing some research, it appears Musgrove likes a smaller center. To date, he's only had one on the roster bigger than 300 lbs.

    So, we signed another slot/possesion guy in Iglesias, and a bigger guy in Emmanual Arceneaux, good depth I'm glad we signed to be sure...but also, 2 guys who did not make the rosters of the WR hurting Bores, nor more talented Lions! IF we lose Rice, our depth there is hurting. I'm not so much looking for a burner, as intrigued with Julio Jones' overall package...he's got size, speed, outstanding leap, and is a tenacious blocker!!! I can't find the quote now, but I read somewhere that teams that are more WCO (shorter routes, more YAC) and/or Run First with his blocking ability, would be teams that liked him better than AJ Green. Ie. perfect fit for the Vikings!!
    I could be happy with a WR at 12, but think that they can get someone later with almost the same skillset. Rationale behind that is almost every college runs the spread offense. If anybody benifits from that, its the WR's coming out.

    I think there's a good chance that we go all offense early, since the Defense is our strong suit, with both players and coaching personel.
    Hmmmm, I'm actually thinking we go defense with our first two if we don't go QB with 12. Gotta fix the DL my friend. Can't keep ignoring it.

    How do you feel about trading a future first to move back into the back end of the first round for our QB?

    Perhaps, a pipe dream, but wouldn't it be sweet if we landed a trio of:
    Julio Jones at 12
    Mallet/Locker/Ponder in the 20s
    Marcus Cannon/Wisneiwski/Pouncey with our 2nd

    A true playmaking threat, another young QB to develop, and some size in the middle to help AP find some room to run!?
    I could live with that for the first 3. Nice WR, bout the range everyone that passed on QB's early will be trying to get one. Not sure if Wis or Pouncey will last that long. Much rather see them fix the DL with a Paea or Taylor.

    Thing is, even though I like it, we could also go:

    1rst - Mallet QB - Start him and let him work through the issues.
    2nd - Paea DT - Fixes your DL. Helps the backend
    4th - ODowd C - If Sully/Coop are to small this guy will step right in.
    5th - Deandre Brown WR - Big possesion guy.
    5th - Beal or Sturdivant OLB - Projects but you have Jasper/Could resign Erin
    6th - Stuckey or Harris FS - You have 3 guys that have been starters if you resign Hussain. this guy adds depth, another option.
    7th - Graham or Oordt TE - Two big "Inline" TE's who can block.

    Best part is, you address all the issues and you wouldn't have to give up a pick for next years draft.
    I like the way you think Marr! I'd pretty happy with that! And, all those 5-7 round picks have ST potential too.

    I'm getting pretty excited for this year's draft. Looks to be very interesting with all the needs and no Free Agency yet to address them!

    cheers!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mock Drafts We Like
    By mountainviking in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 02:10 PM
  2. Tired of "Mock" Drafts?
    By Slade in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 09:45 AM
  3. Mock Drafts
    By LLBalla19 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 01:16 AM
  4. Mock Drafts
    By BlowuptheDome in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-26-2006, 02:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •