Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    BritishVike is offline Rookie

Mock draft...we get AP!!

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

I like this draft, i think a lot depends on oakland.If they draft CJ a lot of picks get changed early on. I still would like us to trade out of #7 and accumulate some early picks but i like the idea of drafting a player of real top calibre, a potential franchise player that everyone can get behind.

What u guys think?

Re: Mock draft...we get AP!!

IMO, there are few key holes to fill.
    Therefore, the Vikings should sit at #7 and take a QB, WR, or RB.
    That would yield a player with the greatest potential to be a long run impact, rather than trading back and accumulating an uneeded extra pick with a lesser quality first round pick.

People who clamor for trading back forget that the Vikings also have 2nd, 3rd, 4th.... round picks and fail to realize that only WR1, WR2, are high priority needs.
    And they fail to realize that taking a top QB (Quinn) or a pass rushing DE (Adams) at 7 would provide a great upgrade at an important position which was a weakness last year.

The depth of the WR class provides opportunities to select a quality WR or two in round 2 and later.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

im definatly happpy with getting peterson, i know its not a huge need but it would give us a blue chip prospect.
    I dont like the idea of getting steve smith before sydney rice tho.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I much rather they draft Quinn :-X

gimli vike is offline Training Camp

I'm not convinced that Petersen will be there for the 7th pick, but if he is, it has to be a good choice for the Vikes.
    A back of his caliber does not become available that regularly.
    I feel there will later round choices of receivers that they can look at.

Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach

I dont like drafting a RB in the 7 spot... after spending money on Chesta and him turning out just fine and MEMO being a better than average, IMO, backup with westbrook like qualitites, I say move down in the draft if gaines adams is not there.
    Drafting Peterson would not have much effect on our team.. all it would do is take carries and time away from an already capable RB currently on our team... It wouldn't help the fact that our WR's are terrible and the QB situtation is still uncertain at best..

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

AD would be fantastic. But I have aproblem with the next 2 rounds. In the second, if Dwayne Jarrett fell, I would expect us to trade up with either Oakland or Detroit. Both of the guys they have them taking would be avaliable at our pick and we would only have to give up a couple of eoncd day picks. If we stay put, the I would much rather have Kalil and move Birk to RG. In the third, if we picked up Jarrett, then a CB like Tarell Brown would be a good pick. If we picked Kalil, then a wideout like Jason Hill would be a good pick.

gimli vike is offline Training Camp

My thoughts about adding Petersen if available, was that more teams seem to be going with 2 solid RB's, not a starter and a backup.
    With Taylor wearing down late last year and none of the other backs doing the job (including the fragile Moore) why not add such a quality back? However I still believe it's a probably a moot point because he will likely be gone by the Vikes seventh pick.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"BritishVike" wrote:
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

I like this draft, i think a lot depends on oakland.If they draft CJ a lot of picks get changed early on. I still would like us to trade out of #7 and accumulate some early picks but i like the idea of drafting a player of real top calibre, a potential franchise player that everyone can get behind.

What u guys think?
    "Nephilim" wrote:
    I much rather they draft Quinn :-X
    AP would be the future of vikes his amazing his big fast and strong, he can out run you and run you over he would be a great back for us and fuck brady quinn give tjack a chance

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

It just annoys me that Chilly brought the WR problem he had in Philly with him here to Minnesota and is doing nothing to correct it. This team will go nowhere without a respectable passing game, and I don't see why we haven't done anything about it.

We have not fixed the weaker points of the offensive line.

We have not fixed our WR problem.

And no questions have been answered about the QB situation(but they will be)... however I don't see much success from TJack if we don't do something about the offensive line and wide receiver problems.

Peterson might have the best combo of size, speed, and strength of any running back in/coming to the NFL, but durability is a question. And after seeing what 8-9 men in the box all the time did to Chester Taylor, I'm worried. So I don't want to see Adrian Peterson in a Vikings uniform unless we address this WR issue before the draft. We need a respectable passing game to open up the running game. And I'll tell you what, Troy Williamson Billy McMullen, Bobby Wade, Jason Carter, and Martin Nance are not getting the job done. In fact, they are hands down the worst WR corps I have ever seen. We better pray Dwayne Jarrett's 40 time causes him to drop to the second round, because if we don't get a talented WR, we're fucked.

Our defense is only getting better, Erasmus James is returning, Greenway returning, and everyone has another year of experience under their belt, but I just see our offense getting worse and worse every time we let someone go. Wiggins, Taylor, Robinson. Bringing in virtually no one to replace them, or improve our glaring needs on offense is just ridiculous.

I know they say they want to build through the draft, but there is no reason to not take advantage of free agency. We were well under the salary cap and easily could have signed a WR, even though the class was not strong, or a RT to beef up that side of the line, but we did neither. I don't care if we signed Bobby Wade, he's a nobody. I'm not saying we need to sign superstars, but we need to bring in good players to address our needs. The only thing we did this offseason that I am remotely intrigued by is signing Visanthe Schiancoe.

We can take Adrian Peterson at 7, but he'll be no more successful than Chester Taylor was this year. Don't get me wrong, he had a good year, but it could have been much much better if we had a respectable passing game.

The management is holding this offense back by not bringing in the necessary personnel and after seeing what's gone down this offseason, I'm pretty confident we're not going to break 8-8 this season.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast