Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SHaKE N BaKe is offline Waterboy

Re: Mock draft...we get AP!!

I say take Adrian.
    This years WR class is great.
    We can always get Andrae Allison or someone in the second round.
    We need two big playmakers on offense to keep the defense guessing.
    Adrian would be an explosive improvement if he stays healthy.

simonsparre is offline Pro-Bowler

Adrian Peterson in the first round, trade up and pick Anthony Spencer in the late first round, Jacoby Jones in the 3rd and Syvelle Newton (athlete) in the 6th round

The perfect draft for the Vikings imo.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I would take AP at 7, but if we choose not to trading down is the next best thing. With a guy like AP still on the board we would be getting some juicy trade offers. Maybe get a veteran QB/WR/DE, trade down to the middle of the first, and then get a WR. That fills 2 out of 5 holes with maybe even an extra pick next year as well.

That would be how a team builds through the draft.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

You can get a quality RB in any round of the draft, history has proven that.
    Why waste a #7 pick on a backup player at one of our few areas of strength last year?
    Newsflash, we have a 1200+ yard runner already on the team and do not have the luxery of drafting for depth at #7.

If Calvin is there, take him.
    If Quinn in there take him.
    If Gaines Adams in there, take him (even though I don't think we have a huge need at DE either).
    Other than that, we should be trading down so we can pick up a WR, QB, DE, or CB without reaching.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

With the problems we had last year I would lean towards using all of my picks on WR's and the right side of the OL. realistically if we could trade out of the 7 spot and get a first round right OL and 2 second round WR's I think it would help us out immensely. Then draft OL in the third and 4th round and throw in a TE and a DE in later rounds.

Then the other thing I would do is look hard at the OL, WR and QB staff and see if i have the personnel to honestly develop what I had and if necessary bring in some people to accelerate the development of the position players. then we may have a chance of making a splash in the postseason in 2009

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

mock draft!!!..its a MOCK draft, meaning theres no need for the "WE GET AP!!!! YAY!"
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

That would be a great pickup if it happens . . . but we'll see on draft day.

I hope that the Vikings draft the best player available (regardless of their position) . . . if we stay at #7.

Don't draft for need in the first round!
    You can end up overpaying for lesser talent and someone down the draft will pick up a great value player . . . that we should've picked up!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

BritishVike is offline Rookie

"olson_10" wrote:
    mock draft!!!..its a MOCK draft, meaning theres no need for the "WE GET AP!!!! YAY!"
    Dont remember writing "WE GET AP!!! YAY!". Just thought it was a good discussion piece with regards to the draft and what might happen. Obviously RB isn't our most pressing need, wanted to get everyones take on whether AP would be a good choice or whether people would prefer to take other options should the draft play out like this.

davike is offline Team Alumni

I wouldn't mind picking up AP, but we need a pass game to open up the run game, I was suprised how well Taylor did without a decent pass game. We need a top notch WR to help stretch the field and open up the pass game.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    You can get a quality RB in any round of the draft, history has proven that.
    Why waste a #7 pick on a backup player at one of our few areas of strength last year?
    Newsflash, we have a 1200+ yard runner already on the team and do not have the luxery of drafting for depth at #7.

If Calvin is there, take him.
    If Quinn in there take him.
    If Gaines Adams in there, take him (even though I don't think we have a huge need at DE either).
    Other than that, we should be trading down so we can pick up a WR, QB, DE, or CB without reaching.
    That is a very sound argument. Let's just hope than somebody good falls to us. Even if we don't take him, it will give us a lot of trade power.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast