Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: "Mock Drafts I Like/Find Interesting" Thread

Consensus Mock 7 Rounds
    I really like this site and how they keep updating this mock.

12. Julio Jones WR - Should make a few of you happy.
    43. Marcus Cannon - OG 6'5", 358 lbs. Not sure why he has him projected as a G. Played RT and LT at the collegiate level. CDS does project him to start (initially) as a G and could possibly move to T.

Projection
    Third rounder. Cannon could become an immediate starter at guard next season, and he might be a better guard prospect than tackle prospect because of his weight and lack of lateral quickness.
    With Pouncey still on the board, I would take him and plug him in at Center before I took the "Dancing Bear".
    105. Virgil Green, TE - With Ricky Stanzi sitting there still available I would snatch him in an instant.
    135. Pat Devlin, QB - From our good friends at CDS Pat Devlin
    Strengths
    Ideal size. Big school pedigree. Pocket passer with a classic overhead delivery. Patient and precise. Accurate. Has matured nicely and is a good decision maker. Pro ready. Has really improved his field vision, overall awareness, and become proficient at going through the progression quickly and smoothly. Had an amazing second half of 2010 when his comp% was off the charts good. Will step up in the pocket. Can make all the throws, and has a nice deep out. Shows touch, and feathers the ball on screens. Can throw 60 yards. Deadly when he's in rhythm. Can run a little. Flacco's success can't hurt his draft prospects.
    Weaknesses
    Has had wrist problems. A bit entitled. Will have some balls batted when he throws flairs and flat passes, because he changes his overhead style a little. Does not have the greatest pocket-pressure awareness, and will not escaped easily when the pocket collapses. Ball handling and fakes are only average. Will not create with his feet. Doesn't roll out or throw on the run very much. Must be kept clean to be effective. Not all that durable. Comp% was somewhat inflated due to all the short routes he threw at UD.
    Projection
    6th rounder.
    147. Jurell Casey, DT - Hmmmmmmmm Not quite the "War Pig" I was looking for. Just another 3 technique.
    Strengths
    Casey is a shorter, squatty defensive tackle who has a good, wide base and plays with good leverage. Good initial quickness to penetrate into the backfield and lateral quickness to slant by linemen or redirect. When he plays with good leverage, he has good strength to anchor at the POA. Good athlete to disengage from blocks and makes plays in pursuit. Provides pressure from his defensive tackle spot with his quickness and an effective arm over and club move.
    Weaknesses
    Less than ideal height and slightly top-heavy. Inconsistent anticipation of the snap count. Good strength, but he comes out of his stance at times with high pads, which leads him to be pushed around at the POA. Coudl improve his hand usage. Needs to improve his conditioning, as he can tire late in drives and late in games.
    Projection
    Second rounder. Casey's size and quickness best suits him as a three technique for a 4-3 defense, where he should at least be a rotational player and could compete for a starting spot as a rookie.
    173. Chris Rucker, CB
    203. D. Johnson-Koulianos, WR
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Defense rules early in a look at the first two rounds

Kirwans picks for us:

12TYRON SMITHOTUSC
    Smith jumped to the head of the class for some teams when he weighed in at more than 300 pounds and had 29 reps on the bench press to go along with his game tapes. The Vikings need a quarterback in the worst way, but I don't think they reach for one here. It's too bad there are issues surrounding Ryan Mallett because his arm and Adrian Peterson behind him would be an interesting backfield. In my first mock it was OT Nate Solder here, and he has to garner some consideration.
    43. Minnesota Vikings, Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
    Not sure T is that big of a need and I am 100% sure that Smith isn't the BPA based on his mock.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091484

Kirwans picks for us:

12TYRON SMITHOTUSC
    Smith jumped to the head of the class for some teams when he weighed in at more than 300 pounds and had 29 reps on the bench press to go along with his game tapes. The Vikings need a quarterback in the worst way, but I don't think they reach for one here. It's too bad there are issues surrounding Ryan Mallett because his arm and Adrian Peterson behind him would be an interesting backfield. In my first mock it was OT Nate Solder here, and he has to garner some consideration.
    Not sure T is that big of a need and I am 100% sure that Smith isn't the BPA based on his mock.
    As much as I really want to step up the talent on the OL and have for the past half decade I absolutely agree with you that taking a guy like that at 12 would be a mistake. The draft in the mid rounds is going to be damn deep with OL talent and we can really stock up on guys there plus there will be vets released to make room for rookies that we can also bring in.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1091503

Kirwans picks for us:

12TYRON SMITHOTUSC
    As much as I really want to step up the talent on the OL and have for the past half decade I absolutely agree with you that taking a guy like that at 12 would be a mistake. The draft in the mid rounds is going to be damn deep with OL talent and we can really stock up on guys there plus there will be vets released to make room for rookies that we can also bring in.
    Its been posts like that, of late, that have you steadily climbing the spreadsheets my friend.

Apologies for the late start today, ladies and gentlemen. . .bit of a busy day over here already in the real world. We'll get back to the movie tournament tomorrow, making sure that all of the match-ups still get the requisite 72 hours worth of voting time.

But now, it's time to start the 2011 Daily Norseman Community Mock Draft. Basically, I'll take brief look at each team, and present a number of options that I think make sense for each team's pick in that spot. As a result, some teams may have more available options than others. So, without any further ado, let's start with the Carolina Panthers, possessors of the first overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft
    2011 Daily Norseman Community NFL Mock Draft - Carolina Panthers

OK, I know its not a mock draft in total (yet), but this is fun to follow.

Suprisingly, I voted for Gabbert, but so far, the numbers show that Newton is in the lead.

I will try to get each pick into this thread so that we can follow how this evolves.

Judging by the "Throng" of PPO'rs on line today (8 right now) the reading load/interest is gonna be heavy. :dry:

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1091503

Kirwans picks for us:

12TYRON SMITH OT USC
    I'd have to agree with that and that would then mean we're not looking at a QB until round 4 ( assuming we don't somehow get a third round pick back ). That would mean having a QB that was a similar level to the one neing chased out of town.. somehow I don't this scenario panning out.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091527
    Apologies for the late start today, ladies and gentlemen. . .bit of a busy day over here already in the real world. We'll get back to the movie tournament tomorrow, making sure that all of the match-ups still get the requisite 72 hours worth of voting time.

But now, it's time to start the 2011 Daily Norseman Community Mock Draft. Basically, I'll take brief look at each team, and present a number of options that I think make sense for each team's pick in that spot. As a result, some teams may have more available options than others. So, without any further ado, let's start with the Carolina Panthers, possessors of the first overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft

Suprisingly, I voted for Gabbert, but so far, the numbers show that Newton is in the lead.

I will try to get each pick into this thread so that we can follow how this evolves.

Judging by the "Throng" of PPO'rs on line today (8 right now) the reading load/interest is gonna be heavy. :dry:
    well at the moment its neck and neck between the two

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1091531
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091527

well at the moment its neck and neck between the two
    I can't remember the last draft were there wasn't a clear cut number 1 pick.

Crazy....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091555
    I can't remember the last draft were there wasn't a clear cut number 1 pick.

Crazy....
    think it just shows that the some of the teams near the top are now suffering from poor drafting strategies which means that they have more than one major position of need.
    I also wonder how much the current labour situation is affecting the way teams look at drafting. This may have them consider players more that may be able to come straight into a team and be productive - given that offseason OTAs, minicamps and TCs may be limited or even non existent. This may well affect some of the skill positions more on the offensive side.

So letís recap, shall we?

Free agency is a huge question mark, the CBA talks unexpectedly failed and Blaine Gabbert is ranked higher than Jake Locker? Well, nuts to all of that because what's really important is the 2011 NFL Draftónamely, the Minnesota Vikings' seven-round Mock Draft!

There is a ton of discussion over what the Vikings will do in the draft, particularly with their first selection.

But it will be the middle rounds where the Vikings will really want to pick wisely if they are to build through youth and prepare for age.

The other interesting situation is exactly who will be where in each of the rounds that the Vikings will draft in. I say this because there are a couple of players who are extremely intriguing and could be great back-end filler picks who could potentially help this team down the road.

Wanna see?
    2011 NFL Mock Draft: Minnesota Vikings' 7 Round Mock Draft

Don't put much credence into 7 round mocks without seeing who he would have taken for the other teams in all of the rounds, but the guys he takes are interesting, none-the-less.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast