Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Mock draft...we get AP!!

I'm not entirely too impress with Chester. Believe it or not our Oline did a very good job blocking last season....I think any solid back could've had a terrific season. That being said, I would LOVE to add Adrian Peterson. The guy is as good as it gets. I personally think he will make the most impact his rookie year (yes over Calvin Johnson and Quinn).
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Yep!!!
    I'll take him if we don't move up for Calvin!
    He would definitely add a spark (ala Reggie Bush) to our offense!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"Purplemania" wrote:
    I'm not entirely too impress with Chester. Believe it or not our Oline did a very good job blocking last season....I think any solid back could've had a terrific season. That being said, I would LOVE to add Adrian Peterson. The guy is as good as it gets. I personally think he will make the most impact his rookie year (yes over Calvin Johnson and Quinn).
    Not impressed with 1200 yds, considering he missed one game with a leg injury?

What would impress you?

A few catches out of the backfield for a few hundred yards?
    He did that, too!

Still not impressed?

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "Purplemania" wrote:

What would impress you?

He did that, too!

Still not impressed?

Think of what he could've done with a passing game...

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "Purplemania" wrote:

What would impress you?

He did that, too!

Still not impressed?

I kind of stated why. Our Oline was pretty solid and I think a legit back could've done the same. Plus he seemed to gather his yards in bunchs. He'd have 100 yards in one game, then only 35 the next. He kind of lacks explosiveness...other then the 99 yd run agianst the SeaHawks I don't remeber any other long runs.

Bleh I don't want to make Chester sound bad but I really hope we bring in a more explosive player to compliment his running style. Mewelde Moore is soso solid but he's not a 3rd down back and NOTHING CLOSE TO BRYAN WESTBROOK. Moore is a utility player, someone to bring in every once a while surprise defenses. Fason looked solid when given the chance but coaches don't believe in him enough.

Just imagine Chester going in...subs out for a few plays to gather a breather and Adrian Peterson going in!
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

Just imagine a 40 million dollar contract for a running back who wouldn't even get 20 touches a game.

I see a lot of people that want to get AP because he'd be a good "change of pace back" like Reggie was for the Saints.
    Peterson is a workhorse like Taylor.
    He gets better with more carries, and he's a
    north-south runner like Taylor, so is it really that much of a change of pace? Also, how long do you think Peterson and Taylor would be able to coexist and share the load?
    Taylor got a big contract, so does it make sense to give another big contract to a running back?

"Mr" wrote:
    It just annoys me that Chilly brought the WR problem he had in Philly with him here to Minnesota and is doing nothing to correct it. This team will go nowhere without a respectable passing game, and I don't see why we haven't done anything about it.

We have not fixed the weaker points of the offensive line.

We have not fixed our WR problem.
    And no questions have been answered about the QB situation(but they will be)... however I don't see much success from TJack if we don't do something about the offensive line and wide receiver problems.

Peterson might have the best combo of size, speed, and strength of any running back in/coming to the NFL, but durability is a question. And after seeing what 8-9 men in the box all the time did to Chester Taylor, I'm worried. So I don't want to see Adrian Peterson in a Vikings uniform unless we address this WR issue before the draft. We need a respectable passing game to open up the running game. And I'll tell you what, Troy Williamson Billy McMullen, Bobby Wade, Jason Carter, and Martin Nance are not getting the job done. In fact, they are hands down the worst WR corps I have ever seen. We better pray Dwayne Jarrett's 40 time causes him to drop to the second round, because if we don't get a talented WR, we're ~messed up~.

Our defense is only getting better, Erasmus James is returning, Greenway returning, and everyone has another year of experience under their belt, but I just see our offense getting worse and worse every time we let someone go. Wiggins, Taylor, Robinson. Bringing in virtually no one to replace them, or improve our glaring needs on offense is just ridiculous.

I know they say they want to build through the draft, but there is no reason to not take advantage of free agency. We were well under the salary cap and easily could have signed a WR, even though the class was not strong, or a RT to beef up that side of the line, but we did neither. I don't care if we signed Bobby Wade, he's a nobody. I'm not saying we need to sign superstars, but we need to bring in good players to address our needs. The only thing we did this offseason that I am remotely intrigued by is signing Visanthe Schiancoe.

We can take Adrian Peterson at 7, but he'll be no more successful than Chester Taylor was this year. Don't get me wrong, he had a good year, but it could have been much much better if we had a respectable passing game.

The management is holding this offense back by not bringing in the necessary personnel and after seeing what's gone down this offseason, I'm pretty confident we're not going to break 8-8 this season.
    who needs WR when you have two good RBs?!?!
    :
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    I see a lot of people that want to get AP because he'd be a good "change of pace back" like Reggie was for the Saints.
    Peterson is a workhorse like Taylor.
    He gets better with more carries, and he's a
    north-south runner like Taylor, so is it really that much of a change of pace? Also, how long do you think Peterson and Taylor would be able to coexist and share the load?
    Taylor got a big contract, so does it make sense to give another big contract to a running back?
    You bring up a good point about how Taylor and Peterson have the same running styles. Peterson does seem to be a bit more explosive though. Still, it would not be so much a change of pace, but then again I don't consider McAlister a workhorse.

As far of coexisting, I don't think it would be a problem. Childress ran so much last year that Moore, Pinner, and Fason got plenty of carries. Those threee would see far less time, but Chester wouldn't suffer that much IMO. Contract-wise, I don't think there is a problem either. I mean the Saints have two first round picks in their backfield if I'm not mistaken, so I assume both have pretty large contracts.

Should that money be invested on defense instead? That is a whole different debate.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

gimli vike is offline Training Camp

With Childress Inc.
    using his version of the WC offence which uses the run to open up the (short) passing game (ball control, clock eating, and few mistakes seems to be his mantra,) it may be that they would consider a running back with their 7th pick rather than trying to fill another position of need.
    ie WR, or right side OL.
    Two quality backs pounding away would fit this style.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast