Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mock Drafts I Like/Find Interesting" Thread

12. Minnesota – Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA

And here we are, the big choice that most of you are looking at this mock for, and once again it is a tough choice. I think many Vikings fans would look at the top three quarterbacks already being off the board and they would agree that the team should try to trade back to gain extra picks. I don’t have trades in this mock, however.

Ayers is a great talent and the Vikings could possibly use some help on the outside depending on what happens with Chad Greenway and Ben Leber. In this scenario, I’d say Ayers or perhaps a defensive end would have to be considered. (see scouting report)
    2011 Mock Draft

He makes a good point wrt LB'rs, however, I think the same could be said for a couple of other positions and I don't think there is any chance that the Vikes don't resign Chad.

A couple of other interesting picks....

23. Philadelphia – Gabe Carimi, G, Wisconsin

This is a roster that is a mess. There’s the whole Kolb vs. Vick thing, the O-Line stinks, Desean Jackson might hold out until they give him $60 billion guaranteed, their linebackers are giant question marks. When it comes to the draft, though, a big bulldozer in the middle of the offensive line might be just what the doctor ordered in terms of calming everything down a bit.
    Not so much that they take a G, but who they take.

32. Green Bay – Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois

Sure, James Starks has found his groove as a rookie and they’ll be getting Ryan Grant back from injury, but the Packers run game suffered for much of the season and probably was the reason they didn’t win the division and get to play some playoff games at home. Leshoure might challenge Ingram as the best running back in this draft class and would surely improve the Packers rushing attack for year to come.
    PUKERs will be dead scary next year with a running game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: "Mock Drafts I Like/Find Interesting" Thread

12. *Robert Quinn
    DE, North Carolina

Quarterback is the team's biggest need, but with both Cameron Newton and Blaine Gabbert off the board, the Vikings look toward the defensive line. Defensive end Ray Edwards is an unrestricted free agent and could leave this off-season which opens up a spot opposite Jared Allen. Had Quinn been able to play this season, he very well may have challenged DaQuan Bowers for the top defensive end spot in this draft class. He is a dynamic pass rusher who will immediately upgrade the Vikings pass rush. If Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert slip to this spot, don't be surprised to see the Vikings grab one of them right away. Jake Locker or Ryan Mallett are the next two quarterbacks on most boards, but they have not proven themselves to be top 15 selections yet.
    Sideline Scouting
    I see this guy more and more. My question is, if he is this good, why won't other teams ahead of us over look his issues and take him before us.

Like LB (he projects one at 43) in the first mock, I think DE is also a viable option as to what the Vikes might do.

43. Bruce Carter LB, North Carolina
    Like what he does in the 4th but not sure this kid is there.
    105. Colin Kaepernick QB, Nevada
    136. Jermale Hines S, Ohio St.
    147. Chris Neild DT, West Virginia
    167. Alex Linnenkohl C, Oregon St.
    204. Nate Williams S, Washington
    Don't know anything about any of these kids but I like the positions he addresses.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089495
    12. *Robert Quinn
    DE, North Carolina

Quarterback is the team's biggest need, but with both Cameron Newton and Blaine Gabbert off the board, the Vikings look toward the defensive line. Defensive end Ray Edwards is an unrestricted free agent and could leave this off-season which opens up a spot opposite Jared Allen. Had Quinn been able to play this season, he very well may have challenged DaQuan Bowers for the top defensive end spot in this draft class. He is a dynamic pass rusher who will immediately upgrade the Vikings pass rush. If Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert slip to this spot, don't be surprised to see the Vikings grab one of them right away. Jake Locker or Ryan Mallett are the next two quarterbacks on most boards, but they have not proven themselves to be top 15 selections yet.
    Sideline Scouting
    I see this guy more and more. My question is, if he is this good, why won't other teams ahead of us over look his issues and take him before us.

Like LB in the first mock, I think DE is also a viable option as to what the Vikes might do.
    If we can get our hands on Quinn i wouldnt think twice, he will in my mind be an amazing player.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1089496
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089495
    12. *Robert Quinn
    DE, North Carolina

Sideline Scouting

Like LB in the first mock, I think DE is also a viable option as to what the Vikes might do.
    If we can get our hands on Quinn i wouldnt think twice, he will in my mind be an amazing player.
    I see alot of mocks that have him going to us.

12th- Minnesota- Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois: This might seem high for Liuget (pronounced “Legit” how awesome is that) but I think he has a chance to go this high. I am really high on him as a defensive tackle prospect and I think he could be a great fit in Minnesota. They figure to continue running the Cover-2 scheme with Leslie Frazier assuming the head coaching vacancy left by Brad Childress but I think DT is a huge need for them right up there with QB and Safety. There is no safety worth this selection, and honestly I think they need to sign a stop-gap QB like Matt Hasselbeck or Kyle Orton if he is indeed a free agent (or Donovan McNabb if the Redskins do actually get rid of him) because any of the QB’s they could pick in this draft will need time before they can step in and start. There is not a Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco or Mark Sanchez in this draft class. So, I think the Vikings should fill one of their other needs with a BPA pick here and honestly Liuget might be that guy. When I put together my new DT rankings he will probably be #3 behind only Fairley and Dareus. He would play very well next to Kevin Williams because he is very strong and holds up pretty well versus the run but can also penetrate, make plays in the backfield and get pressure on the QB. He isn’t on Fairley’s level of disruption, which is comparable to Kevin Williams
    Tom Melton's NFL Draft Blog

12. Minnesota Vikings - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3 The Vikings drafted a cornerback in the 2nd round last year by the name of Chris Cook. Cook could be a starter this year and have a long, successful career. They could get Amukamara to learn behind the talented, but aging Antoine Winfield on the other side and slowly groom him to replace Winfield. Minnesota could also look for their quarterback of the future here as well.

Previous Pick: Nick Solder, OT, Colorado
    Other possibilities: Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada; Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
    NFL Mock Draft 2.0
    Mystifies me why anyone would think we would go ahead and draft a CB. Our issues on defense aren't CB related, they are DL along with injuries at our CB position related..

dfosterf is offline Coach

I don't have any trust in any CB in a draft, ever. ...almost equivalent to my lack of trust in any QB's.

You want to talk about luck?

Sam Shields is way beyond a lottery pick for the Pack, that is some seriously scary luck.

There is your luck for smack-talking purposes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1089505
    I don't have any trust in any CB in a draft, ever. ...almost equivalent to my lack of trust in any QB's.

You want to talk about luck?

Sam Shields is way beyond a lottery pick for the Pack, that is some seriously scary luck.

There is your luck for smack-talking purposes. :P
    Still talking sense this early in the morning. Very impressive my friend.

Truth is, for me at least, I hate it when we have to rely on rooks for anything. In almost every case they will eventually do a rook thing that will cost you a game.

CB is one that I really really really don't like to see them out there, especially when they are matched up against a old, sly, WR. Rook CB is gonna loose almost every time.

12 ) Vikings | Nate Solder, OT, Colorado

The Vikings have to hope one of those QBs fall to them or someone works their way up at the Combine. Jake Locker is a real possibility here if the memory of his season can be erased during the draft process. With that in mind, we can see the Vikings building up that once impressive offensive line. They may have to protect a 2nd or 3rd round QB after all.

Picked here previously-Nate Solder
    NFL Draft Today
    Mayock really was pumping this kid up and when I finally got to see him play in the Senior bowl, he stunk it up.

Not sure T is a option for the staff this year. My guess, they will go into the season with Big Mac and Load at T and if they bring a T in, it will be a latter round pick.

For some reason, I can't shake the feeling Leslie is gonna try to get Spielman to shore up the defense first.

Inside the Iggles
    He also has Solder. Not why I posted this link. I posted it cause I like his format. Looks almost exactly like the format I use for my 7 rounder.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast